Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:32 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/04/28/1114635689201.html
The Age has reported that the Kangas will stay at Arden Street and have subsequently received $2 million of ratepayers money from the MCC. Even thought they are on life support, need their coaches to lay concrete for ice baths, the players wanted to move and they would have had joint access to $20 million state of the art facility.
You'd have to say it's a backward move considering Carlton were giving up more than North in allowing equal access to Princes Park and Arden St in Adolf Demeitriou's words is dreadfull. Now the cash strapped Roos will have to find $5 million to fund it, so good luck Kangas! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:11 am 
Ken Hunter

How does this affect the OO redevelopment?
We needed two additional bodies to share our ground and that is the reason we have prostituted ourselves out. I have a strange feeling that we are going to get shafted here and the money promised to redevelop the ground WILL NOT be available.

Last edited by SurreyBlue on Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:21 am 
Bob Chitty

Agree SurreyBlue - this smells!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:37 am 
Stephen Kernahan

This club (Kangas) is really starting to shit me. We want this...We want that...We deserve this... We want someone else to pay for it.
Grand plans as long as someone else is footing the bill. The AFL should tell them to @#$%&! off like they did to Carlton when we wanted to move to the MCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:47 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

# Meanwhile, somewhere in melbourne ThePrez's ears prick and a shiver goes down his spine, 'something is going on! I have got to get to TC!' he thinks to himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:56 am 
Bruce Doull

In other news the Kangaroos are auditioning for the next stage production of Oliver.
"Please Sir, may I have some more?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:00 am 
Bruce Doull

SurreyBlue wrote:
How does this affect the OO redevelopment?
We needed two additional bodies to share our ground and that is the reason we have prostituted ourselves out. I have a strange feeling that we are going to get shafted here and the money promised to redevelop the ground WILL NOT be available.

How did we prostitute ourselves out???

The re development will go ahead.
North will fold in the long term. Stupid decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

If North want to cling to the past a la Leon Weigard & Fitzroy (not moving to Brisbane en masse in 1986 as Fitzroy) then they will suffer the same fate. Hanging onto your traditions is fine but when it sets you further back than your opposition in the process then it is a slow road to folding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Jarusa wrote:
# Meanwhile, somewhere in melbourne ThePrez's ears prick and a shiver goes down his spine, 'something is going on! I have got to get to TC!' he thinks to himself.

Gee I hope you're wrong Jaroos. The whole Home Ground debate thingy gave me bloody migraines last year! :(

:wink:

YARRAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Very short sighted decision by the Roo's. It will be only a matter of time now a decade at most

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:02 pm 
Craig Bradley

Jarusa wrote:

was having a few issues with TC but they seemed to have worked out.

But, do i dare suggest the big "I flower TOLD YOU SO"

Never ever trust the AFL with anything they say, the will change their mind and shaft us in the process if they feel like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:24 pm 
Bruce Doull

ThePrez wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

was having a few issues with TC but they seemed to have worked out.

But, do i dare suggest the big "I F@%&#! TOLD YOU SO"

Never ever trust the AFL with anything they say, the will change their mind and shaft us in the process if they feel like it.
The AFL always said if you get 3 bodies to join you , you have the grant. How did they dick us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:43 pm 
Craig Bradley

come on synbad, there where a heap of you guys that said unless we moved we wouldnt get the grant and alot of you where using that as argument for moving otherwise we would have to pay for the redevelopment ourselves.

now its, we have to move AS WELL as get 3 other bodies before they will give us funding

just a joke - now the roos have pulled out does that mean we are shafted and in the end got absoultly nothing from the move?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:07 pm 
Craig Bradley

wouldnt mind actually getting the AFL umpires on the board.

for no other reason that the AFL is always going to look after the facilities that the umpires use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:30 pm 
Ken Hunter

Scotty, don't forget the TV coverage exposure thingy either, or the good draw, etc..... :roll:
But I better not, I am just a sick twisted individual who knows nothing. Nothing I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:41 pm 
Craig Bradley

you and me both mate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:32 pm 
Bruce Doull

Scott the first thing we had to do before we can do anything was move out. Thats not just from the AFL but the state govt and the Melb City Council....
Once we were out of there (Because noones going to give you jack if you stay there as noone wants us there) then we just have to find 2 other co tentants..
Surrey you dont know much about much so stip pretending)Just because a couple of clubs dont jump aboard for various reasons doesnt mean it wont go ahead... The umpires will jump aboard.

Its still going to go through....

Stop this whineing about the AFL because there are other forces at play here as well.
Including we cant possibly stay at Optus SURREY.. cos its shit