Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:05 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

BlueMark wrote:
The ability to bring the ball down from a pack situation to your crumbers feet is a crucial skill ...actually they practise it at training quiet regularly.

It's one of the best things.

All good and well if the big guys hold their marks, but it won't happen all the time, and sprinting your guts out to get to the contest and rove the spoil is like magic. Especially when you leave your opponent for dust. Betts does it beautifully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueMark wrote:
Can see why you didn't play on beyond the U12s Synbad. The ability to bring the ball down from a pack situation to your crumbers feet is a crucial skill Synbad. maybe I should bring a footy down to training one day and demonstrate, actually they practise it at training quiet regularly, think you should pay more attention to training rather than swapping spaghetti sauce recipes with the USC.

Not when there are no crumbers. Thats stupidity. Were you taught to bring the ball to ground instead of mark when youre alone??? :lol:

You said theres noone there when he does it. in my book thats a guy who cant mark ...

Whats wrong with spaghetti sauce recipes??? I love spaghetti... better than can food. :wink: Beanz Meinz HEinz....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:12 pm 
John Nicholls

Quote:
Were you taught to bring the ball to ground instead of mark when youre alone???

Jason Cloke was.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

phoenix johnson wrote:
Quote:
Were you taught to bring the ball to ground instead of mark when youre alone???

Jason Cloke was.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some footballers who play like that.., they apparently have been taught to bring the ball to ground when there are no crumbers instead of mark the bloody thing.
I think some blokes cant mark a contested mark so bring the ball to ground cos its too hot for them to do anything else with it.
At training you bring the ball to ground for the crumbers.. i saw them do that while i was taking down recipes for spaghetti sauce. i can do two things at the one time.
Anyone who has no recovery and brings the ball to ground to noone in particular is actually helping the opposition sweep it away into their forward line and costing us a goal.
Bringing the ball to ground hundreds of times to noone in particular???? :lol:
Thats meant to be a good trait???

I think that means that we need a guy that can take contested marks. Which means we control the ball in our forward line instead of having it cleared away faster than it came in.

I also noticed some players disappearing instead of doing kicking training as soon as the main part of training was up...

See BM , i do pay attention. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:21 pm 
John Nicholls

Quote:
I also noticed some players disappearing instead of doing kicking training as soon as the main part of training was up...

Groundhog Day!

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:23 pm 
Bruce Doull

phoenix johnson wrote:
Quote:

Groundhog Day!

i love that movie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

phoenix johnson wrote:
Quote:

Groundhog Day!

Yep,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:28 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Synbad wrote:
I think that means that we need a guy that can take contested marks. Which means we control the ball in our forward line instead of having it cleared away faster than it came in.

Oh no. This is bad. Does this mean we have no-one on our list who can take a contested mark? No-one at all? Gee willikers this is bad. Who do we have? It's Fisher isn't it! Fisher! But he's injured. Oh my we're in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:55 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

So LAdson and Jacobs out and Roughead and Fraklin in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:55 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think our stts man should come up with the stat on how many contested marks we have had inside our 50.

And verbs?? in case you havent noticed were not looking flash .. no.. :wink:

You just get back to the hairsplitting... and let stats man come up with that stat for us and a ranking for inside 50 contested marks. Also how many our CHF hs taken...(contested) and then we might get an appreciation about how valuable a player like Fisher is to this side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:59 pm 
John Nicholls

billc3 wrote:
So LAdson and Jacobs out and Roughead and Fraklin in?

Nah, Billy.
Smith and Hay IN, Buddy and Roughie OUT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:00 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Synbad wrote:
Also how many our CHF hs taken...(contested)..

Well there was that "juggly" one that fell into his arms in the goalsquare in the Essendon* game. :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:04 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Synbad wrote:
You just get back to the hairsplitting... and let stats man come up with that stat for us and a ranking for inside 50 contested marks. Also how many our CHF hs taken...(contested) and then we might get an appreciation about how valuable a player like Fisher is to this side...

Turns the volume down...that's the thing...people just stop listening as it keeps on spinning around and around and around...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:09 pm 
Bruce Doull

verbs wrote:
Synbad wrote:

Turns the volume down...that's the thing...people just stop listening as it keeps on spinning around and around and around...

uh huh yes u do!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:24 pm 
Rod Ashman

Ponkstar wrote:
Gee Marci - do ya reckon they will all be playing in those exact positions all night?

probably not, but even when you move them around the situation ain't much better!!! :shock:

I know the WC ain't the real thing but how bad have the wheels fallen off if the limited list of talls we have at the club can't crack it for a game when there are injuries. We can't possibly say we have Carlos and Aisake to look forward to because realistically they are both big uncertainties.

Norman don't want it!
Digby ain't got it!
Bryan can't cut it!
Livo's injured!
Carlos still learning!
So is his brother!
Pleming has stagnated at best!
Hartlett is too young and injured!

Oh brother... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:07 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Synbad wrote:
Id say they will make a huge play for Longmuir and draft talls again. We actually need an injection of class/ talent recruiting drafting. I think it might get interesting if we lose the next 2.

I am sure its going to get real interesting around the AFL Commission as they move to ensure Priority Picks are removed before this season finishes if we look like we are going to qualify for one. :wink: :roll:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:08 am 
Bob Chitty

Phoenix Johnson wrote:
Quote:
Nah, Billy.
Smith and Hay IN, Buddy and Roughie OUT.

I think billc is being sarcastic, inferring that the hawks are playing silly buggers with their selections.

I too expect one or two changes in that hawks lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:35 am 
Rod Ashman

I'm totally not confident that Carlton can produce the goods tonight because they are such a frustrating team. You almost get to the point of watching the game with vague interest because you don't want to get all frustrated and angry at a team which promised so much but is just bloody incompetent when it matters.

So I will watch the game and only if Carlton wins by a good 4 or 5 goals, will I begin to think this team is starting to pull together. A close win against a shite team, or even worse a loss against a shite team shows that there are major serious issues down at the club and questions need to be asked.

6 points from 6 games doesn't cut the mustard and shouldn't be tolerated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:17 am 
Bob Chitty

Gee I’m frustrated with Karl. We have Richmond next week with a forward line of Richardson, Simmonds, Stafford, Shultz, Hall. Are we expecting to use Thornton and Teague against this forward line??!!

Karl should be a regular in our defence. I agree he probably needed to be dropped but people on this site were saying his game against Port was his best for the club. Makes me suspect his attitude is right off the rails again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:26 am 
Bruce Doull

A couple of weeks ago Hay's hammie was reported to be a 6 weeker. Jacobs no certainty.
I reckon Frankin & Roughhead will play.
Bit surprised Karl got dropped…wasn't flash against Freo but thought he wouldn't be a bad match for Williams.

Synbad, finely chopped celery in bolognase sauce - your thoughts please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next