Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:19 am 
Ken Hands

I will be in the minority here and say that I could not care a less about Fev missing out. It is a team sport and Fev not getting to the milestone is nowhere near as painful as coming to the realisation that the gap between us and Hawhtorn is significant. I was devastated at our inability to make a contest in the middle.We got smashed and have formed the view that we tend to overrate our midfield at the moment. Maybe we need to use this trade period to beef ourselves up with big bodied inside mids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'm a HUGE fev supporter, but do not really care that he missed out on the 100, it was exciting purely from a theatre standpoint on the night. Butit mean nothing in the context of our next premiership.

Still holes to fill and players and coaches to improve or be replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:54 am 
Stephen Silvagni

It will take a decade plus, yeah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:46 am 
Bruce Comben

Cannot believe you blokes conundrum and the other bloke. How cn you not care that Fev didnt kick a hundred. I hate Hawthorn now and I hope Karma gets em back. Fev may seem like an idiot to some people but hes just a big kid and any person with some heart can see Fev is the type of person that only wishes the best for other people.Guerra seriously mate you will not be remembered in the pages of history but only for that fake hair. Roughhead in the backline after hes kicked five goals?? Unforgivable...... One more goal to Fev would have changed nothing for Hawthorn, but the most disapointing part is listening to so called Carlton supporters who say they dont care that Fev didnt kick a 100. Clearly not only do you appear to be the most cycnial of humans but those who must have a permanent distate in there mouths, the type of blokes who would tread on a rose just to see it squashed or look the other way when someone needs help. The type of person who would not get up when an old lady may need a seat. YOU SHOULD NOT POST ON THIS SITE OR CALL YOUR SELF A CARLTON SUPPORTER. FEV IS CFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:54 am 
Adrian Gallagher

clarko should've put fev one on one with his best defender and shown some faith in his defence... it just shows how high they rate fev's ability... and how much they are a bunch of flowering dogs!

out in straight sets for me, dont care who beats them or how, dont wanna c that bunch of bogans win a flag anytime soon

p.s i've always hated dawks but tonight just summed it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 am 
Ken Hands

BlueDiesel wrote:
Cannot believe you blokes conundrum and the other bloke. How cn you not care that Fev didnt kick a hundred. I hate Hawthorn now and I hope Karma gets em back. Fev may seem like an idiot to some people but hes just a big kid and any person with some heart can see Fev is the type of person that only wishes the best for other people.Guerra seriously mate you will not be remembered in the pages of history but only for that fake hair. Roughhead in the backline after hes kicked five goals?? Unforgivable...... One more goal to Fev would have changed nothing for Hawthorn, but the most disapointing part is listening to so called Carlton supporters who say they dont care that Fev didnt kick a 100. Clearly not only do you appear to be the most cycnial of humans but those who must have a permanent distate in there mouths, the type of blokes who would tread on a rose just to see it squashed or look the other way when someone needs help. The type of person who would not get up when an old lady may need a seat. YOU SHOULD NOT POST ON THIS SITE OR CALL YOUR SELF A CARLTON SUPPORTER. FEV IS CFC

Although tempted, I must remain firm with my conviction not to argue . :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:58 am 
Bruce Comben

TYPICAL............[edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:14 am 
Ken Hands

It was a decision by Clarkson and his brown and yellow cohorts that may very well come back to bite them on the bum in the coming years.

It showed they didn't have any respect for the romance of the game.
If they were only 20 points up with 10 minutes to play I can understand having 4 players on Fevola, but they had the game iced.

I think they will regret this decision in the coming years. Fevola and the Blues will make them pay. Clarkson may try and back peddle next week in interviews, by saying something PC, but the damage has been done. You can't unwrite what has been written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:50 am 
Bruce Doull

Jarusa wrote:
I'm a HUGE fev supporter, but do not really care that he missed out on the 100, it was exciting purely from a theatre standpoint on the night. Butit mean nothing in the context of our next premiership.

Agree.

I would have preferred the whole team play harder to actually try and win rather than just try to get Fev the ton.

Would have been fantastic if he had have cracked it, but look at the score....we got thumped because we took our eyes off the main aim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:46 am 
Hawthorn Supporter

So am I meant to hate St Kilda because they put Barry Lawrence on the mark when Peter Hudson was lining up for goal number 151?

And no mention whatsoever about the fact that two Blues defenders left their men every time the ball came high into the Hawthorn forward line, with the distinct aim of stopping Franklin from getting it.

The Blues gameplan was predictable - go to Fev at every opportunity. Whether the direction came from Clarkson or not, it was obvious to every Hawthorn player that in order to stop the opposition scoring - which is ultimately what a defender is meant to do - just crowd Fev's space. Why man up on a Brad Fisher or a Cameron Cloke when the ball was clearly never going to be aimed at them?

Fevola had his opportunities. Two gettable behinds, a shank that didn't make the distance, one out on the full. Had he chased and harrassed and put in the hard work of the last quarter in the first three quarters, you blokes probably wouldn't be complaining about something so trivial.

Hawthorn is about to play off in a finals series. The next (potentially) four weeks will be all about ruthless, win-at-all-costs football. That's the way Geelong play. That's the way a Premiership side plays. Why would they bow to the "romance of the game" when they have to maintain a psyche that begins with the Bulldogs next week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:20 am 
Herald Sun columnist

So your keen on a bit of white line fever from your boys hey Laza.

Might be an idea to wait for after the season.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Hating a team because they put someone on the mark. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 am 
Ken Hands

BlueDiesel wrote:
TYPICAL............[edit].

Inappropriate use of the caps lock key..... what I expected :wink:

Cheers
So called Carlton supporter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

verbs wrote:
Hating a team because they put someone on the mark. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hold on there, verbs.... Lawrence actually yelled out at Hudson "hey!.... you!.... " which arguably put him off his rhythm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Wallsy reckons Stevens will go for about 3 weeks when the Match Review Committe look at the tape.

Did anyone see anything :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

chubbyruss wrote:
Wallsy reckons Stevens will go for about 3 weeks when the Match Review Committe look at the tape.

I think it was an upper-cute type of hit to Ellis. Ellis left bleeding.

By the way, Fev missing out on 100 is not such a bad thing. Gives him some extra fuel for next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

chubbyruss wrote:

Yes I saw it, it was a jumper Punch, nothing more to it. The only thing that can rub him out is that His opponent left the Ground Bleeding as a result of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:42 pm 
Serge Silvagni

I dont love nor hate Fev, but IMO i dont think its a bad thing that Fev kicked 99 goals.

How many of you out there remember all the players who have kicked a hundred goals?.

Fev will be remembered by all supporters as the only player ever to have been stuck on 99 goals in a season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 am 
Harry Vallence

I don't understand it.... 5 mins to go and Clarkson puts the mega flood on Fev. Completely unnecessary, and the guy has obviously no sense of theatre, sportsmanship or history. As others have said, I didn't expect him to hand it to Fev but seriously his coaching at that point was just plain shit. The likelihood of having a game where not one but two players having the opportunity to kick 100 goals in the same game of one season will likely NEVER happen again.

It s not like the extra goal would have cost Hawks anything, as the game was all over at half time.

I give credit to Fev at the end of the game giving Buddy congratulations, and also for the way he held himself in the after game interview. He showed that he is a good sport, and was very professional in his attitude on missing the 100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:46 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Carlton’s Nick Stevens has also been offered a one-match sanction with an early plea for striking Rick Ladson.

Stevens risks a two-match ban if he unsuccessfully challenges the ruling.

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next