Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14176
Location: Bondi Beach
supercoach wrote:
what happened to jimmae team board? i click on it and goes to a different site now. i need to do my team



There was another version we use to use, and he did too, before jimmae made it his own.

ou're gonna have to invest in a magnet board and take photos of it supercoach.

I want to see your team

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:31 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14176
Location: Bondi Beach
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.


Jesus, here comes Pancho Nostradamus again

How about this!

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.


Jesus, here comes Pancho Nostradamus again

How about this!


I can't claim to have sight.
It was written on the Mayan calendar.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14176
Location: Bondi Beach
Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.


Jesus, here comes Pancho Nostradamus again

How about this!


I can't claim to have sight.
It was written on the Mayan calendar.


You really have become a Mexican .. and that's probably a good thing.

Was good to see Harry in one on one contests.
Proves to us all what he's capable of, incase forgotten

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21956
FB: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Docherty Weitering Williamson
C: Marchbank Cripps SPS
HF: Martin C.Curnow Cunningham
FF: Silvagni McKay Fisher
Foll: De Koning Walsh Setterfield
Int: Kemp O'Brien Kennedy Gibbons
Emg: E. Curnow Dow Polson McGovern/Pittonet

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 pm 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
bondiblue wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:
I wish I could find the post where I suggested TDK would play games this year when Kreuzer went down with a season-ending injury.
His ankle may not be season ending but for a big strong man, he is not durable.
He has played 188 games all up. Cotchin, who went #2 in the same draft has played 234. Kreuzer has missed more than two full seasons against Cotchin, who has not played 234 games without missing a few.

He looks like missing weeks already. TDK, you're on.


Jesus, here comes Pancho Nostradamus again

How about this!


I can't claim to have sight.
It was written on the Mayan calendar.


You really have become a Mexican .. and that's probably a good thing.

Was good to see Harry in one on one contests.
Proves to us all what he's capable of, incase forgotten

If and it's a big IF they isolate him against a Lions outfit without Harris Andrews and if they use their mids to run and carry so the F50 entries are deep to the hot spot and if we don't let Zorko get 45 possessions like we did a couple of years ago, we will give these buggers a fright.
There is nothing on this game except trying to salvage a bit of pride after last week's debacle and sending Simmo off. Give us 4 quarters and play daring footy. Remember the Dogs and Cats. Make them chase us instead of the other way around.

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1092
dane wrote:
FB: Plowman Jones Newman
HB: Docherty Weitering Williamson
C: Marchbank Cripps SPS
HF: Martin C.Curnow Cunningham
FF: Silvagni McKay Fisher
Foll: De Koning Walsh Setterfield
Int: Kemp O'Brien Kennedy Gibbons
Emg: E. Curnow Dow Polson McGovern/Pittonet



Yes I like the side very much. The only change would be Dow in for Obrien and then based on who we playing Levi and Kennedy to fight out the last spot. Given I haven't seen Kemp play at all difficult to assess but in the short term he and Murphy can wax.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:14 pm 
Offline
Bruce Comben
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 pm
Posts: 8
let's get a little weird, probably been sharing my avatars supply

FB: Docherty Weitering McGovern
HB: Newman Jones Marchbank
C: Walsh Cripps Williamson
HF: Martin Casboult C.Curnow
FF: Betts McKay Silvagni
Foll: De Koning Setterfield Z.Williams
Int: Fisher SPS Kemp Gibbons
Emg: E.Curnow Dow ? ? ? ? ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 pm 
Offline
Ken Hunter

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am
Posts: 14176
Location: Bondi Beach
drc wrote:
let's get a little weird, probably been sharing my avatars supply

FB: Docherty Weitering McGovern
HB: Newman Jones Marchbank
C: Walsh Cripps Williamson
HF: Martin Casboult C.Curnow
FF: Betts McKay Silvagni
Foll: De Koning Setterfield Z.Williams
Int: Fisher SPS Kemp Gibbons
Emg: E.Curnow Dow ? ? ? ? ?


Its not that weird. A clean start.

Good team when there's no injuries.

You've retired the oldies Simpson Kreuzer Murphy and Curnow except 34yo Betts.
Oldest is Levi at 31 followed by Jones 30 next year.

Would like to see your team when McGovern deserves a spot.
In his place I'll put Marchbank as the interceptor and Saad at HB.

Williamson impressed at his draft with his running.
You'd think high picks, OBrien and Dow would be ahead of him but they are still developing too.

Newnes missing too. Hard working depth player. Can kick a goal.

Won't really need the oldies next year.
May still need Curnow though. Tough little bugger. Can do a job.

_________________
I'm on board The Teague Train and I want to see the next station.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:27 am 
Offline
Stephen Kernahan
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am
Posts: 19501
Location: Progreso, Yucatan, MEXICO
drc wrote:
let's get a little weird, probably been sharing my avatars supply

FB: Docherty Weitering McGovern
HB: Newman Jones Marchbank
C: Walsh Cripps Williamson
HF: Martin Casboult C.Curnow
FF: Betts McKay Silvagni
Foll: De Koning Setterfield Z.Williams
Int: Fisher SPS Kemp Gibbons
Emg: E.Curnow Dow ? ? ? ? ?

I like how you have Newman on the side where he will turn inside and use the corridor.
You mucked it up with Williamson though.

:smoking:

_________________
Let slip the Blues of war (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (and Sir Francis Bacon, just in case)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline
Adrian Gallagher

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:36 am
Posts: 98
bondiblue wrote:
supercoach wrote:
what happened to jimmae team board? i click on it and goes to a different site now. i need to do my team



There was another version we use to use, and he did too, before jimmae made it his own.

ou're gonna have to invest in a magnet board and take photos of it supercoach.

I want to see your team


I really wanted to do my outs for next year.

I’d like to see them mix it up but it’s hard with injuries down back and they want to win for Simmo. SPS needs to play mid forward. We need him kicking to our forwards. Drop gov play Cripps forward swapping with Kennedy in the middle. I’d like to see Willo on the wing, with time to steady and really use that left foot. I don’t like to write to much.

_________________
i am what i am. somebody has to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 am 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Posts: 422
FB: Docherty Weitering Saad
HB: Newman Jones Marchbank
C: Walsh Cripps Williamson
HF: Martin C.Curnow Z.Williams
FF: Fisher McKay Silvagni
Foll: De Koning Setterfield Oliver
Int: Betts SPS Kemp Gibbons
Emg: E.Curnow Dow Piitonet Stocker Cunningham Murphy Casboult McGovern O'Brien Plowman


you throw in Saad, Williams - rotating through the midfield .. (and the unlikely) Oliver .. and gee that really starts to look a side, the balance is right with talls and smalls as well, and with the exception of jones, all well under 30 .. thats a finals side.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:35 am 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21956
I'm pretty close to yours SS2.

Its so good looking can't go wrong.

FB: Docherty Jones Plowman
HB: Saad Weitering Williamson
C: Williams Cripps Marchbank
HF: Martin Curnow Cunningham
FF: Kennedy McKay Fisher
Foll: TDK Walsh Setterfield
Int: SPS Kemp LOB Newnes

Delist: Murphy

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:47 am 
Offline
Ken Hands

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm
Posts: 422
There are legit afl quality players now missing out .. no more free games anymore regardless of who they are ..

Now we just need a psychologist to work on the mindset and get rid of the 5 goal .. 1/4 quarter lapses .. then we are going somewhere


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm 
Offline
Harry Vallence
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:05 pm
Posts: 1092
dane wrote:
I'm pretty close to yours SS2.

Its so good looking can't go wrong.

FB: Docherty Jones Plowman
HB: Saad Weitering Williamson
C: Williams Cripps Marchbank
HF: Martin Curnow Cunningham
FF: Kennedy McKay Fisher
Foll: TDK Walsh Setterfield
Int: SPS Kemp LOB Newnes

Delist: Murphy


I am not happy with LOB listed. I would have Murphy however as you appear to be anti-Murph I would suggest JSOS.
The only other change would be Levi instead of Kennedy. TDK can't ruck all day and Levi is the best mark we have and is better ruck than McKay.
I would also question the wisdom of Kennedy, Cripps and Kemp all in the one side. Without having seen Kemp play, I assume they are all similar players and therefore play the same role. Levi and JSOS provide for a better balanced side IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:47 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21956
carntheblues wrote:
I would have Murphy however as you appear to be anti-Murph I would suggest JSOS.


:grin:

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:51 pm 
Offline
Alex Jesaulenko
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 21956
carntheblues wrote:
The only other change would be Levi instead of Kennedy. TDK can't ruck all day and Levi is the best mark we have and is better ruck than McKay.
I would also question the wisdom of Kennedy, Cripps and Kemp all in the one side. Without having seen Kemp play, I assume they are all similar players and therefore play the same role. Levi and JSOS provide for a better balanced side IMO.


To me JSOS and Kennedy is like for like.

I can see the value in Levi.

FB: Docherty Jones Plowman
HB: Saad Weitering Williamson
C: Williams Cripps Marchbank
HF: Martin Curnow Cunningham
FF: Casboult McKay Fisher
Foll: TDK Walsh Setterfield
Int: SPS Kemp Silvagni Newnes

_________________
dane's trolling again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:32 pm 
Offline
Rod Ashman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2291
Ed Curnow will be best 22 in 2021. He’ll be top 3 in the B&F in 2020.

_________________
@cecil_anderson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:53 am 
Offline
Harry Vallence

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm
Posts: 1589
I prefer to do a <28 22, for it is all about the future for me.

B Plowman, Weitering, Docherty
HB Saad, Marchbank, Newman
C Petrevski-Seton, Cripps, Williams
FOLL DeKoning, Walsh, Setterfield
HF Cuningham, Curnow, Martin
F Fisher, McKay, McGovern
INT Silvagni, Gibbons, Williamson, Kennedy

EMERG : Pittonet, Kemp, Dow, LOB, Philp.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:42 am 
Offline
Robert Walls

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:18 pm
Posts: 3877
Location: Singapore
dane wrote:
carntheblues wrote:
The only other change would be Levi instead of Kennedy. TDK can't ruck all day and Levi is the best mark we have and is better ruck than McKay.
I would also question the wisdom of Kennedy, Cripps and Kemp all in the one side. Without having seen Kemp play, I assume they are all similar players and therefore play the same role. Levi and JSOS provide for a better balanced side IMO.


To me JSOS and Kennedy is like for like.

I can see the value in Levi.

FB: Docherty Jones Plowman
HB: Saad Weitering Williamson
C: Williams Cripps Marchbank
HF: Martin Curnow Cunningham
FF: Casboult McKay Fisher
Foll: TDK Walsh Setterfield
Int: SPS Kemp Silvagni Newnes


Looks good but I’d swap Kemp and Newness for Ed Curnow and Murphy. I think Kemp will be in and out but will need most of the season in the VFL....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group