Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

Unfortunately for the skiier.. Denis will ask him to take off his helmet and his downhill skiier suit and goggles strip him bare like an African artichoke and have a look at his heart.
Fortunately for the club the skiier doesnt have to convince you BlueMark with what he is worth..
He might have to join the Tin Man and the Scarecrow ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:12 pm 
Craig Bradley

fullmont101 wrote:
BlueMark wrote:
If the skier doesn't get 30 possessions, kicks a bag, lays 15 tackles and breaks a leg then he is in for the biggest burst since Kakatoa. Weak greedy self centred bastard.

Not bad BlueMark but u left out something about the leadership.

Leadership!!! Wot LEADERSHIP, there isn't bloodly any!!!!!!

*Now for the bit about Dennis and the Match Committee....Oh Synbad already mentioned it in above post*....(Puffs up chest)......Dennis is gonna play swapcards with the entire list and then you will see, you will.........so there......pffffttttt.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:17 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

BlueMark wrote:
If the skier doesn't get 30 possessions, kicks a bag, lays 15 tackles and breaks a leg then he is in for the biggest burst since Kakatoa. .

Is that like Krakatoa except when it erupts it's full of S&^t?? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:19 pm 
Craig Bradley

billc3 wrote:
BlueMark wrote:
If the skier doesn't get 30 possessions, kicks a bag, lays 15 tackles and breaks a leg then he is in for the biggest burst since Kakatoa. .

Is that like Krakatoa except when it erupts it's full of S&^t?? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueMark wrote:
fullmont101 wrote:
BlueMark wrote:
If the skier doesn't get 30 possessions, kicks a bag, lays 15 tackles and breaks a leg then he is in for the biggest burst since Kakatoa. Weak greedy self centred bastard.

Not bad BlueMark but u left out something about the leadership.

Leadership!!! Wot LEADERSHIP, there isn't bloodly any!!!!!!

*Now for the bit about Dennis and the Match Committee....Oh Synbad already mentioned it in above post*....(Puffs up chest)......Dennis is gonna play swapcards with the entire list and then you will see, you will.........so there......pffffttttt.

:lol:

Are you still cut Mark that i said he would trade the list if he had to and you swore black and blue that our list in 2003 "was great and Denis would not play swap cards Synbad"and im a rumour monger and Synbad listens to the gossip of the terraces and Synbad doesnt know what hes talking about.. he is a rumour monger.. blah blah blah.." and 2 days later in the paper that story was out..
And because ive actually pre empted alot of whats happened.. the cull.. the Beaumont, Manton situation.. advertisers and sponsors.. Walker.. Stevens.. Scotland..Whitnall, Hulme, Angwin, Xmas break ups...Pagans re signing and terms.. etc etc etc????
I have been wrong very seldom Mark..

Youve abused and tried to discredit me.. each time.. and ive always been shown to be correct.
Spaghetti munchers USC, (who some happen to be my friends and others dont) .. your continual running down of what i break in here... i love it Mark!!! im really enjoying over two years you hanging it on my news and each time ive been on the Blue Mark.

You hate it dont you???... "rumour monger Synbad!!!" "whispers from the terraces Synbad" blah blah blah.. well ive enjoyed every moment of our stoushes Blue Mark.. ive enjoyed every second of you just trying to have a go... keep it coming.. youll keep being wrong.. :wink:
As for me a mad Carlton supporter. I dont support the players i support the club. I support the players when theyre supporting the club. Ive never bagged Franchina.. yes i know he wasnt much chop but he was a club man. I dont bag the kids.. i dont bag the president or Collo.. I stood outside Optus and missed the first quarter of the Melb game to get signatures to support Collo and this club.
"The Spaghetti munching rabble " as youve put it.. are a group of Carlton supporters each with different views of club issues who have done alot of good to this footy club because they care. They didnt get paid by anyone to start the ball rolling on getting rid of Elliott. They did it before they even had a ticket to support.
Spaghetti rabble terrace rumpur mongers or not Mark, they arent all Italian, there are Greeks, Jews, Italians, Lebanese Aussies associated with that group of people.
You dont know anything about anything..

My 'terrace rumour mongering 'as you have always charged me with happens to have more information for the average Carlton supporting punter that views the boards than you would like.
My sources are many and varied. If i choose to watch training from up in front of the Social Club should be none of your business.

"Rumour monger" am i???

My material over the years speaks for itself.... just as i do when it comes to my own personal beliefs. .. trying to belittle my stuff only exposes you because most people that know me know im usually on the ball.

What was that about my agenda again Mark???
Do you really think i have an agenda re Whitnall and Campo??
Im so sick of playing for the Bullants if only whitnall and Campo wernt playing in the firsts id get a game...

I just love Carlton.. but i love them with a dose of reality... not fantasy

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:35 pm 
Craig Bradley

Got im :lol:

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

Sure you did BM. Sure you got me....nice try .. youre the hunter .. im the hunted!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

now now kids

do i have to get the super nanny to put you in different corners

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:56 pm 
Craig Bradley

Look Synbad, we all apprieate the info you give us and some of the insights. It is the presentation of the information that at times grate and I am not the only one that gets annoyed. There is no doubt you have a previledged position that most supporters would kill for but by being selective about the info you give out ie Whitnals injury last year, which we both knew about or Whits extra sessions which again we both knew about and only report information that will only hold certain players in a bad light, only puts in question your motives.

Report the good and the bad and allow the people, who in the main are intelligent people, on this site and elsewhere to make informed judgements about what you report , when you offer opinion make it clear that it is your opinion not someone elses.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mark

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nah Prez, this had to come to a head with BlueMark and myself. I actually did try and bring it up in person and thought we understood each other.. Unfortunately it didnt.. and the "Synbad (rumour monger doesnt know what he is talking about Friend of the terrace whisperers (i hate him cos he breaks all the stories what can i do to discredit him continued)
If Mark wants to keep this going he can talk to me in person about it.. just as i did with him as i was giving him a lift home AGAIN 2 years ago.. but he wanted to keep the snide discrediting going)

All i will say to BM is i think im pretty accurate ... so whats there to discredit???

Im ready for a warning... if im warranted one.
I will also meet with BM over a beer if he want to discuss this further..

So ill leave it at that.. but BM you talk about my agenda.. but i told you what your agenda was 2 YEARS ago with me saying stuff on here. ..

Also want to add that there were a host of other people helping out with the 'Support the Club' Campaign.. so if it sounded like i did it alone .. i didnt.

Now that i have put things straight i can get back to what i do best eh Mark? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueMark wrote:
Look Synbad, we all apprieate the info you give us and some of the insights. It is the presentation of the information that at times grate and I am not the only one that gets annoyed. There is no doubt you have a previledged position that most supporters would kill for but by being selective about the info you give out ie Whitnals injury last year, which we both knew about or Whits extra sessions which again we both knew about and only report information that will only hold certain players in a bad light, only puts in question your motives.

Report the good and the bad and allow the people, who in the main are intelligent people, on this site and elsewhere to make informed judgements about what you report , when you offer opinion make it clear that it is your opinion not someone elses.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

Cheers

Mark

Your problem isnt about Whitnall Mark.. it started with the debate about trades 2 years ago. I said Denis will trade heavily and you dismissed me as a wanker and all we need to do is tweak the squad. Tweak the squad???
You said its not "swap cards"
Whitnall had injuries but so does everyone else.
For example Houlihan had a hamstring operation pre season last year and didnt start training till late January.. he also had a groin problem and after the game with the Crows he couldnt sit down on the plane he had to stand up all the way.
Injuries are a part of football...everyone has them,....nobody is playing without something . Go into the rooms after tha game and take alook at the ice packs all over them.

Denis thought Whitnall should have been traded because .. he ate the wrong foods and he can still ride a bike or swim.. You have to want it BM.!!! Our players have to want to bs succesful.. we dont have the luxury of not worrying about it. Were at the bottom.
Fitzroy 50 yrs ago had won 8 premierships ..
Richmond were the main rivals of Carlton as i grew up... Where have they been all this time???

What people dont get is were 10 years from our last premiership and yet we want to cut players slack cos they did ok yearrrrrrs ago!!!

sorry..!! its too easy to be the next Richmond.. or worse still Fitzroy.
Look at North... no money.. no vans.. Archer gets a Hun contract and donates the proceeds to the club to buy a van for match day...They came in on their day off to re do the club rooms...
thats what Denis wants!!!!
Not that our players have to do stuff like that.. but its a culture!!! Thats how you get yourself up off the floor!!Its leadership and caring!!!!

Our blokes wont even stay back to practice their kicking.

We look at things from 2 different perspectives Mark.. sorry mate!! I know what it takes to build something from scratch..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

I love listening to this record..... over and over and over again.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:44 pm 
Harry Vallence

i'm with Synbad on this one...he's the only one with any regular news that's true. I have never met the guy but he obviously loves the Club and let's us know his news and opinions and makes this site worth reading.

I don't careif he is slightly biased, we all are in some way. Synbad is only supporting Denis in trying to win us a flag. And if we think we can do so with Whits at CHF, then we are kidding ourselves. Look at the CHF of the past 6 flags....Tredrea, Brown, Hird, Carey...it's a fair bunch and the big red man just doesn't cut it.

Keep up the good work Synbad and ignore the pesky know nothing but what they readin the papers posters....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:11 pm 
Ken Hunter

Sticks maybe you shouldn't show your ignorance... I understand both points but believe me Mark's info does not come from papers. Try and show some respect or keep out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Good luck tonight Lance. Hope you are BOG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:34 pm 
Rod Ashman

After all that has been said, Lance looks like playing.

Everything else was just pure drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:40 pm 
Robert Walls

I'll bite :)

pretty much both synbad and bluemark have my respect as posters - both in terms of the information they can gather and the content of their posts (for the most part).

I do have a problem with some posts though with respect to repeated comments against certain players - however I'll be the first to admit that I'm a sentimental idiot (love romance of f/s picks, 10year or 1 club players etc) so it probably grates with me a bit more. For the most part, I'll just gloss over/ignore the posts which bug me but on ocassion I will post thing to counterbalance what I see as slightly biased/extreme views. Having said that though, I would like to see less of the personal stuff - people shouldnt feel the need to make make comments about others or to defend themselves on this board (and that goes for those on both sides of the fence). Its a footy board though at times it doesnt read as such which gets annoying to say the least. I'm not saying you guys should make love to each other, but perhaps a bit more respect all round would be appreciated by the other posters :)

On a side note - playing personel and the premiership. How far away do people think that we are from being a genuine chance? For all the get rid of whitnall/campo/kouta/davies/livingston/wiggins/prendergast (basically insert whipping boy of the month) threads that I've read in the past couple of years some players are seldom come under scrutiny or criticised objectively - 2 that readily spring to mind are scotland and deluca.

and as a side side note (can you tell I'd like people to move on from the other topic? ;)) - Fev! - he gets slammed by posters when he doesnt perform adequately and deified when he plays well. Why is it so hard for people to think about his role in the team a bit more before posting the latest sign him up at all costs or trade him at all costs threads :) - fwiw, I think Fev is a good player, with very good potential to be great - HOWEVER, I dont think we will win a flag with him. He is too inconsistent for mine and I dont think he has the personality traits to 'mature' quickly enough as a player. Not saying he cant, but if we take richo as an example, he has only matured this year after 12 seasons of AFL. Can we afford to wait that long with Fev? Not saying that Fev cant change quicker, but I suspect it will take something dramatic like being put up for trade or indeed even being traded before he can take that next step - recall the dramatic change in attitude/performance by after he was threatened (brittain/pagan changeover) - he has pretty much stagnated since then (fallen into a comfort zone perhaps). Fwiw, the whole shopping around/trade thing was something richmond should have done years ago with richo - I think it would have made a very real difference to their performances over the past 10yrs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:54 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

I'll bite too. Blue Mark & Synbad, settle down blokes. Obviously there's history here but we at TC enjoy the input of both of you, so please agree to differ and move on.

PS - Synbad, I've read with enthusiasm your ever-increasing TC contributions. Please keep them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:24 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Removed....

Last edited by bosman on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:27 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Removed.......