Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:29 am 
Bruce Doull

AND..............

he (Cook) kept slamming his knees into the back of Kernas head
when going for a mark..............!

i don't think the big fella liked that...............!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:40 am 
Harry Vallence

Blue Vain wrote:
AIRCAV wrote:
Steve Da Rui. Was a big lad and had a great touch of ongrel in him.

Yeah, I'll second that AIRCAV.
No one enjoyed running through opponents more than Da Rui. :-D
I enjoyed watching him play.

Unfortunately he wasn't prepared to run through Milane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:41 am 
Stephen Silvagni

What a great thread. I kept reading wondering if the names I had in mind were going to be mentioned and ended up adding to my list with the other suggestions.

First names that came to mind were Paul McCormick, who was drafted from from Dandenong with Rohan Welsh and wore #30. Was a hard at it back pocket player. I remember him and SOS crunching, I think John Gastev of Brisbane, in Round 1 1992 and I followed him after that. Played a lot of games in 1993 before being dropped for the finals. I was disappointed then and when he was delisted.

The other was Darren Tarczon for a similar reason. He put a great hip and shoulder on a West Coast player in 1991 at Princes Park, in the game we beat the Eagles after Minton-Connell kicked that goal.

Andrew Phillips and Adrian Whitehead were both crueled by injury, as was Peter Motley. Phillips was set for a great career. I also think Trent Hoppner was eventually delisted after some serious injuries, but I thought he looked ok in the 2 games he played.

Luke Livingston is a player I wouldn't have even thought of for this thread. I still think he should have made it. I wonder if someone knows the story, but it seemed to me Pagan didn't like or rate him and he'd be benched pretty quickly, despite some good performances.

Another player I thought was going to make it and be SOS's eventual replacement was Daniel Marshall. I used to watch him in the reserves and I thought he was going well and showing a lot of potential. He was delisted at the end of that season.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 am 
Horrie Clover

The Blueseum wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:
Stephen Cook I think his name was... rememebr a game he took two huge marks outside 50, and slotted both home... thoguht he was gna be a superstar!

http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php? ... mes%20cook

James Cook?

Not to be mistaken with Mrs.Jean Cook ?

Apologies, that's a Blueseum junky in-joke.

From the Blueseum

ps Great thread. Its as if it called out to the Blueseum from across the internet ether....

yea thats the one... good to see im not the only one who remembers him!!! I'll never forget that game against North, he got me very excited, but his career just slowly died in the end.

I must say Anguwin and Norman were another two that could of, should of, would of. Why did Anguwin have to be such a lying junkie?!?! That passage of play against West Costs, even thoguh we got slammed by over 100 points... made me watch him with much interest and wondered why Adelaide got rid of him, we all know why now! Norman was never given another chance IMO by Pagan. Same with Livingston, but when you have Micky Martyn, why blood youngsters?!?! :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 am 
Stephen Kernahan

bluebo baggers wrote:
Andrew Phillips and Adrian Whitehead - both cut down in their prime by injury. Made it but didn't make it if you know what I mean.

QFT

Blake Campbell looked the goods at times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 am 
Bruce Doull

HELLAS BLUE wrote:
Karl Norman had soooo much talent, God knows how we lost him. This guy was the next big thing IMO. The worst thing we ever did to our club was bringing in that nob Angwin cause he took Norman down with him.

Word is that Norman didn't need much encouragement from Angwin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 pm 
Rod McGregor

Mick Martyn :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:47 pm 
Bruce Doull

I have a few pretty obscure names, only saw one or two play, but I just wish they fulfilled their potential and really 'made' it.

Ron Barassi
John Nicholls
Mike Fitzpatrick
Stephen Kernahan

Imagine what we could have achieved if these blokes lived up to their reputations.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Tony Lynn and Matty Blagrove.

AWWWWWW STEVENS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:04 pm 
Garry Crane

What do any of you guys know about MARK MAJERCZAK ????

He now works for the same company as me in Queensland....

Used to be a Blues guy for awhile.....

How did he play ...any footage anywhere..???

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

McGuane :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:11 pm 
Bruce Doull

TrueQldBlue wrote:

Thanx

I remember him taking a speccy at PP against the dons in 1990. Over Paul Salmon...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:17 pm 
Bruce Doull

Wojee wrote:
HELLAS BLUE wrote:
Karl Norman had soooo much talent, God knows how we lost him. This guy was the next big thing IMO. The worst thing we ever did to our club was bringing in that nob Angwin cause he took Norman down with him.

He didn't. I knew his gf at the time, and from what I heard the two were a double-act.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 pm 
Rod Ashman

Donstuie wrote:
Wojee wrote:
HELLAS BLUE wrote:

He didn't. I knew his gf at the time, and from what I heard the two were a double-act.

Karl Norman. A Wagaratta boy. You would not believe what he got up to up here. Better off out of the Blues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:28 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

TrueQldBlue wrote:

Thanx

Very talented and skillful player - but possibly a tad too slow for his size.

Probably suffered from lack of opportunity at a time - however at the end of his career at Carlton 90/91 when we were not that good he didnt establish himself which might have been due to a touch of laziness on his part.

Attitude may have been a problem as he was around the club a long time and even played Little League for Carlton in the late 70s early 80s - when each club ran its own Little League Squads - so it all may have come a bit too easy for him at an early age.

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

CK95 wrote:
TrueQldBlue wrote:

Thanx

I remember him taking a speccy at PP against the dons in 1990. Over Paul Salmon...!

I remember him more walking out of the club, along with Peter Satori, at one stage due to lack of opportunity. They were both back within a few days.

Matty Blagrove was around at the same time as Troy Cullen. Cullen was another I thought would make it only to be delisted after one season :oops:

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

MARK MAJERCZAK - Yes! Amazingly I was reading pages 1 thru 4 thinking to myself 'I bet no one on here mentions MARK MAJERCZAK.' I was going to select him and Andy Phillips. Andy had to choose between tennis and footy and I saw him play tennis and he was pretty darn good. Magic Majerczak was a classy left footer who I thought would have played a lot more footy. Again - really could dominate reserves footy - but our small man brigade was strong. He did debut in our premiership year of '87 - that - as a 19 year old was not a bad effort. Thought he would have got more opportunities at the Bulldogs - but it was not to be. Agree with Stephen Oliver and the other one who never kicked on who i would've liked to was Rhett Baynes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:41 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Dr.SHERRIN wrote:
MARK MAJERCZAK - Yes! Amazingly I was reading pages 1 thru 4 thinking to myself 'I bet no one on here mentions MARK MAJERCZAK.' I was going to select him and Andy Phillips. Andy had to choose between tennis and footy and I saw him play tennis and he was pretty darn good.

Let me guess, as a 12 year old, he once beat Boris Becker :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 pm 
Bruce Doull

Darren Hulme, loved the way he played. Limited ability, but a gutsy little SoB.

Ian Aitken, @#$%&! YOU CLARKSON! :evil:

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:20 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Andrew Phillips gets my vote - kid was a natural rover who was cut down in his prime. His winning goal v Collingwood in a game in 1989 was a beauty.

Steven Oliver the Nathan Ablett of the 80s & 90s - just lacked the passion to play in the city - his cause not helped when he sat his 2nd game entirely on the bench when his friends & family had driven up from Bendigo to watch him play.

Would've liked to have seen a bit more of Scott Spalding in the seniors. Only game he got was Rd 1 1993.

Brett Balkwill also given the flick to soon by Brittain.

Frank Marchesani - anyone old enough to remember him at Fitzroy would realise what we got at Carlton was a shadow of what he could've been.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next