Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Playing with pride.
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:51 am 
Bert Deacon

I've been reading the posts since the Saturday schellacking with mixed emotions. Despite the wide variety of views, there is a common theme, a passion for the Navy Blue jumper.
Living up north I only get to see the team play on tele, which can be decieving. But I get the impression sometimes that players don't have the same passion for the jumper that we had years ago.
I understand that this team has only recently been assembled and that every player comes under the microscope at the end of each season. Therefore it may be difficult to form the commeradery of past teams.
Our two oldest players are survivers from an era when you wouldn't hesitate bleeding for the jumper.
I miss the sense of busting your arse for your team mate. I realise Denis and his team would be working on this and once again my spin could be off from what I see on tele and read.
But I want to see the players run through brickwalls to support team mates wearing The Navy Blue, just like the old days.
It doesn't guarantte a win, but it would allow supporters and players to hold their heads up high.
Pride in The Navy Blue.
Regards Pedro.