Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:53 pm 
Bruce Comben

I know Hartlett will be more than likely sidelined with suspension, but the most important issue is that i reckon he has injured his hamstring again. I sat behind the interchange bench on Thurs night, and he made a late change in the last quarter struggling to run to the bench. Sure i might be reading too much into it (he may of only cramped), but it does raise an important issue if he is injured?

He is on a one year contract, due to his hamstring injuries, and has possibly injured it twice already this year.

What do we do with him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm 
Ken Hands

Get rid of him, no big loss.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

simmo37's army wrote:
I know Hartlett will be more than likely sidelined with suspension, but the most important issue is that i reckon he has injured his hamstring again. I sat behind the interchange bench on Thurs night, and he made a late change in the last quarter struggling to run to the bench. Sure i might be reading too much into it (he may of only cramped), but it does raise an important issue if he is injured?

He is on a one year contract, due to his hamstring injuries, and has possibly injured it twice already this year.

What do we do with him?

We wait and see if it is confirmed 1st, before you burn the witch at the stake.

Regards Cazzesman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:12 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

The vision on ch 7 news wasn't flattering, nor were Robert Walls comments. WTF is he about (Walls, not Hartlett)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

i think walls has become quite embittered since his wife's untimely and tragic death. its odd that he is so vitriolic towards us as a club though.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:16 pm 
Rod Ashman

It could of just been cramps..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

He was one of the many Carlton players who could not lift their legs towards the end of the game. I reckon there were about 6 others who would have been in the same amount of pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:38 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

seanpb wrote:
i think walls has become quite embittered since his wife's untimely and tragic death. its odd that he is so vitriolic towards us as a club though.

Wallsy does a lot for the CFC that you wouldnt know about.
Your post is disrespectful and unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:59 pm 
Rod Ashman

Blue Vain wrote:
seanpb wrote:

well he sure goes about veiling this from joe public by shitcanning us whenever he can. his performance calling the game the other night was an absolute joke, so incredibly disrespectful in its own right, and anything that the club does also seems to raise his ire.

i dont know the man, but i made that comment by simply listening to him and reading his articles in the past 6 or more months. it seems plain for all to see his demeanor has changed. why we're in the sights i dont know.

"In fairness it did seem in the early days of the draft teams would just pick a name totally at random out of a hat. I'm pretty sure we picked James Cook at #2 one year. The mediocre forward, not the explorer" - Me, 12/9/2011

Carlton 2012: Lets remind them why they once feared the Dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

This is interesting, considering how positive he was about us in our game against the hawks in the nab cup.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
The vision on ch 7 news wasn't flattering, nor were Robert Walls comments. WTF is he about (Walls, not Hartlett)?

What Hartlett did can be summed up in one word. Coward. I did not hear Walls comments but if he went off at him it sounds like he was justified and right in doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

seanpb wrote:
well he sure goes about veiling this from joe public by shitcanning us whenever he can. his performance calling the game the other night was an absolute joke, so incredibly disrespectful in its own right, and anything that the club does also seems to raise his ire.

i dont know the man, but i made that comment by simply listening to him and reading his articles in the past 6 or more months. it seems plain for all to see his demeanor has changed. why we're in the sights i dont know.

He has a job to do. He is just as hard on any other team that underperforms.
The last 6 months have been no different to the years before. The passing of Wallsys wife is totally irrelevant and disrespectful to bring in to the discussion.

Robert Walls does a lot for the CFC players behind the scenes. The fact that he doesnt highlight it to "Joe Public" reinforces that he does it for the right reasons IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:26 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Barack Obama wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

What Hartlett did can be summed up in one word. Coward. I did not hear Walls comments but if he went off at him it sounds like he was justified and right in doing so.

Walls backtracked on his comment when it was revealed Howat hit Hartlett first off the ball.

Howat hit Hartlett when he was running past the Richmond player and had his back to him.

I'm sure Caro will go to town on Howat tomorrow. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

BlueIce wrote:
Barack Obama wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

Walls backtracked on his comment when it was revealed Howat hit Hartlett first off the ball.

Howat hit Hartlett when he was running past the Richmond player and had his back to him.

I'm sure Caro will go to town on Howat tomorrow. :roll:

Then I retract my coward comment too if that was the case. Nevertheless it was still a stupid act given he will now be forced to miss matches he desperately needs through suspension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:15 pm 
Bruce Doull

Barack Obama wrote:
Navy Blue Horse wrote:

How about what happened to Hartlett before that? He was concussed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Hartlett led well to the ball when he had his mind on the job and wasnt our worst...probably get a couple of weeks for whacking Howat back but I wouldnt be wanting that aggression stopped rather focussed and he will learn that opportunities present themselves rather than being impulsive and creating them and getting caught...
Its about time we had some of our blokes standing up for themselves and if Hartlett gets off I would want him retained injuries aside and encouraged to get out there and throw his weight around but intelligently...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:21 pm 
Geoff Southby

I saw Howat hit Hartlett on the wing.

Hartlett should have gone to the interchange bench

This was stupid and of course when his head cleared all he wanted was to get back at Howat.

How dumb is that given how much football he has missed through hamstring problems.

I saw him stretching the hammies in the last quarter on the bench.

Wont matter in the short term. He should get 4 weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:31 pm 
Ken Hands

seanpb wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
seanpb wrote:

He hasn't said anything that isn't true.
The football team has been an absolute joke for 6 years now. and still is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:21 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Blue Vain wrote:
seanpb wrote:

He has a job to do. He is just as hard on any other team that underperforms.
The last 6 months have been no different to the years before. The passing of Wallsys wife is totally irrelevant and disrespectful to bring in to the discussion.

Robert Walls does a lot for the CFC players behind the scenes. The fact that he doesnt highlight it to "Joe Public" reinforces that he does it for the right reasons IMO.

QFT
Pull your head in. if you have a problem with Wallsy, don't bring his dead wife into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Walls does support us when we do well but everyone forgets that rather quickly.