Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:38 pm 
Trevor Keogh

The great man was interviewed at half time he said he was amazed to see other teams let Carlton win the Wizard cup they should not have won it. He said we are not a finals side we are far off being in the finals and said if the club wins 6 or more games that have done well. Diesel said he had no doubt we would fight back but we dont have the talent like most other sides especially Richmond and that the club has a long way to go.

I agree with everything he said, i have been saying all along we will not win more games than last year and that we are atleast 3 years away from finals footy. He have one of the worst lists in the league players like Prenda, Wiggins, Banister, Carrazo, Johnson, Davies, McGrath and Longmuir would not even come into contention at any other team. Whitnal looks slow and uninterested but the delivery into the foward line was shocking.

Only my opinion, some of you just make big names out of players like those mentioned above and that has been a problem with Carlton supporters we seem to make stars out of players who simply do not deserve the recognition. I read huge wraps on Davies but not once has the kid done anything to warrant such stature along with Walker, Simpson, Prenda.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

ballistic blues wrote:
The great man was interviewed at half time he said he was amazed to see other teams let Carlton win the Wizard cup they should not have won it. He said we are not a finals side we are far off being in the finals and said if the club wins 6 or more games that have done well. Diesel said he had no doubt we would fight back but we dont have the talent like most other sides especially Richmond and that the club has a long way to go.

I agree with everything he said, i have been saying all along we will not win more games than last year and that we are atleast 3 years away from finals footy. He have one of the worst lists in the league players like Prenda, Wiggins, Banister, Carrazo, Johnson, Davies, McGrath and Longmuir would not even come into contention at any other team. Whitnal looks slow and uninterested but the delivery into the foward line was shocking.

Only my opinion, some of you just make big names out of players like those mentioned above and that has been a problem with Carlton supporters we seem to make stars out of players who simply do not deserve the recognition. I read huge wraps on Davies but not once has the kid done anything to warrant such stature along with Walker, Simpson, Prenda.

And did you hear him as you were driving home from the match at half-time?...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:45 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

ballistic blues wrote:

Prenda is not up to standard himself one minute...and now he's in the same stature as Walker and Simpson. :? :? :?

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:52 pm 
Trevor Keogh

yes i left at half time, for the reason that i could not control myself and was about to explode which could have been dangeous since i have to attend my best mates wedding tomorrow who was sitting along side me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:53 pm 
*expired alter ego*

Greg Williams was a champion defender with Hawthorn, playing 156 games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Senor Falso is witty , interesting and funny

WRONG !!

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:43 pm 
Rod Ashman

Diesel, a great player & servant of the CFC, in fact, one of the greatest to pull on the great guernsey, but a bitter man now. I wouldn't take any notice of him now just quietly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:50 pm 
Craig Bradley

I would like to publicly thank Greg Williams for his blunt assessment of our team. I am sure it will be taken on board by the match committee.

And I would further like to thank Greg Williams for his efforts as a director of the club that left us in a position where we had no meaningful access to the draft for two years, thus ending up with the list that he now feels free to crititise

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Boom Boom!

Greg Williams now has the right of reply.

*crickets chirrrrrping*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:12 pm 
Ken Hunter

Hey, senor falso is cool, I prefer him to Captain obvious and his disciples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:49 am 
Trevor Keogh

if he is so bitter, why would he even bother attending games. Sicks was on the radio before the on 3AW and said that Carlton were allowed to play the way they licked with space created in our foward line and quick entry into the 50 which helped Fev and Lance and nothing can be taken out of the wiz cup performances. He also admitted we defied all odds with last years result.