Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:44 pm 
Bruce Comben

Just wondering if any members had seating probs at the game last night? I was meeting friends who were in Aisle 16, front row Level 1, which was the social club area. Just as i got there (around 7:30), they had just been kicked out of that area and told that they were in a 'reserved seating' area. We made our way around to aisle 19-20 and luckily found some seats there, but needless to say, we weren't vert happy at all!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:58 pm 
John Nicholls

chrisvu wrote:
Just wondering if any members had seating probs at the game last night? I was meeting friends who were in Aisle 16, front row Level 1, which was the social club area. Just as i got there (around 7:30), they had just been kicked out of that area and told that they were in a 'reserved seating' area. We made our way around to aisle 19-20 and luckily found some seats there, but needless to say, we weren't vert happy at all!!!!

Did you reserve a seat before the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:01 pm 
Bruce Comben

Nah, we didn't reserve a seat. The area we were sitting in was supposed to be the Social 'first in best dressed' area. Ended up being a reserved area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 pm 
Rod Ashman

the social club area was aisle 18-30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:02 pm 
John Nicholls

Hmmm.
I always thought Level 1 was a reserved area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:03 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Noticed them kicking people out of that area from my seat in the social club. It looked like they changed the bay from social club seating to reserved seating about 25 minutes before the game to accomodate more people but not sure.

It was a bit annoying as it was meant to be a Carlton area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:21 pm 
Harry Vallence

I'm in aisle 16 - its social gold - so yes social club members - but ones who have reserved seats.

my main gripe is with the catering - bought 3 cokes and 3 baked potatoes in the "food court" but most of teh tables were covered in garbage...

conversation went as follows. (mb = melbelle SS= surly server

MB: Can you tell me why my grandmother is clearing tables
SS: Did anyone ask her to
MB: No, but she wants to eat her meal and theres no clean tables so what choice does she have
SS: Well its notin my job description
MB: I see, is it in anyones job description
SS: not really we clear tables if we get a chance but nobody is assigned - there are bind provided (points to overflowing bin)
MB: Right so you charge $4 for a bottle of coke that probably costs you 5c but cant afford to pay someone $15 an hour to clear tables - thats impressiv

At that point I departed before she got a chance to spit on my food - is thsi something mr evans is responsible for??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Nah Mr Evans does not have the TD contract ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:49 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

melbelle39 wrote:
is this something mr evans is responsible for??

No Headplant is right - Mr. Evans does not have the Telstra Dome Contract - he is responsible for the same sort of crap at the MCG though. :roll:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:03 am 
Adrian Gallagher

PJ there is a social club area behind the goals, first in best dressed amongst the Carlton cheer squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:09 am 
Ken Hunter

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:39 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Here's the deal...

Last night none of the attendants knew anything. As it turned out from Bay 18 and around, it was first in best dressed social club seating. There was a small area on the right of the Bay 18 aisle that people were told 'you can sit there, but if someone has a reserved ticket for it, you'll have to move'.

Good advice.

A lot of people that were sitting there were kicked out of the seats, it must be an over flow area for reserved seating. Very confusing. Maybe with Collo away nobody has told the attendants at the ground any of the basics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:07 am 
Bruce Doull

bluehammer wrote:
Maybe with Collo away nobody has told the attendants at the ground any of the basics...

You would imagine Collo has an Operations Dept to handle the finer points of this.....I wouldn't think it's up to him to inform all the staff about seating specifics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:02 am 
Stephen Kernahan

er, yep KK. It was a joke. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:18 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Tell you what, the club is not doing a good job in keeping members who put their hand in the pocket happy. This year we "upgraded" in December from Social Gold to "premium" seating. Mostly to get better seats at TD (level 2).

So what happens? Firstly the club does not look at our renewal until late Feb and then e-mails us that they can not offer us better seats at the G so the choice is our existing seats (which are OK) and level 4 ( :? ). Of course we told them we did not want to move but already not happy (more money - same seats). When I made that point the memebrship department they promised a voucher for the Carlton shop - this voucher never arrived.

Then comes our first game at TD with our so called "premium" seats. I nearly exploded. We had row U at level 2 - which is the last row in the pocket and so far up it is actually level 3 and tucked under the concrete overhang from level 4 (so really as high as front of level 4).

We were so far tucked in the back we could not see the large score board without bending down to the knees and we were in the only area where no TV was mounted on the concrete ceiling. And 10 min. walk (at least) from the SC. Absolutely sheit.

So that is what we got for the most expensive membership available. I am writing to Malouf this week. Clearly we will be downgrading our membership next year - but then they will probably try to take our old seats at the G away from us. What a bad service. I also find it unaccepatable that it seemingly does not matter if you sign up early - it is just a lottery. How can the Club call seats where we were seated "premium" - it is fraud. I was so angry Friday that I was close of to deciding to give our memberships away for good. We also spend a lot of money with the club to support it like buying the expensive car raffle tickets, attending most functions etc. Will not be doing this this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:45 pm 
Trevor Keogh

THE CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB WILL BE GETTING A FURIOUS PHONE CALL FROM ME ON MONDAY. I WAS SITTING IN AISLE 18 WHEN WAS APPROACHED ASK TO SHOW MY MEMBERSHIP (SOCIAL CLUB) THEN TOLD WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO SIT IN THE FIRST 4 ROWS. NOW FOR SOMEONE WHO PAYED $300+ FOR A MEMBERSHIP AND ONLY ABLE TO SIT IN THE FIRST 4 ROWS ON LEVEL 1 IS DISGUSTING AND LET ME TELL YOU WHO EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE MONDAY MORNING BETTER BE READY FOR A BLASTING AND I WILL NOT LIE DOWN ABOUT THIS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:57 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

ballistic blues wrote:
THE CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB WILL BE GETTING A FURIOUS PHONE CALL FROM ME ON MONDAY. I WAS SITTING IN AISLE 18 WHEN WAS APPROACHED ASK TO SHOW MY MEMBERSHIP (SOCIAL CLUB) THEN TOLD WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO SIT IN THE FIRST 4 ROWS. NOW FOR SOMEONE WHO PAYED $300+ FOR A MEMBERSHIP AND ONLY ABLE TO SIT IN THE FIRST 4 ROWS ON LEVEL 1 IS DISGUSTING AND LET ME TELL YOU WHO EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE MONDAY MORNING BETTER BE READY FOR A BLASTING AND I WILL NOT LIE DOWN ABOUT THIS.

How about you don't take it out on the person answering the phone. You may even find they're more prepared to help you out if you're pleasant to them.

You never know, it may not be their fault.

"there’s more chance of me becoming the full forward for the [Western Bulldogs] than there is of any change in the Labor Party." Julia Gillard 18-05-2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

And while you're at it, why not ask to speak to Fev, and call him a stupid lame donkey..... :wink:

Brad's right, don't go in all guns blazing, especially at the person answering the phone, otherwise, you can bet they won't care if they help or not. It's all about attitude.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:21 pm 
Robert Walls

Maybe you should write a letter to Malouf or the membership manager. And you don't need to SHOUT at us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:59 pm 
Trevor Keogh

maybe i will you a*** licker