Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:39 am 
Harry Vallence

11. Cain Ackland – 3.5

Was the obvious recruiting disappointment, as an undersize, mature-bodied ruckman. Played most games and I thought he was ok towards the end of the season, but does not look part of the long term future.

12. Matthew Lappin – 6

Showed glimpses at times and had a couple of days out in front of goals. Could have gone around again, but probably better for Carlton’s development that he didn’t. Excellent servant of the club and deserves to be remembered well.

13. Luke Blackwell – 3.5

Didn’t get enough opportunities under Pagan and didn’t develop as well as I’d like. Played some excellent footy in the magoos, but needs to develop a defensive side and work on pace. Disposal is not as bad as is often reported, but his kicking lacks penetration.

14. Brad Fisher – 7

Best season for Blues and probably the only other player that might have been in fanciful contention for All-Australian squad of 40. Kicking improved a lot and he stayed on the park as well. Another graduate of 2002 draft (Goddard/Wells), which was reasonably weak. If re-done now, Simpson and Fisher would probably both be Top 10-15.

15. David Teague – 0

Not played and let go. Given he played Round 22 last year, I wonder if the club asked him to retire then and he refused. Courageous player, but right decision not to play him once his future was decided.

16. Shaun Grigg – 2.5

Struggled earlier when promoted, but played one or two ok games late. Looks very tall for a potential midfield option and has a raking left foot kick. Hopefully he improves and plays regular senior footy next year.

17. Setanta O’hAilpin – 5.5

Hard to believe he’d only played 12 games prior to this year. Was an important season as he might have been gone if he didn’t step up. Showed amazing skills for a big man at times and his goals were a highlight. Will hopefully settle as a KP defender, who can pinch-hit elsewhere.

18. Paul Bower – 4

Looked out of his depth early in the year and too skinny. I thought he was excellent in the last few games, although he has a dodgy handball technique and an occasional “rabbit in the headlightsâ€