Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Removed......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:29 pm 
Robert Walls

removed? - is whitnall out or?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:32 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

4thchicken wrote:
removed? - is whitnall out or?

My brother is at the game and Whitnall was out there in the warmup...

but on the player list on afl . com . au whitnall wasn't listed and prenda was in..... Never trust afl . com . au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:36 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

whitnall is in....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:37 pm 
Robert Walls

ahh ok - guess I'll have to bank on emergencies for the dreamteam if he is out

Post subject: CS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:37 pm 
Geoff Southby

Gotta agree CS.Good to see The Big Sinner get back amongst it.Sorta like letting a fox loose in a chicken coop.

Post subject: Re: CS
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:43 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Mickstar wrote:
Gotta agree CS.Good to see The Big Sinner get back amongst it.Sorta like letting a fox loose in a chicken coop.

Yep, love both BM and Synbad.

They are both great blokes, but never be afraid to have a go at either of them if you think they are talking crap.

Keep everybody honest, but do not be worried about getting flack back, as long as you remain civil and try to pick things apart with some sort of logic it is great to read.

If we all agreed it would be a boring world indeed. Viva la difference!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:30 am 
Craig Bradley

I wouldn't worry about history, Synbad and I will have a beer and argue as per usual it is a Ying Yang thing. I tend to look to the positatives. Synbad looks to the negetatives. Synbad overstates. I tend to understate that is simply a personality thing. Neither are copletly wrong or right.

Both Synbad and I can get pretty much the same info, it is the spin that is put on it that is the problem. Synbad attends training, I pick up a phone and talk to the people I need to ( and that is only because I was involved in the club during the dark time). It is the reason why I believe the 600 000 figure re Campos salary is incorrect, it is the maximum he can earn in a year, the real figure is much closer to 500 000, probably less.

There are a couple of things I would like to clear up though.

During the revolt against John I broke a lot of inside information and yes it was fed to me and yes it was bad. I said this at the time and I will say it now. Breaking that news hurt, it hurt a lot and it is not something I am proud of. Also when I broke the news about the player revolt with my :"Rats in the Ranks post on TBV I resisted urging to do so for a week, again it was not something I was proud of. And something I copped a lot of flak for.

During the Great Cull of players I knew who was going and my opinion was sought, and I still know the real reason why a player walked out and why a certain player was literally cut from the squad six weeks out from seasons end. I was critical of Synbad at the time not because of what he knew but the way that it appeared to me in the way he was revelling in it. Me I was heart broken that such a thing could happen to the club. It should be noted three weeks before the end of that season I nominated exactly the numbers of players that were leaving. I thought it impolite to actually name names. Again a personality thing.

Last year I was involved in assiting a staff member, out of hours who was involved on a day to day basis with the players. Thus I knew what was going on with a couple of players. My problem with Synbad at that time was that I felt that if I knew I figured he must have and yet he chose to attack these players and I felt he was being dishonest. Maybe I was right maybe I was wrong.

The difference though between Synbad and myself is that I tend to look at positives first negetatives second and I tend to surround myself with positive poeple, not Rah rah wankers but people who look at a problem and look to see how it is best resolved using available resources. One of the reasons I moved form sitting near the USC is because of the non stop whinging that went on (Synbad will raise the claim that the USC lead the revolt against John, they were part of it yes, but somebody had to put the idea in thier heads and somebody had to convince C1 to stand, the revolt was the convergence of a number of disseffected groups, not any one group).

I have also been privledged to have spoken to Dennis at length 4 or 5 times in the last 18 months and I have always found him to be honest and forthcoming about a number of issues so long as the questions are relevant and intelligent. But I would never claim to know him or what he is thinking other than what he has told me directly. So for someone to claim to know what Dennis is thinking and post as such is to be misleading. One can assume to what Dennis is thinking, but unless it is a direct quote, do not claim it as so.

There is more than one poster who has inside access and when they post (a couple in particular) I know the info is impartial and without predijuice. I have no doubt that Synbad has the club at heart and that he loves the Blues as much as anyone else, but he does not love it more than the next bloke and nor should he infer that he does.

But as someone has previously posted Viva La Differenec or We keep each other honest and that can only be to the good.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:02 am 
Bruce Doull

Youre positive and im negative??? lol

ok...

we will leave it at that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:33 am 
Adrian Gallagher

BlueMark: :I wouldn't worry about history..." BM, sounds like you do.

We readers don't know the in close stuff like you blokes. We want info as you see / hear it, good and bad. Spin it as you want then others will come in and agree or bag the crap out of you. Simple.

PS - You boil the egg, you leave it to cool down, you pearce the top (always keeping it upright), then you suck...