Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 172  Next
 Post subject: Re: Our best 22?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

Stefchook wrote:
Good idea, except Kreuzer doesn't really take marks.

Yep, you would've thought by now a coach could pull him aside and explain that when going for a mark it is important to KEEP YOUR FU##EN HEAD UP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:04 am 
Harry Vallence

There should be a changing of the guard this year- Thomas White Kerridge Rowe and a few others should not be given games ahead of youngsters, we know what they deliver and it's mostly below par. This is supposed to be a rebuild so it's time our match committee grew some balls stopped being so damn conservative and play the first and second year players.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:27 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

smithy wrote:
There should be a changing of the guard this year- Thomas White Kerridge Rowe and a few others should not be given games ahead of youngsters, we know what they deliver and it's mostly below par. This is supposed to be a rebuild so it's time our match committee grew some balls stopped being so damn conservative and play the first and second year players.

Kerridge is still young and we haven't got anybody else to do his job.
Rowe had a great year last year and still has plenty of footy in front of him.
White is a footsoldier and versatile if not spectacular. I don't know who the 'few others' are. You might like to elaborate.

There seems to be some sort of sense that the young kids don't have to earn their spots in this team so we'll just kick out a few of the established players and give them an easy run. I'm sure SOS senior agrees with that after struggling to get his first game and then being dropped for a GF. Not.

Every year everybody starts with a clean slate. New kids against older players competing for the same spot on the paddock. Until the new kids actually forces the older player into the seconds, we make no progress. Look at Hawthorn and the number of good players are in the reserves waiting for a chance. It's about culture and patience, not instant fixes and easy games.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:50 pm 
Rod Ashman

smithy wrote:

Grew some balls?

Which of the first/second players should have got a game last year that didnt?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Blue Sombrero wrote:
smithy wrote:

Rowe had a great year last year and still has plenty of footy in front of him.
White is a footsoldier and versatile if not spectacular. I don't know who the 'few others' are. You might like to elaborate.

There seems to be some sort of sense that the young kids don't have to earn their spots in this team so we'll just kick out a few of the established players and give them an easy run. I'm sure SOS senior agrees with that after struggling to get his first game and then being dropped for a GF. Not.

Every year everybody starts with a clean slate. New kids against older players competing for the same spot on the paddock. Until the new kids actually forces the older player into the seconds, we make no progress. Look at Hawthorn and the number of good players are in the reserves waiting for a chance. It's about culture and patience, not instant fixes and easy games.

Any one SPS/Fisher/Polson would already offer more than Thomas and Kerridge, if Rowe's year by your standards was "Great" then we're done here.
There should be a warning before one says" look at Hawthorn" lol, means nothing....if we are just going to try to copy Hawthorn we will fail.
I don't think you understand what a rebuild is or where we are at, how do you think Hawthorn got to where they were, or the Bulldogs?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

london blue wrote:
smithy wrote:

Grew some balls?

Gonna pin me down to first and second year players GFY, Took far too long to get young SOS in the team, should have been in 3 weeks before he was, DVR showed enough to at least get one game, there was plenty of guys that could have made way. Instead they bought in Tutt. Are you denying our match committee is conservative? lol :donk:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:12 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

smithy wrote:
london blue wrote:
smithy wrote:

Grew some balls?

Gonna pin me down to first and second year players GFY, Took far too long to get young SOS in the team, should have been in 3 weeks before he was, DVR showed enough to at least get one game, there was plenty of guys that could have made way. Instead they bought in Tutt. Are you denying our match committee is conservative? lol :donk:

Read above. You said first and second year players so no pinning down to get all fired up about.

We played petty much all first year players bar McKay.

As for second year players...Viojo-Rainbow never did enough.

Who else should've got a game?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

verbs wrote:
smithy wrote:
london blue wrote:
smithy wrote:

Grew some balls?

Read above. You said first and second year players so no pinning down to get all fired up about.

Why do we have to make it about last year? Go back through the last ten years. How has our development of young players been? Pretty clear in the original post I was talking about giving the young players more opportunities than we have in the past, and not just the past 12 months.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 pm 
Rod McGregor

Play as many 2nd and 3rd year players as possible

Simpson - Weitering - Plowman
Byrne - Marchbank - Docherty
E Curnow - Cripps - SPS
Cunningham - McKay - C Curnow
SOS - Casboult - Pickett
Kreuzer - Murphy - Gibbs

IC Palmer - Wright - Rowe - Kerridge

Emg Phillips, Smedts (could replace Palmer no idea who is better), Daisy, Buckley, White, Army, Boekhurst, Lamb, Sumner
At least developing some depth and only 1st year player on that list is SPS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 am 
Bob Chitty

[quote
[/quote]

What job is that - fumble and then turn it over? I'd like to see us try and do without that role for a change. If you are talking about the bigger bodied mid role the Curnow brothers have it covered. Kerridge's only role I see going forward might be as a forward flanker, he had some success there at Adelaide and seems more capable disposal-wise when he doesn't have to weight his kicks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:41 am 
Rod Ashman

smithy wrote:
verbs wrote:
smithy wrote:
london blue wrote:
smithy wrote:

Grew some balls?

Why do we have to make it about last year? Go back through the last ten years. How has our development of young players been? Pretty clear in the original post I was talking about giving the young players more opportunities than we have in the past, and not just the past 12 months.

Smithy you said it was about time the MC grew some balls......last year we got we asked for.....

Forget what happened the years before that......you're mixing things up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:59 am 
Stephen Silvagni

ianh wrote:
Quote:

What job is that - fumble and then turn it over? I'd like to see us try and do without that role for a change. If you are talking about the bigger bodied mid role the Curnow brothers have it covered. Kerridge's only role I see going forward might be as a forward flanker, he had some success there at Adelaide and seems more capable disposal-wise when he doesn't have to weight his kicks.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Rexy wrote:
ianh wrote:
Quote:

+1

Played every game last year.
Tell Bolton Kerridge can't play footy.
Charlie Curnow won't play midfield next year despite you two experts predicting it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Charlie Curnow won't play midfield next year despite you two experts predicting it.

Why not?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Soon...

B. Plowman Marchbank Weitering
HB. Docherty Macreadie Byrne
C. Polson Fisher Pickett
HF. CCurnow McKay Cuningham
F. LeBois Silvagni Sumner

R. Phillips Cripps SPS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:32 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Blue Vain wrote:
Blue Sombrero wrote:

Why not?

We need a forward more than we need a midfielder. Palmer can do the grunt work by getting his hands dirty. Hope I'm wrong and avoiding confirmation bias, but I don't see Curnow being a natural ballwinner and mid like Cripps, Macrae and Bont. Plays taller than Stringer who is fast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Palmer is not much of a contested ball/clearance winner himself.

Curnow played midfield at times during his TAC Cup days however was limited by a dislocated knee cap.

Curnow has the elite endurance needed to play midfield (14.5 beep).

Play him up forward too; he can rotate with Cripps.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2015- ... -curnow-hl

1:14
1:30, 1:49 as the kickout option

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Why do we have to make it about last year? Go back through the last ten years. How has our development of young players been? Pretty clear in the original post I was talking about giving the young players more opportunities than we have in the past, and not just the past 12 months.[/quote]

Smithy you said it was about time the MC grew some balls......last year we got we asked for.....

Forget what happened the years before that......you're mixing things up[/quote]

I was in the middle of a good rant :grin: , still think they are too conservative. We will be in a far better place in 3 years time by playing Fisher Polson etc over those guys mentioned earlier, you have to give them games early. Didn't mention SPS because he will be played early.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:04 am 
Ken Hunter

I think Charlie will play off the half forward line with stints through the middle next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:15 am 
formerly Yazzamatazz

All I know is, barring injury, he should play all games in the firsts. Probably floating around half forward and a wing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3423 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 172  Next