Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:19 pm 
Rod Ashman

Do not know if it was the Pies or the Beer from the 'G' yesterday but it caused me to look into the future:

Newspaper Report Sunday 26th September 2010.

'Blue Massacre'

Carlton yesterday rewrote the record books and erased the memory of the harsh AFL penalties incurred on this proud club in the early 2000's.

Going in as heavy favourites against arch rivals C'wood the Blues dominated from the start. With attack on the ball rarely seen the Blues kicked 8.2 to .01 rushed behind in a blistering opening term.

Captain and reigning Brownlow Medallist Chris Judd was instrumental with 12 opening qtr possessions including 5 clearances and setting up Brendan Fevola for 3 goals. Jarrad Waite was also a beneficiary with 2 opening qtr goals. Matthew Kruezer provided great impetence with 10 hit out of which 9 resulted in Carlton clearances.

C'woods only score for the qtr was a rushed behind by All Australian FB Setanta O'Hailpin which was conceded 28 minutes into the qtr.

By half time the Blues had an incredible 103 point lead kicking 16.14 - 110 to C'wood 1.1 - 7. The Pies only goal coming from a dubious free kick and fifty metre penalty given by umpire Ray Chamberlain for Carlton midfielder Dennis Armfield laughing at Dale Thomas.

Incredibly the Blues came out more focussed in the second half kicking another 21 goals to C'woods 1.3. to amass a Grand Final (and League) record 37.29 - 251 to C'wood 2.4 - 16 in front of a crowd of 112 000.

Carlton Coach Brett Ratten stated after the game that this is the beginning of a new successful era at the Blues and that their goal was to beat the C'wood record of four straight GF wins and who could argue.

Carlton having won 24 of 25 games this season (there only loss being a one point loss in Rd 18 against West Coast at Subiaco when 18 players were rested).

Assistant Coach Nick Stevens who retired at the seasons begining because of injury praised his midfielders for their work ethic and ability to put their bodies on the line for one another.

President Richard Pratt vowed to stay on for another 2 years and announced to the Carlton membership of 75 000 that the Blues were well on the way to becoming the most well known sporting club in the world.

Chief Executive Gregg Swann announced a record profit of $22.4 million as well as a new stadium deal with the MCG where the Blues will play a minimum 8 home games at the 'G' with games against other interstate clubs to be at the new revamped Pratt Elite Football Centre (Princess Park) which now seats 40 000. They will not play at the Telstra Dome more than 3 times next year. He also predicted a huge week ahead with the Northern Bullants winning the premiership in the VFL by 88 points over C'wood.

The future certainly looks bright with Carlton expected to have 3 of the first 10 picks in next months AFL Draft after trading reserve players Jake Edwards, Lachlan Hill & David Ellard to Fremantle, the Gold Coast & West Sydney.

Retiring AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou was strangely unavailable for comment after leaving the ground at halftime.

President Eddie McGuire and Coach Mick Malthouse announced their retirements last night.

Best: Murphy (Norm Smith Medal) Judd, Gibbs, Kruezer, Hampson, Austin, O'Hailpin, Fevola, Waite, Armfield & the rest.

C'wood: Brown, Lockyer

Goals:

Carlton: Fevola 9, Waite 7, Kennedy 5, Kruezer 3, Judd, Murphy, Betts, Gibbs, Walker 2, Armfield, Browne, Simpson.

Collingwood: Thomas, Pendlebury.

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:27 pm 
Rod Ashman

Lockyer must have played well.

Did you have to wash your sheets when you woke up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm 
Geoff Southby

Yes yes. Funny stuff :P

Specially this bit..

Quote:
The Pies only goal coming from a dubious free kick and fifty metre penalty given by umpire Ray Chamberlain for Carlton midfielder Dennis Armfield laughing at Dale Thomas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:19 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hehehe...that's not bad...kudos. Great read! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I wonder what we trade to Hawthorn for Kennedy...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:06 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Pretty detailed dream.
How many touches did Russell finish with in that game? How many effective possessions?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:28 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

That was a fun read.

I think we will do better though....... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:39 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

LOL...Great read cj.....I haven't laughed like that for a long time.

I nominate this for POW.

One day, very very soon.....we will ride again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I have a similar dream, but it ends with Gibbs and Pfeiffer floating into my bedroom nude