Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: The Kreuzer Missile....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

"A cruise missile is a guided missile that carries an explosive payload and uses a lifting wing and a propulsion system, usually a jet engine, to allow sustained flight; it is essentially a flying bomb. Cruise missiles are generally designed to carry a large conventional or nuclear warhead many hundreds of miles with high accuracy."

10 goals straight without a single miss so far in his career.

He has never actually looked like missing one to this point. The kid is special and obviously has a great head on his shoulders....

Could this be a record?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:33 pm 
www.blueseum.org

I consider that a challenge,

From the Blueseum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:37 pm 
Rod Ashman

love the way he holds the ball up in line with the goals before he kicks 8)

keep them coming kreuze

Post subject: Cruise Missile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:59 pm 
Craig Bradley

The helicopter kick in the third yesterday even went through - sticks having some influence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:03 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Who else is glad we lost to Melbourne last year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm 
John James

budzy wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Looking back Budzy I would say that loss was the "spawning" of the joy I am feeling today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

I was one pushing for Cotchin as I believe midfielders win games and he has the skills we need. BUT Kruezer has been sensational, doing what he does for a 200cm 18 yo if phenominal.

Imagine him in 3-4 years?

Post subject: Re: Cruise Missile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:14 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

frank dardew wrote:
The helicopter kick in the third yesterday even went through - sticks having some influence

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love the way at a ball up after a goal - he palms out and all of a sudden he is at centre half forward taking the possession of the mid-fielder he has palmed the ball out to :shock: - as a ruckman he has no right being there. :shock:

Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy.

After their careers are over this follower line up will rival the "old firm" - that was read out for 10 years on League Teams every Thursday Night:

Nicholls, Silvagni and Gallagher.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Yup...........

and what about at the centre bounces............?

never seena meana keena Kreuzer...............!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 pm 
Horrie Clover

budzy wrote:

And Melbourne must be especially pleased, as not only did they lose the second-round priority pick last year, but they have lost the FIRST-round priority pick for this year.

But I'm sure they're glad to have won such a meaningful game last year.

Post subject: Re: Cruise Missile
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

AGRO wrote:
frank dardew wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just love the way at a ball up after a goal - he palms out and all of a sudden he is at centre half forward taking the possession of the mid-fielder he has palmed the ball out to :shock: - as a ruckman he has no right being there. :shock:

Kreuzer, Gibbs and Murphy.

After their careers are over this follower line up will rival the "old firm" - that was read out for 10 years on League Teams every Thursday Night:

Nicholls, Silvagni and Gallagher.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

you make me laugh at all the old memories Agro....league teams...the 3 monkeys...great viewing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm 
Horrie Clover

if only the US military missiles were as accurate as our Kruiser .... they would be singing the star spangled banner across the whole middle east!!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:52 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

cj69 wrote:
I was one pushing for Cotchin as I believe midfielders win games and he has the skills we need. BUT Kruezer has been sensational, doing what he does for a 200cm 18 yo if phenominal.

OK. I remember that CJ, but what do you think now?

Cotchin impresses me more this year amongst men than last year; sensational. But we already have a midfield. I guess Cotchin would be longer term proposition playing alongside kids like Murphy, Gibbs, Walker for another decade...but who would you drop for Cotchin? Conundrum....don't go there...you get the point..midfield at the Blues in 2008 is a strength not a weakness.

My gut feeling (and argument) was that they are completely different players for completely different roles, but both elite. We needed ruckmen, CHF and CHB more than additional midfielders, and Kreuzer helps start bridge the gap.

He'll be another ruckman, ruck rover like Cox who can play KP forward; a very rare commodity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Doull wrote:
budzy wrote:

And Melbourne must be especially pleased, as not only did they lose the second-round priority pick last year, but they have lost the FIRST-round priority pick for this year.

But I'm sure they're glad to have won such a meaningful game last year.

It's such a ridiculous situation...I'm glad Carlton benefited from this stupid situation.

I can't believe The Demons' thinking.

We tanked for our future!...or rather...we tanked for our Kreuzer!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:17 pm 
Geoff Southby

Their coach at the time scored a job at Carlton pretty much immediately after.

Not that I'm suggesting there was any connection between the two events...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 pm 
Rod Ashman

bondiblue wrote:
cj69 wrote:

Cotchin impresses me more this year amongst men than last year; sensational. But we already have a midfield. I guess Cotchin would be longer term proposition playing alongside kids like Murphy, Gibbs, Walker for another decade...but who would you drop for Cotchin? Conundrum....don't go there...you get the point..midfield at the Blues in 2008 is a strength not a weakness.

My gut feeling (and argument) was that they are completely different players for completely different roles, but both elite. We needed ruckmen, CHF and CHB more than additional midfielders, and Kreuzer helps start bridge the gap.

He'll be another ruckman, ruck rover like Cox who can play KP forward; a very rare commodity.

The only reason I pushed for Cotchin was his skill level and poise was something I thought we desperatley needed, ala Gibbs. However we are really just being picky. For me Cotchin will be an elite player in the same sphere as Judd.

Very happy with Kruezer, the only thing I would say is we will have to wait a little longer for Kruezer to produce his best. Cotchin will come on quicker.

Kruezer will be the best big man in the game in 3-4 years. One point will be how the game will be played then? The things he does off the ball are amazing for an 18 yo ruckman.

It will be good to watch! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:01 pm 
John James

cj69 wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
cj69 wrote:

The only reason I pushed for Cotchin was his skill level and poise was something I thought we desperatley needed, ala Gibbs. However we are really just being picky. For me Cotchin will be an elite player in the same sphere as Judd.

Very happy with Kruezer, the only thing I would say is we will have to wait a little longer for Kruezer to produce his best. Cotchin will come on quicker.

Kruezer will be the best big man in the game in 3-4 years. One point will be how the game will be played then? The things he does off the ball are amazing for an 18 yo ruckman.

It will be good to watch! :-D

Interesting point you make about the "face" of the game so to speak CJ in years to come & whether or not Kreuze & guys his size will play a role in that.

I wondered the same thing about him, as I think smaller, agile, quicker players & more of em will become more prevalent in a side of 22.

But surely the Ruckman will always be around in this game. At least one of em?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

I dont think that hip problem will flare up at all - he will be a very reliable player over many years at Carlton - well over 200 games..