Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Mark Riley
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:20 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Congrats to Mark Riley who bowed out of coaching with a premiership at St Bernards on Saturday. He's contributed a lot to AFL and community football for about 30 years and was treated pretty shabbily by our club at the end.
Well done to Adam Bentick who played under him and at 34 years of age, had 48 disposals and 21 clearances. :lol:
I watched St Bernards play Old Carey earlier this year and Bentick just trotted around the middle of the ground like an old school centreman and collected his usual 30+ possies.

At the Old Carey game, I went out and listened to Riley's first quarter address. He's the most relaxed, uncomplicated bloke you could ever listen to but he could dish out a decent spray in his day as well. All the best in retirement.

Thanks BV. How was he treated shabbily by us? (genuine question)

He was given the boot when Malthouse came in. Even though he was contracted and had been promised a role.
Typical flowerstick Malthouse. Anyone who wasn't a yes man was never going to get a role.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:30 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:
Congrats to Mark Riley who bowed out of coaching with a premiership at St Bernards on Saturday. He's contributed a lot to AFL and community football for about 30 years and was treated pretty shabbily by our club at the end.
Well done to Adam Bentick who played under him and at 34 years of age, had 48 disposals and 21 clearances. :lol:
I watched St Bernards play Old Carey earlier this year and Bentick just trotted around the middle of the ground like an old school centreman and collected his usual 30+ possies.

At the Old Carey game, I went out and listened to Riley's first quarter address. He's the most relaxed, uncomplicated bloke you could ever listen to but he could dish out a decent spray in his day as well. All the best in retirement.

Thanks BV. How was he treated shabbily by us? (genuine question)

He was given the boot when Malthouse came in. Even though he was contracted and had been promised a role.
Typical flowerstick Malthouse. Anyone who wasn't a yes man was never going to get a role.

Thanks for responding BV.

Malthouse hate aside, I would have thought it’s fairly typical for a new coach to change the assistants over. I expect Teague will do the same.

Anyway, best wishes to Bomber; a distinguished member of the caretaker coach club :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:50 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

aboynamedsue wrote:

Malthouse hate aside, I would have thought it’s fairly typical for a new coach to change the assistants over. I expect Teague will do the same.

Anyway, best wishes to Bomber; a distinguished member of the caretaker coach club :thumbsup:

I agree. The difference is Teagues assistants would all probably know by now if they've got a gig. Riley was told he had a job and was ditched late October from memory when most other roles were filled.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:25 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Blue Vain wrote:
aboynamedsue wrote:

I agree. The difference is Teagues assistants would all probably know by now if they've got a gig. Riley was told he had a job and was ditched late October from memory when most other roles were filled.
:thumbsup:
Cheers for the update BV..
Good mate of Ratts... Wonder whether they'll be getting the band back together at Moorabbin :lol:

Go Blues