Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:45 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Couple of big names out of contract at the Saints and while they will sign Reiwoldt I thought it might be worth having a nibble at Nick Dal Santo.
Dont expect to get him and I know we have financial contraints but I'd enjoy seeing Dal Santos's price go up and the Saints having to sweat on it for a while...
I think Synbad may have mentioned we were in the market for a up market player next year after stocking up on youth and while Dal Santo is very young I think most of us would regard him as an established player who has some class. I still think our midfield needs another A grader and Dal santo would be a nice addition..its a nice dream anyway....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:54 am 
Adrian Gallagher

It's an interseting topic Elwood...I think that we've done pretty well out of our emerging midfield, plus the aquisition of Stevo might mean that Denis, Wayne etc., chase some KPP rather than a guy like Dal Santo(NDS). I expect that with the money they must have stashed away that Essendon* will be making a huge move on NDS. I'm tipping a bit of a poor year for the Bombers, but that will only enhance their position to renew their stocks with classy midfielders which they desperately need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

Dal Santo would look great streaming down the wing in blue. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

I hope there's a fierce bidding war for all uncontracted Saints that puts lots of pressure on their salary cap. It'd be nice for them to get a taste of their own medicine after waving their early picks in the PSD at clubs forcing them to trade the likes of Hamill or else lose them for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:46 pm 
Robert Walls

Amen to that Wojee. Given the tossers constantly crow about being a top side about time they became the hunted. :)

Last edited by Blue Bird on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:49 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Not exactly a ball winner NDS, we need to get a ball winner in the Ratten/Scott West mould. That's our problem at the moment.

Having said that, you wouldn't say to NDS for a reasonable price.

- Igor Stravinsky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Elwood Blues1 wrote:
Dont expect to get him and I know we have financial contraints but I'd enjoy seeing Dal Santos's price go up and the Saints having to sweat on it for a while...

Quite the contrary EB1.
Our player salaries have remained uneffected by the financial results of the club and Collo has vowed that this will continue into the future. Carlton has and will continue to pay 100% of the TPP amount available. Given this fact and also that a number of big player contracts (and final year payments) will be maturing this year, Carlton will have more space in its cap and greater buying power on the out of contract player market to have some serious effect on player movements.

We could throw a nice chunky spanner in the works down at poorabin come years end!!! Geez, wouldn't that be a shame... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:13 pm 
Ken Hunter

marciblue wrote:
We could throw a nice chunky spanner in the works down at poorabin come years end!!! Geez, wouldn't that be a shame... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:58 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yeeeeeesssssssssss.........

Koschitzke I'd take a dip at as well... especially if they overuse him in the ruck. He'll crack the sads and look to join a "proper" team... and there's only one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:03 pm 
Bob Chitty

The Tyrant wrote:
Yeeeeeesssssssssss.........

Koschitzke I'd take a dip at as well... especially if they overuse him in the ruck. He'll crack the sads and look to join a "proper" team... and there's only one of those.

I agree...Id love to see Kosi in the navy blue... :) :) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nick Del Santo, along with Luke Ball, sign a two year contract last year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:29 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

We all know the exodus will happen, and when it does I'll be the first to piss myself laughing at the saints.

The joy these bastards took in the Hamill / Goddard / wooden spoons at optus oval fiascos was more than I was prepared to take. They have a lot of shit slanging coming their way, and if they reckon anything they copped in the awful eighties was bad they ain't seen nothing yet.

You want to think you're part of the big 4 saints, then you'd better be prepared for a brand of warfare you never knew existed. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wooden spoon taunts I could cop from just about any other supporters, but those friggin spoon kings trying to lord it over us was possibly the most ironic thing I've come across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Wojee wrote:
Wooden spoon taunts I could cop from just about any other supporters, but those friggin spoon kings trying to lord it over us was possibly the most ironic thing I've come across.

Yep. They'll be having their next one long before we do. Mark my words, the exodus will happen, and when it does :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:04 pm 
Bruce Comben

Agree with CClem , if your going to headhunt, go for what you need . Lukey Ball or Lenny Hayes would fit the bill perfectly. Unfortunately we passed up our chance at Lenny, to go for a certain Mr Vance :?

Are we allowed to bring up having a crack at BG again or is that taboo? :shock:

Post subject: DelSanto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

Huge wraps on this guy from a lot of the experts.To me he seems a very polished classy player.But is he as good as they reckon.Not quite as good as they say for mine.Very good,but not the sort i would move heaven and earth to get.Would be keeping my gunpowder dry at this stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:13 pm 
John Nicholls

If, and that's a very big if, we were to have a dip at any of the quality St.Kilda players, I would like to see us have a dip at Matt Maguire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Deano Supremo wrote:
Wojee wrote:

Yep. They'll be having their next one long before we do. Mark my words, the exodus will happen, and when it does :lol:

Take a number guys and give these "Johnny Come Latelys -Garth P, Barks4eva and Krabb" our new website details. :twisted:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:16 pm 
John Nicholls

I won't have a bad word said about Barks, Krabb, St.Fid, Skeptic etc or any other SSers who frequented TBV.
All of them took me under their wing when I was getting belted on SS.
I have the utmost respect for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:22 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

phoenix johnson wrote:
I won't have a bad word said about Barks, Krabb, St.Fid, Skeptic etc or any other SSers who frequented TBV.
All of them took me under their wing when I was getting belted on SS.
I have the utmost respect for them.

To be honest, I don't mind 'em either, but if they think they're not gunna get a spray then well...