Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:03 pm 
Trevor Keogh

Synbad wrote:
i think Adam Bentick is extremely unlucky so far to not get a run. My guess is Johnson is keeping him out at the moment.
Theyre both quality young blokes.

You're right Synbad. Adam has been extremely hungry for the footy and hard at the ball consistently all year, I think he's not too far off - just one bad Johnson game and he's in, based on form.

Be sure all of you watch the Bullants highlights during the halftime break on ABC TV this week for a nice little package of the Eddie & Carlos show. Bodes well for the future...

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

Worth noting that all of the ins would be in the top 10 kicks of the footy at the club.

Scotland, Simmo, Bannister & Eddie all very good shots at goal, and with Scotland's and Simmo's disposal further up the ground we might see some balls coming into the forward 50 on target and at markable height.

This is said (slightly) tongue in cheek, but having Justin "Sprays like a tomcat in heat" Davies on the sidelines might improve our conversion rate too :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Ponkstar wrote:
This is said (slightly) tongue in cheek, but having Justin "Sprays like a tomcat in heat" Davies on the sidelines might improve our conversion rate too :wink:

:D :D :D :D Best news I've seen in a long time. It's made me immeasurably more confident. Let's hope Denis keeps him out as long as he usually keeps people out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:29 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Yep.. Go Blues

Go Simmo

GO EVERYONE!

Post subject: Diggers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:44 pm 
Geoff Southby

Amazed Digby didnt get a gig.Has the ability to snavle a bag.Seemed like the ideal replacement for Fev.Can also play back.We look too short to me.Couple of talls short for mine.

Adam Bentick is definatly stiff,but his chance will come,and its just a matter of biding his time.

I think it was Frank who suggested Digby and Teauge dont appear to be as sparkling as last year.Gotta agree,and you can also add Scooter for mine.Not way down on last year,but noticable all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:53 pm 
Rod Ashman

I can only sit here and shake my head in disbelief!!! :shock:

Tomorrow night the season will go from bad to considerably worse. One key defender? Waite at FF??? The clubs gone mad.

Synbad, I agree with you that Norman does not want to be at the club or playing AFL. He doesn't have the hunger for it. He will be gone by the end of the year. I dont know what to think. I didn't think our situation was this bad. Are our key position stocks that bad??? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:11 pm 
Craig Bradley

marciblue wrote:
I can only sit here and shake my head in disbelief!!! :shock:

Tomorrow night the season will go from bad to considerably worse. One key defender? Waite at FF??? The clubs gone mad.

Synbad, I agree with you that Norman does not want to be at the club or playing AFL. He doesn't have the hunger for it. He will be gone by the end of the year. I dont know what to think. I didn't think our situation was this bad. Are our key position stocks that bad??? :(

Gee Marci - do ya reckon they will all be playing in those exact positions all night?

Yes, it's not exactly brimming with height, but I guess Pagan thinks we should play to our strengths. Hawks aren't the tallest team going around either.

After 2 road trips we need fresh legs to compete with Hawthorn's midfield, and that's exactly what we got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:13 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Boy we losing tall players and not puting any in, i thought Norman would stay or a tall player would replace him like Morrell even thou he hasn't been doing that well. If we lose i bet all the papers will give it to us and there going to be some angry people posting i bet.

We have to win agains't Hawthorn they are the weakest side you would think in the AFL but they still have players that can win games like Everitt,Crawford and a few others.

If we lose, our season is officially over i know it's round 6 but i can't see us winning 10 of the last 16,we might even need to win 11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:17 pm 
Serge Silvagni

sticksaftersiren87 wrote:

OUT: Glen Bowyer - Omitted
Justin Davies - Omitted
Karl Norman - Omitted
Brendan Fevola - Suspended 2 weeks

BlueJean wrote:
OUT: Fevola(susp), Norman, Bowyer, Davies.

Gee, I'm getting good at this? :wink:

Great minds think alike. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hartlett, Deluca, Livingston, Setanta will be given every opportunity next year.
I really cant see Digby on the list... i think Norman is gaaaaaaaaaawn.. and Whitnall will need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to be at the club next year.
Id say they will make a huge play for Longmuir and draft talls again. We actually need an injection of class/ talent recruiting drafting. I think it might get interesting if we lose the next 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:24 pm 
John Nicholls

I think the fact that Digby isn't playing this week really says something about what Denis thinks about Digby and his future at Carlton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:25 pm 
Craig Bradley

Synbad wrote:
Hartlett, Deluca, Livingston, Setanta will be given every opportunity next year.
I really cant see Digby on the list... i think Norman is gaaaaaaaaaawn.. and Whitnall will need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to be at the club next year.
Id say they will make a huge play for Longmuir and draft talls again. We actually need an injection of class/ talent recruiting drafting. I think it might get interesting if we lose the next 2.

I read in the paper today that Kosi from the Saints is out of contract at the end of the year.

He'd do nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

I dont think Denis thinks much of Bryan, Diggers or Norman if they cant make the current team.
It has the stench of Mott from last year and even a touch of the Lindsay Smiths about it. With a pinch of Stevie Kennas.

Norman is a shoo in football talent wise but he doesnt want it.
Diggers is too slow and he lacks intensity.
Bryan isnt imposing himself physically for such a big boy.

Still ... we have Setanta Hartlett Batson and Aisake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:34 pm 
Craig Bradley

Interesting set up.

Not suprised to see Karl dropped. If Justin had managed to snag a few more goals from his shots he would still be in. Dissappointed that Bowyer was dropped.

Eddie getting back in will do his confidence a world of good. Just needs to get his hands on the ball more. Hint Eddie, go front and centre when Whits is in a contested mark situation, you will get the ball shoved down your thoat everytime. have lost count the number of times Whits has put the ball front and centre this year only to find nobody there.

Given that Carlos has been mentioned already I cannot wait for him to be elevated to the senior list. He is going to be sensational.

Attack is the best option tomorrow night. We need to get on top early and break hawthorn, if it gets to be an arm wrestle I reckon we might struggle.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:38 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Synbad wrote:
I dont think Denis thinks much of Bryan, Diggers or Norman if they cant make the current team.
It has the stench of Mott from last year and even a touch of the Lindsay Smiths about it. With a pinch of Stevie Kennas.

Norman is a shoo in football talent wise but he doesnt want it.
Diggers is too slow and he lacks intensity.
Bryan isnt imposing himself physically for such a big boy.

Still ... we have Setanta Hartlett Batson and Aisake.

I think it may aslo be a double whammy....a bit of a message PLUS a desperate requirement for fresh/fast legs!

Hawthorn have looked good at one time and one time only (v Ess/Lions?KAng) and that is when they run....no great marking, no great pack busting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueMark wrote:
. Hint Eddie, go front and centre when Whits is in a contested mark situation, you will get the ball shoved down your thoat everytime. have lost count the number of times Whits has put the ball front and centre this year only to find nobody there.

Thats actually called a dropped mark if noones there ..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:45 pm 
Bob Chitty

GO to ANZAC TRAINING

Read my comment about NORMAN

Why are you surprised. Anyone at training including my 2yr old could've worked out that He was walking a tightrope and obviously fell off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:47 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Also, French has been great this year but this game is his "full on" test!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

Can see why you didn't play on beyond the U12s Synbad. The ability to bring the ball down from a pack situation to your crumbers feet is a crucial skill Synbad. maybe I should bring a footy down to training one day and demonstrate, actually they practise it at training quiet regularly, think you should pay more attention to training rather than swapping spaghetti sauce recipes with the USC.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:52 pm 
Bruce Doull

SHHH! wrote:
GO to ANZAC TRAINING

Read my comment about NORMAN

Why are you surprised. Anyone at training including my 2yr old could've worked out that He was walking a tightrope and obviously fell off!

Im not surprised.. he was on his last legs for the Port game he did ok and then did jack against Freo.
Norman had a point to prove to the club and team mates and he didnt care...its a reflection on where he is with his life at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next