Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

dannyboy wrote:
I say get your head of the Tavern and have a serious look. Better than who?

We are soft defensively and until that is fixed we will continue to lose.

Sadly we lack any kind of 'grunt' leadership - its all fair weather la de dah crap but when the tide turns we have leaders who go belly up or who play for soft, soft kicks so wide they share seats with the cheer squad.

We lack skills, Shit how many times do we have to turn a ball over before we realize we have blokes out there who are shit kicks?

We are short.

We have too many slow players STILL!!!!! The speed of the wizzfizz is gone and we have returned to the plodders or joggers. For F@%&#!'s sake Betts and walker have to run back and forth back and forth to cover not their men but the F@%&#! midield's!!!!!

We have more holes than a sieve!

I have watched two weeks of the worst football ever seen in a bluebaggers jumper - luckily for us the Hawks are just shit. Toss in the Essendon* game for three quarters of joke football and we have a side that is no wher enear better than anyone. We are a laughing stock. Witht he filth and the bummers, we are shit!

Yeah we'll wim some games. yeah we'll be competitive. But how close are we to winning the next flag - i think hardly any closer than three years ago.

I hate this F@%&#! system!

Hear, hear Danny!

As I said in another thread, we've had 7 rounds now to assess our team. And the past 2 weeks especially has highlighted our glaring inadequacies and lack of skill. Hawthorn and Richmond made us looks second rate FFS! Didn't they both finish bottom last year?!

What's that old saying? Before you can fix a problem you first have to acknowledge that a problem actually exists...

YARRAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:56 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Look in anybodies language we played a discraceful game. Not good enough. BUT I think we are underestimating the Tigers Big time. They have had a great list and a shit coach for three years. Their list has just kept improving and now they have a tough coach who knows how to win.
They were revved up to beat us due to their poor record against us in recent years and we were caught napping. The side was tired and flat after the road trips. We needed some leadership and they failed us, this flowed through to the fringies. 2 crucial goals were missed in the first quarter and that just tipped us over the edge - down 7 goals point of no return. Had we got the 2 goals we were only down 5. A quick couple at the start of the second quarter and we would have been right back in it. Instead we were gone mentally. Shame on you .

I am glad we were belted, now the team can start playing with a bit of passion instead of believeing they have the skills to play 3 quarter football and get away with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

it took us until the 25 minute mark oof the second quarter to kick a @#$%&! goal!!!!!

Tigers are not that good!

But we may be that shithouse.

I am sick and tired of excuses. i am sick and tired of maybes gunnas and if onlys.

I want a powerful carlton side again.

It may take time but we must start with the realization that our list is still crap and no amount of heart/passion or arses is going to fix it.

Keep Simmo on the ground.
Play Setanta for quarters not minutes.
Play friggin russell bentick and others

PlayWalker for a whole game on the ball. make him responsible for 1 man not for many.

if Whits is overweight again drop him.

Play @#$%&! Bryan and lets see.

We need answers not cellophane glasses.

Drop blokes any blokes who do not man up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:42 pm 
Bruce Doull

Dannyboy im glad to see theres another who understand where were at.

these people think we have a list of Jesaulenko, Southby, Nichols, Doull, McKay , Makay, Williams,, Kernahan, Perovic, Hunter, Gallagher, Crosswell, Walls, Bosustow, Ashman,Johnston... etc etc etc..

so many GREATS!!!!! we dont have any greats but we want their success..
Well we dont have the old zone system anymore.. (wasnt it a beauty for us too??) we dont have cheque book recruiting ,, and were certainly not going to be giving out brown paper bags.. when you look at what is available youll recognise its either the draft.. and boy dont we need some beauties there.. and piss off the players soaking up the cash in the salary cap that are not performing.. so we can bring in players who can help us get the next premiership.

Simple as putting 1 + 1 and coming up with 2.
I think some people are so spoilt they think its automatic... its not!!!!

Just look at some of the other clubs success rates for premierships.
If we do everything right we will average a 1 premiership each 16 years.. how old will you be in 16 years???
Thats if youre first round picks all work out.. well we lost a few of those.. and Denis is almost 60.. we might have Peter Rhode next...oh and Whitnall might be Captain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:49 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Robocop 2 is one [REDACTED] up movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:20 am 
Stephen Silvagni

Considering the things danny has just said aren't actually happening...what's going on then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:23 am 
Craig Bradley

dannyboy wrote:
it took us until the 25 minute mark oof the second quarter to kick a F@%&#! goal!!!!!

Tigers are not that good!

But we may be that shithouse.

I am sick and tired of excuses. i am sick and tired of maybes gunnas and if onlys.

I want a powerful carlton side again.

It may take time but we must start with the realization that our list is still crap and no amount of heart/passion or arses is going to fix it.

Keep Simmo on the ground.
Play Setanta for quarters not minutes.
Play friggin russell bentick and others

PlayWalker for a whole game on the ball. make him responsible for 1 man not for many.

if Whits is overweight again drop him.

Play F@%&#! Bryan and lets see.

We need answers not cellophane glasses.

Drop blokes any blokes who do not man up!

this is the same team - that not 2 months ago danny you where calling "swamp rats" there is no massive difference between the two.

We are playing badly - no doubt in that, but when they turn it around will we be calling them "swamp rats" once more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:50 am 
Ken Hunter

There is a mssive difference prez. the expanded interchange bench allowed tghem to play the style of football denis wants, but two players off and the old players revert back to their slack ways. yes we are better bthan what we saw on saturday but we are no where near as far down thge track as i thought.

The chasing, harassing, urgent teram is gone because we have 4 or 5 blokes who ar egreat going forward but cannot man up the other way in the wizz cup Denis covered this with rapid rotations off the bench, through the midfield etc. That luxury is gone and no everyone must be accountable.

I think our balance is stuffed. Can we play Kouta Campo and Johnno in the same midfield? No. Can Scotland be allowed to letr his man run free? No. When will Houla get his urgency back?

We have dropped off because the kids are doing all the hard work. We are a long way off being able to replicate that wizz form in the season proper.

I think we will imrpove but I also think we have serious flaws. Not devlopment issues but serious termite type floors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:53 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

The Tyrant wrote:
Robocop 2 is one F@%&#! up movie

Where is Kane?