Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

Juddy is going to be on Monday Night at 7.30 on Channel One's new show "One Week at a Time" :thumbsup:

Apparently it is like on the couch.

Also the game is going to be repeated tomorrow night at 7.30 pm if you want to re-live the game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:21 pm 
Horrie Clover

driving home after the game, and hearing the talkback's on the radio, and a richmond supporter selling his new 1-game used membership, ahh. it was pure bliss.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 am 
Bruce Doull

Across the bottom of the screen:

Quote:
This announcement for Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide etc Metropolitan areas only. There are currently no plans to introduce this service in your area.

So they've renamed an existing channel, promoted it as an all new, whiz-bang, 24hr sports channel, pumped it up all week with promos and special spots in their news broadcasts then said in the fine print "by the way, flower you country viewers".

Get flowered.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hmmm, so if you don't have HD free to air or don't want to pay for Foxtel's very limited HD service (like me) - you can't see this show (?) No chance of this being shown on other channels or Fox Sport?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:14 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Jez1966 wrote:

Also the game is going to be repeated tomorrow night at 7.30 pm if you want to re-live the game.

Ha ha...awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am 
Bruce Doull

Stone Free wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:

Ha ha...awesome.

It'd be awesome is someone made available a *cough* legal *cough* copy for those of us who have been shafted by Ch10 and aren't getting their fancy "new" channel.

Flowers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

Jez1966 wrote:

Legend, thanks for letting us know. Will be good to watch it again, in a sober state.

Pity the replay will cross over with the Geelong game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:20 am 
Rod Ashman

mikkey wrote:
Hmmm, so if you don't have HD free to air or don't want to pay for Foxtel's very limited HD service (like me) - you can't see this show (?) No chance of this being shown on other channels or Fox Sport?

Mikkey I am not sure if the sports channel/shows will also be shown on Channel 12 which is available on a SD set top box. Channel 12 previously was showing all the sports that Channel 1 was showing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:

Quote:
This announcement for Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide etc Metropolitan areas only. There are currently no plans to introduce this service in your area.

So they've renamed an existing channel, promoted it as an all new, whiz-bang, 24hr sports channel, pumped it up all week with promos and special spots in their news broadcasts then said in the fine print "by the way, flower you country viewers".

Get flowered.

ONE is also being broadcast in SD on ch 12 (digital). Does that work in Shep?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 pm 
Craig Bradley

Maquarie Southern Cross Network own broadcast licenses in all of the regional areas - excluding WA. They have recently upgraded their capabilities to something fairly massive and plan to broadcast ONE on their HD platforms, but there might be some contract difficulties with some of their negotiations with Nine and Seven. Southern Cross broadcasts shows from all three major networks in one area or another.

Last I heard, they were planning to launch in June.... but that date has been revised a couple of times now.

I think Austar is on board already?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:50 pm 
Bruce Doull

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Quote:

Get flowered.

ONE is also being broadcast in SD on ch 12 (digital). Does that work in Shep?

It wasn't on any of Ch 10's digital channels last night, just the message above displayed on the screen any time OneHD was mentioned.

Post subject: Judd on One
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 pm 
Bruce Comben

If anybody from the metro areas that actually receives One HD could record and perhaps Youtube Judd's interview from One Week at a Time it would be greatly appreciated by us regionals :smile:

A great decision by great minds to broadcast only to metro viewers... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:33 pm 
Bruce Doull

Judd's not on One Week at a Time, bedridden with flu (Gastro? :confused: ).

Ratts on instead.

There is a story tonight about Robbo and the lead up to his debut.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:48 pm 
Rod Ashman

Ratts on next......

Enjoying a footy show on free to air that actually talk about football with no egos

Got to go and listen to Ratts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ratts very impressive.

Some of the things he revealed:
Gave Smurf BOG in his votes.
Gave votes to Waite (Who IMO seems to have really improved his attitude, which has had a massive positive influence on his game)
Loves WIGGINS. I reckon he sees someone like himself in Wiggo, that he may not always be the most skilled operator, but always gives his all, and will always put in the effort for the team.
Wouldn't be drawn into whether or not individual players are targeted and niggled, as Port did to Lovett yesterday.

"Access All Areas" next with Robbo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

More from Ratts:

Santy played ruck in the 2s on the weekend, and picked up 24 possies.
Santy will have to wait his turn as a tall backman, given Waite Jamo and Bower are looking pretty settled.

Wallsy revealed: At Richmond, Gieschen was his "magnet man", and failed at that job too, tripping over tearing his dacks and spilling the magnets everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:14 pm 
John Nicholls

Wojee wrote:
Stone Free wrote:
Jez1966 wrote:

Ha ha...awesome.

It'd be awesome is someone made available a *cough* legal *cough* copy for those of us who have been shafted by Ch10 and aren't getting their fancy "new" channel.

Flowers

We live in hope!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Flowers at channel 10 not broadcasting this to regional areas.

I bet they'll crack the mega shits when it turns up on a friendly bittorrent tracker too.

Flowers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Those shorts Hurley was wearing wouldn't be out of place on Oxford St, Darlinghurst on a Saturday night. What was he thinking?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:29 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wallsy announced WIGGINS as Mark of the Week. :grin: :grin: