Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

I think the big deal about today's thrashing is that it was at the hands of Richmond.... :oops:

Let's hope the bounce-back theory still counts.

Surely Fev will come out firing... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:50 pm 
Garry Crane

why does it take a "thrashing" to get the team fired up ?

somethings not right .. they should be fired up every week .. !

what else have they got to think about all week .. the bank balance ?

.. go blues ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

I was being tongue in cheek... were going to get smashed!!!!
Fev is back.. but unfortunatley he is has to play against his nemesis.
Their midfield will have too much run for us.. and of course we need a captain to steer the ship when things arent going to plan.. which lately is most of the time.....

Anyway were a step closer to shedding ridiculous contracts and hopefully finishing lw and bringing in the kind of players we desperately need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:03 am 
Robert Walls

We are undefeated at night this year and yet to win during the day. At least next week's game is at night! We're also undefeated in the even numbered rounds!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:57 am 
Rod Ashman

Blues2005 wrote:
Ponkstar wrote:
Blues2005 wrote:
Dropping Deluca serves no purpose. He's a fish out of water in defence, it's no wonder he's struggling, he can't be expect to slot into what is for him a foreign position and excel. We've had no choice at times but he's a square peg in a round hole and it's not his fault.

Which is why he needs time out to get some confidence back in his game...

Why can't this be achieved in the forward line? I reckon when he has played forward this season he's done reasonably well overall. What's the point of going back to the VFL and kicking 3 or 4 goals as a forward and then coming back into defence in the AFL?!

Deluca should be playing up forward not down back.

Totally agree.

I thought the coaching staff should have known by now that Deluca can not play back.

Lance has to play closer to the goals and Deluca plays best when he is free to roam the half forward line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:09 am 
Robert Walls

in the cold hard haze of 2 a.m over here - we will beat the geeeelong cats this week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:20 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
We certainly have the ability to beat them.

Whether our guys USE that ability is a different matter.

Having a few players with 30+ possies counts for nought if the possessions are useless soft outside passes and pissing around.

I think they are vulnerable to a fast type of play.

We'll just see.

I watched the Geel v. Stkilda game. I´m just being realistic in saying we are not in the same league as Geelong. They are so committed, they attack the ball hard, play as a team, their senior players lead from the front, they have an amazingly even side with no huge gap between first 8 and next 8, their defence is just awesome ... forgetting Scarlett and Harley for a sec, Rooke, Milburn and Hunt have to be some of the most underrated players in the AFL.

All I want from next week is a sign, particularly from the senior players, that what happened yesterday hurt, that they feel pride in the jumper otherwise take the damn thing off. I want to see a commitment to the ball and more importantly to each other that has Sheehan writing an article with "ANZAC spirit" mentioned. I want to see young kids playing positive footy, show-casing their skills ... if i see Walker and Simmo playing defensive again I´ll puke, players like that can HURT opposition teams, why are we wasting them!!

We wont win but this game will be an extraordinary game for the insight it gives us as supporters into who we have playing for our team, what type of characters do we have, what type of people are they, what´s important to these guys ... is it just a job boys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:08 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

For some Bone, it is.

And the scary thing is that they were showcased yesterday. And they often hide behind high possession counts.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:10 pm 
Trevor Keogh

We will get smashed again, to quick, to talented, to smart the cats are. There enthusiastic play for each other and have some spirit and do not rely on the same blokes to get them over the line.

Post subject: Cats
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:50 pm 
Geoff Southby

As far as im concerned we are always a chance everytime we set foot on the field.And its no differant next week.Cats are pretty good and in form.But form is a very fickle thing.But forget the fancy shit and place players were they will most advantage the side.Forget about the mind games.What a lot of shit.The ridiculous facade with Chambers and Carrazzo did us a whole lot of good didnt it.Dont know why Dennis came that crap/Its not his style.And we all know what happens when you pretend to be what you are not.Play your usual straight bat Dennis.Clearly our so called midfield is the core of our problems.Gotta get 1st touch.Stevens,Campo and Scotland are outside midfielders and the internal dynamics of the group is wrong.Davies is a genuine hard nut and needs to be chucked in there to at least give it a go.And he runs far better than a lot think.Fev to FF and Lance to CHF.And i reckon Lance and Dennis need a good heart to heart chat.If i was Lance i would be telling Dennis i am not Wayne.Just let me try it my way and see what happens.The paddock was fine with Carey and Johny Longmire in there but it aint never gunna work withFev and Red.The paddock has had its day.It is now obsolete.Lets face it,the flood was specifically designed to counteract the paddock.And even that is out of date now coz ya got the super flood..........Sorry folks,but the game has changed.And we have to change with it or we will become dinosaurs.It has now become a brain game.And i am afraid we are locked into this old fashioned dogma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

Our first quarters have been really poor, and almost every game has a "were they even there quarter"
Q1 Richmond, Hawthorn, Port
Seriously fear for whats left of our reputation, Friday night.
Really hope Chambers, Bryan, McGrath and Fev are included.
Let's hope for a strong draft and if necessary a good deal for Fev and Whits from Eddie. Pimp'n aint easy indeed.