Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:57 pm 
Trevor Keogh

as i stood non-plussed at the back of level 1 of ponsford stand a drunken richmond supporter spent the last qtr asking me why we were so bad today etc etc.

i didn't know what to say or where to start, apart from telling him his breath was as horrible as our performance! i know we don't have the players to implement pagan's game plan, but i thought we had left these sort of shockers behind.

i do know that it's round 7 and we're still getting murdered by the loose man in defence.

it's round 7 and we're still bombing high to an outnumbered forward and then leaving a huge 50+ metre area for the opposition backs to set up and murder us on the counter as though it's just a training drill.

it's round 7 and we still haven't got the structure right, especially at the start of games.

we've gone close a couple of times, and pinched a couple at the death. perhaps this has allowed us to gloss over deficiencies. but today, we were shown to be wearing no clothes.

so, like freo did against richmond, do we go away and rethink things, re-jig thinks, re-assess certain players, use this as a launching pad for the rest of the season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:59 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Is everyone who comes in here going to start their own thread?

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:03 pm 
Rod Ashman

Quote:

Of course. Infact, I was going to start one entitled "2005 CFC Membership Refunds. 9AM - 11AM. Monday 9th May. Optus Oval. Gate 5." :roll: Wouldn't that make you happy? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm 
Trevor Keogh

TruBlueBrad wrote:

we could have used your feisty attitude on the field today brad!

i'm gonna let your comment go thru to the keeper ... it's been a shit day and i don't intend to turn on my own ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:14 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

teknodeejay wrote:
Quote:

Of course. Infact, I was going to start one entitled "2005 CFC Membership Refunds. 9AM - 11AM. Monday 9th May. Optus Oval. Gate 5." :roll: Wouldn't that make you happy? :twisted:

:lol:

maxy, sorry, you're not the first to do it. The Moderators have already been forced to merge a few threads. It would be easier of you added your thoughts on the game to one of the other's. There's one on the game, one on negative's and one for positive's.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:20 pm 
Ken Hunter

Maxy what we saw today was the game we had last week but against a sdie that can actually kick goals.

Scotland, Houla, Kouta and Johnno, Campo - none of these guys can exert defensive pressure. 5 is two to many so make some choices Denis. walker and Betts spent most of their time chasing to cover for these blokes then they have to run back and try to present. @#$%&! off!

Just on wallker - I thought he did alright today considering.

We cannot hit the side of a abrn (unless it was wearing black and yellow) - memo bluebaggers try playing a game where you kick it to each other instead of to your opponent!

Well its going to be a long, long week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:39 pm 
Garry Crane

I think this was the game we had to have to show us that we won't make the finals this year.
Unless we start hitting targets and pressuring the opposition we don't have a hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:55 pm 
Trevor Keogh

dannyboy wrote:
Maxy what we saw today was the game we had last week but against a sdie that can actually kick goals.

yep danny, totally agree!

that was the point i was trying to make, but probably didn't make well enough.

i've seen today's game all year, but we've managed a good qtr here, a great 20 mins there and were never made to pay. until today of course!

no worries brad ... yeah, i guess i could have included this as part of another thread ... maybe my decision-making is as crap as the team's today :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:04 pm 
Ken Hunter

yeah your point is like a Carlton pass....... perhaps Saintsational would get it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very poor skills, very poor pressure, very poor.

Well at least i got my wish and the boys made sure it wasn't a close one
8)