Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:11 pm 
Garry Crane

Elwood Blues1 wrote:
....sad part for me was seing Richmond brush our players aside and give us the rag doll treatment....

the same as hawthorn did for most of last week .. and freo .. and the pies

just not hard enough .. or desparate enough .. or skilfull enough

the only decent tacklers we have are waite, kouta and maybe wiggo !

the rest are witches hats !

the least you can do as a footy player is lay a decent tackle .. jeez ..
lots of mending to do for the supporters in the next few weeks !

but hey .. beat the cats and all is forgiven

.. go blues ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:34 pm 
Bruce Comben

When it was 60 - 3 I was embarrased to be a blues supporter. We were just terrible today. Surely when you're getting thumped like that you just go in hard for the jumper and try and stem the flow ?? I'm not sure too many guys did that.

The sad thing is, we have worked our arse off to get to middle of the road standard, but that's the best this side will ever be, everyone knows that. We MUST do a St Kilda and tail out, immediately or we'll be doomed to be a "Bumbers"...that is, bottom of the eight and never any decent draft picks. Sad but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:37 pm 
Craig Bradley

I wouldn't worry too much, Mill, I think we're a fair way off being a bottom of the top-8 team!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:49 pm 
Bruce Comben

I just hate seeing the Tiges 5 from 7 and looking to have a future and we're going backwards after showing promise in the Wizzer. Hmmm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:53 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hey dont say use the system in here... youll get howled down!!!
we dont need the gun kids ort the pre season pick ups for nothing...!!!
Were Carlton .. we can do it!!! :roll:

10 wins last year... who cares if were in the twilight zone of perpetual nothingness. *twilight zone music*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:09 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hope you are paying royalties on using the twilight zone music Synbad...

*beau dowler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:22 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mrs Caz wrote:
Hope you are paying royalties on using the twilight zone music Synbad...

*beau dowler
MrsCazz noone can hear it.. its in my head... i dont think you have to pay royalties for music inside your own head.....*Now has to listen to the cranberries.. in your head... in your headdddddd.... zomby*

Damn i cant get it out of my head... Oh no... Kylie!!!!
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:49 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

Richmond:
Coughlan- Stevens
Brown- Kouta
Richo- Fevola
Gaspar- Thornton
Simmonds- Whitnall
K Johnson- Campo
Chaffey- Teague
Bowden- Scotland
etc

Is their list really 85 points better then ours??
Im still no closer to answering just how Richmond are sitting third on the ladder after 7 rounds, and were languishing in 12th position.
Deledio and Tambling, whilst ok, were hardly the impetus for the Tigers win. Can we attribute 10 goals of the difference to the mindset of the players? Richmond riding high after smashing the reigning premier, us slogging it out in a tight game against the wooden spoon favourites.

How the hell are they permeating with self belief and confidence when we should be just as, if not further, advanced then they are considering the strides we made last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:01 pm 
Harry Vallence

It can only be between the shoulders, Josh!!!!

I said the very same thing as Pagan (not having heard Denis' post match press conference - honest) to my friend on the way home from the "G".....I thought the days of us being belted were over - obviously not :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:49 pm 
Robert Walls

Josh Kaplan wrote:
Is their list really 85 points better then ours??
Im still no closer to answering just how Richmond are sitting third on the ladder after 7 rounds, and were languishing in 12th position.
Deledio and Tambling, whilst ok, were hardly the impetus for the Tigers win. Can we attribute 10 goals of the difference to the mindset of the players? Richmond riding high after smashing the reigning premier, us slogging it out in a tight game against the wooden spoon favourites.

How the hell are they permeating with self belief and confidence when we should be just as, if not further, advanced then they are considering the strides we made last season.

Of course they're not. But have they left Melbourne this year? Who have they played? They've built up a lot of confidence. We haven't and have had a much tougher schedule. Everything worked for them early, nothing worked for us, our confidence evaporated and we were playing catch up football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:04 pm 
Bob Chitty

Deano spoke of B.F.

and it's not Wells and Goddard that we missed it's the others in that draft and the others below Walker that we missed.

Remember we got Walker on priority and then got nothing. Look at the 3 clubs last year - got priority picks and then raffled 1-8 between them.

Roughed Thurgood and the other at HFC and Tambling Deludio at ? at RFC will develop but it's 3 of the top 10 each not just 1!

OUR PICKS like DAVIES NEED TO STAND UP AND TAKE THE NEXT STEP!

That's what we are really missing guys aside from waite who look ready to commit to taking the next step!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:24 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

markj wrote:
lots of mending to do for the supporters in the next few weeks !

but hey .. beat the cats and all is forgiven

.. go blues ..

thats about the most ridiculos thing I've seen here yet. Mending to do for the supporters....mending to do maybe for the followers, the supporters are at this time...supporting them.

Tell me, if we hadn't lost to the Tigers and then went on to beat the Cats, would that mean that you then owed the players something?

Also, if things are so bleak and they're so far out of credit with 'supporters' like you, does one win really fix that? Do you really go week to week with a running balance depending on how they repaid you for being a 'supporter' during that weeks game?

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:55 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

I'm starting to think that Denis is playing to win at the expense of player development. I don't think there's been any plan for Davies, besides stick him in a pocket and expect him to kick goals.

Denis needs to go back to the drawing board.

Figure out what players he thinks are half good (like Davies).

Figure out what parts of their game are lacking

Then stick them in positions to develop those traits.

Stick Davies in a backpocket, or as a tagger. The kid needs a job because he just floats through games.

Fisher and Waite have developed despite their exposure. We've only ever seen one side of Fisher's game, and we all reckon he's a gun.... what else can he do?

Waite has started dominating games as a floating forward... in his first year he was tagging blokes on the wing and getting responsibility. Now we need him to kick bags as a floater.

I think we need to give him the run of the park. Get sticks to tell him where to lead and say "mate you're out CHF now, lead well and present, and you'll be a success".

Norman just has to get a man and bog in. His attitude might be shit, but I'd be happier with him standing Stafford than Teague

Another thing is, we're killing Teague's game by mking him play above his station. He's not running into the flight nearly as much as before.

Yes.... this squad... grave concerns......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:59 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Bloody hell Tyrants, you've spoken 12 months worth of sense in 24 hours.

It has to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:59 am 
formerly Josh Kaplan

hat
I agree with Tyrants.. the guy speaks some sense doesnt he.
I think its fair to say that the MC havent shouldered as much blame as perhaps they should..
Then again-- if we win, Denis is a genious.