Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Tickets for Tigers game
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:36 am 
Harry Vallence

is the afl area walk up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:20 am 
Robert Walls

Yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Just because I love beating my head against a wall and creating endless questions in my mind I thought I'd log on to Ticketmaster7 and see where I'd be seated if I reserved a ticket this week

Found that Level's 1 & 2 have no reserved seating on them, which is great. My seat was in P20, Row E...nice seat. Total Charge $5.80. Fast Forward to the next 'Blockbuster Game" (To be referred to from now on as 'An Opportunity to Rip Everyone Off' or AOREO) and that charge will be $11.80 or thereabouts due to the Reserved Fee charge.

How is it more strenuous or expensive for the AFL/MCG/Ticketmaster7 to reserve seats for a 'Walk Up Start" as opposed to a AOREO?

I went through this issue with anyone who would listen last year from the AFL and Ticketmaster7 and was assured its to cover costs and that due to the cost of the technology involved it was reasonable to charge me $11.80 to enforce me to reserve a seat and that the cost would be looked at after negotiations. Nice negotiating by the AFL Membership department, it costs an extra 80c or so this year.

I'm going to save everyone the drama of me arguing this poitn with myself, but could someone stop me from going insane and explain why as AFL Members we need to pay extra for a AOREO game. Surely if its our choice to reserve a seat we would pay more then, as opposed to a game where they tell us we have to reserve a seat.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Forward to the ACCC ....I'm sure Graham would already know bout it....question is whether anyone at the AFL has pissed him off recently....

That's the only good reason for putting the fox in charge of the chicken coup.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:47 pm 
Robert Walls

Do you mean the extra handling charge for ticketfast or picking your ticket up at the ground? Can't believe they can justify charging you for that. I have noticed that at times they don't seem to charge this but have no idea why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

I got tickets to the Corporate box so hopefully i can enjoy a good win by the Blues :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:54 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

BlueWorld wrote:
Do you mean the extra handling charge for ticketfast or picking your ticket up at the ground? Can't believe they can justify charging you for that. I have noticed that at times they don't seem to charge this but have no idea why.

Its an either/or charge. If its ticketfast then its to cover the cost of the technology. If its pickup then its the cost of someone printing the ticket.

Only difference I can tell between when they do or don't charge the extra is if its walk up or AOREO

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:46 pm 
Robert Walls

TruBlueBrad wrote:
If its pickup then its the cost of someone printing the ticket.

But if you go to a branch they still print the ticket out and don't charge a handling fee. Rip off if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:11 am 
Stephen Kernahan

TruBlueBrad wrote:
Its an either/or charge. If its ticketfast then its to cover the cost of the technology. If its pickup then its the cost of someone printing the ticket.

A $7.50 charge for TicketFast is nothing short of robbery. The software was out of the box from the US version of Ticketbastard, they did NOTHING.

Tickets ordered through TicketFast should be cheaper! You are not taking up an operators time, you are not tying up a phoneline, you're not adding to a queue in shops, and they don't have to pay for ANY consumables like blank tickets or god forbid printer ink.

And THEY charge US for the priviledge? @#$%&! off!

What I'm trying to say is... don't use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:01 am 
Stephen Silvagni

BlueWorld wrote:
TruBlueBrad wrote:
If its pickup then its the cost of someone printing the ticket.

But if you go to a branch they still print the ticket out and don't charge a handling fee. Rip off if you ask me.

Thats what I told them last year!