Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 pm 
formerly p(12)terg

Sydney Blue wrote:
My Misses still doesn't understand as to why I have to listen / watch every minute of every game we play - She just doesn't get it
PM me, SB - MrsG doesn't get it either: she needs something to do on game-day!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:32 pm 
Harry Vallence

While mine doest either..but she lives with it:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:40 am 
Bob Chitty

This site keeps me going especially when the weather is rubbish!! My last 2 sunday mornings have been sensational listening to the blues winning!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Pickles and Bunks. Two more already.
Thanks to all for the positive feedback. My wife (Mexican) knows why I have to sit up all night and listen. When we were in Tassie she was a member and loved to watch the games on TV. She's seen two live ones, (both losses), including the last ever game at PP, when we went with Blue Beatle and took his photo in sepia in his 'old' seat eating a jam donut.
She loves the action of Aussie Rules and knows Fev and Kouta and called Lance "Archie" as in Archie and Jughead. I almost had her convinced that Jezza was a good name for our baby if he were a boy.
No matter where we are she is happy for me to go into the study or the TV room to listen.
She is a bit bewildered as to why I have TC on as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:44 pm 
John Nicholls

My wife and I lived in Tassie for 24 years and despite the fact that she grew up in the States she loves footy (sadly barracks for the Scum!) but hates cricket with a passion. She also understands the need to have TC and live steaming audio at the same time (provided I have headphones on of course!).

Bring on Saturday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Great thread BS,

I get a real buzz when I see so many overseas and interstate Carlton supporters logged on to a Carlton forum. Yeah, they're tragics, but so am I. Doesn't water find its own level?

I too live far away from Princes Park, but it feels as though I still have a connection with civilization here at TC.

Cheers to all you tragics.

You aren't bad...you're just different, and have great taste in footy teams. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:10 pm 
John Nicholls

bondiblue wrote:
Great thread BS,

I get a real buzz when I see so many overseas and interstate Carlton supporters logged on to a Carlton forum. Yeah, they're tragics, but so am I. Doesn't water find its own level?

I too live far away from Princes Park, but it feels as though I still have a connection with civilization here at TC.

Cheers to all you tragics.

You aren't bad...you're just different, and have great taste in footy teams. :wink:

Who said we were bad? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:30 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Taff wrote

Quote:
Who said we were bad?

Michael Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:46 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

I'll join the club!

I'm just always waiting on the moment that I'm able to actually watch the match... so I don't want to know anything in advance...

Probably will look a bit weird to an outsider. Me and my girlfriend sitting on the couch. She's watching some female TV-programs, while I'm cheering and swearing at my laptop beside her.

It's pretty difficult to get people to understand that I don't even care about the Dutch soccer competition anymore after Carlton's season started... and the last couple of weeks especially have been FANTASTIC!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Top thread guys.

It was a great thing when I visited Beijing a little over a year ago to be able to meet a couple of TC'ers and talk about the mighty Blues for a few hours.

Was a pleasure to meet Taff and China Blues in an 'English' pub in Beijing, watching cricket and talking footy.

It is great to see that passionate blues are everywhere around the globe and much the same way as being an Aussie overseas you are never alone, being a Blues supporter overseas you are never alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:07 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Great thread.

I've been travelling Vietnam, Laos and now Cambodia for about 6 weeks. In 5 days I'm heading to the human crush and the furnace that is Delhi to travel India for 2 months.

I must say that match day here on TC is bloody fantastic! Sometimes it's my only avenue for updates on the score (*boo, hiss AFL website*) so it is very much appreciated.

Travelling with my Missus and she hates footy and cricket with a passion. She doesn't understand why I have to jump online in an effort to listen to the game, or at the very least receive patchy score updates. She jumps on a computer next to me though and rifles through facebook, and pretends to pay attention when I ramble on about Judd and Fev.

Great info about your old man too, Sombrero. You should take a pic of those score updates and add it to the thread -- what an amazing show of dedication & passion.

Go blues!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:08 pm 
John Nicholls

Jarusa wrote:
Top thread guys.

It was a great thing when I visited Beijing a little over a year ago to be able to meet a couple of TC'ers and talk about the mighty Blues for a few hours.

Was a pleasure to meet Taff and China Blues in an 'English' pub in Beijing, watching cricket and talking footy.

It is great to see that passionate blues are everywhere around the globe and much the same way as being an Aussie overseas you are never alone, being a Blues supporter overseas you are never alone.

Thanks Jars - it would be great if we could all be at a game together. Unlikely, but what stories to tell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:54 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Dutch Blue wrote:
I'll join the club!

I'm just always waiting on the moment that I'm able to actually watch the match... so I don't want to know anything in advance...

Probably will look a bit weird to an outsider. Me and my girlfriend sitting on the couch. She's watching some female TV-programs, while I'm cheering and swearing at my laptop beside her.

It's pretty difficult to get people to understand that I don't even care about the Dutch soccer competition anymore after Carlton's season started... and the last couple of weeks especially have been FANTASTIC!!!

G'day, Dutchy. If a Belgian Blue is a cow and a Danish Blue is a cheese, what's a Dutch Blue?
Looking fwd to seeing you on matchday as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:58 am 
Stephen Kernahan

titimus wrote:
Great info about your old man too, Sombrero. You should take a pic of those score updates and add it to the thread -- what an amazing show of dedication & passion.

Go blues!

I'lll ask my stepmum if she still has them. I know she has kept some stuff. If I can get hold of a book I'll scan a game and post it somehow on TC.

Don't hold your breath, though. They're in Warrnambool if they're anywhere.
Your dedication to the cause is great. Listening out on an internet cafe is true tragedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Jarusa wrote:
Top thread guys.

I had the same experience in Round One when 'sonofapreacherman' and I got together with a couple of his mates behind the goals. We had never met, only here on TC. Top bloke. We agreed on most things except for the level of need the team has for Houlihan but that's probably par for the course in most Carlton discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:56 am 
John Nicholls

Blue Sombrero wrote:
Jarusa wrote:
Top thread guys.

I had the same experience in Round One when 'sonofapreacherman' and I got together with a couple of his mates behind the goals. We had never met, only here on TC. Top bloke. We agreed on most things except for the level of need the team has for Houlihan but that's probably par for the course in most Carlton discussions.

Jars and I went to the Melbourne game last year, and a pleasure to share the game with him. Sadly Carlton was in Kruz mode. Hopefully we can get to a game where we play "properly" next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:10 am 
Harry Vallence

Great Thread. I live 50 kilometres south of Darwin. I watch all games on either FTA or Foxtel. As soon as the game is over I log into the TC website and read the gameday thread from start to finish. As someone else mentioned - its a substitute for discussing the game in the pub with ya mates. I may live 4000ks from Princess Park but my passion for my beloved team is as strong as ever.

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 am 
formerly p(12)terg

This is an amazing thread - well done BS!

Gives me another stat to record each game-day!

Would also rate as a blueseum article, I'd reckon, but that's just me!

I also don't get to many live games and, as I don't have Fox, I don't get to see many either. There is the occasion that I get to record the win with the old VHS, and some of the losses I have kept as well (last year's game against the Aints; the following Filth match were kept on the basis that we were in the whole game, and not, as previously, only a quarter or two; then there was Judd's debut R1 this year) ..

I have also opted for TC on game day over the gathering at the Royal at Randwick. MrsG still objects, but I need my stats and my game-day banter. I may not know alot about footy, but I still love it!

Carn the Blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:56 am 
John Nicholls

p(12)terg wrote:
This is an amazing thread - well done BS!

Gives me another stat to record each game-day!

Would also rate as a blueseum article, I'd reckon, but that's just me!

I also don't get to many live games and, as I don't have Fox, I don't get to see many either. There is the occasion that I get to record the win with the old VHS, and some of the losses I have kept as well (last year's game against the Aints; the following Filth match were kept on the basis that we were in the whole game, and not, as previously, only a quarter or two; then there was Judd's debut R1 this year) ..

I have also opted for TC on game day over the gathering at the Royal at Randwick. MrsG still objects, but I need my stats and my game-day banter. I may not know alot about footy, but I still love it!

Carn the Blues

You do great work getting all the links up and running each week - see you on line later today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Noonamah Blue wrote:
Great Thread. I live 50 kilometres south of Darwin. I watch all games on either FTA or Foxtel. As soon as the game is over I log into the TC website and read the gameday thread from start to finish. As someone else mentioned - its a substitute for discussing the game in the pub with ya mates. I may live 4000ks from Princess Park but my passion for my beloved team is as strong as ever.

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES :-D

Great pub there,mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next