Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:10 am 
Bob Chitty

I think Red needs to start in the square. It’s the perfect opportunity for him. Waite to play at CHF. Croad has been in excellent form and he needs someone to make him more accountable and not willing to run off his man. Waite is the guy to do that.

Gee I hope ADL has a good game. He has kicked 15 goals over 27 games. Needs to kick around 3+ on Friday.

Think that Lappin will be needed down back – we still need a cool head down there and the hawks have a few mid sized forwards that Lappin can play on.

Betts to play deep in the forward line and Davies at HF and maybe on the ball at times.

Hopefully we can kick enough goals!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:31 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I'm for Whitnall in the goal square...with Betts as our crumber....Eddie should never have been dropped last week.
Lappin has to play forward to give us a better chance of being able to kick a winning score and give us some mobility.
Deluca does need to fire up in Fevs absence and may have to do some more rucking to help contain Everitt .....Everitt will need either French or Deluca to mind him when he goes forward..we dont want anything stupid like Teague or Morell ending up on him by default..like what usually happens when opposing rucks rest forward...

Williams is similar to Medhurst and I would think about poaying Thornton on him......Brisbane tried a variety of medium /small defenders on him but had more success with the bigger Mal Michael.
Norman on Franklin..Buddyi s fairly quick for a big bloke and on the replays I have seen its his pace that has worried opponents....I would have Bannister on the bench as insurance for Norman and Thornton.
Morell on Barker..

Sam Mitchell needs a tag.....Brett Johnson would be my man...both slow paced but Mitchell has been in rare form and needs to be kept out of the clearance action.
Kouta needs to start in the middle and stay there...he is the clearnance king and I cant understand why anyone would want him anywhere else but getting the hard ball..

I expect us to win this game and Whitnall to be the man who win its for us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:35 am 
Ken Hunter

phoenix johnson wrote:
HF: Waite Whitnall Lappin
F: Betts DeLuca Longmuir.

That's the one for me too PJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:50 am 
Stephen Kernahan

tap in 79 wrote:
Whatever it takes to win back respect from the football community, because we are close to being back to a laughing stock.

What?
We drew with the Premiers in Adelaide and lost to Freo in Perth by 19 points!

And we are close to being a laughing stock?

Last year we had 70, 80 point floggings.
Our biggest losing margin is 20 points and we've already had 2 of the hardest road trips. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:09 am 
Trevor Keogh

We should rush in Warren Ralph... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:24 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Elwood Blues1 wrote:
Kouta needs to start in the middle and stay there...he is the clearnance king and I cant understand why anyone would want him anywhere else but getting the hard ball..

Agree EB1
Some suggest he was being recalcitrant (!) when at CHB on Tredrea...and that disease went to Whitts against PAvlich.
I don't agree. Have to look at his strengths (and Whitts! Hird on Whitts....bloody great to watch...and just about a nil all draw...being generous to Hird :wink: )

Kouta watches the ball and goes for it. Add "watch your man " into the equation and
a) doesn't happen - which doesn't matter when Kouta will out body 95% of oither players
b) other players are watching him and pick the point to push or bump and get him out of the way better than he does.....

so

Midfield
Loose man in defence
Forward...what do these positions have in common?
... he only needs to watch the ball..and Kouta dominates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:58 am 
Rod Ashman

Any chance Chris Bryan might come in as a big bodied, contested mark CHF. Wouldn't expect much, just a contest and a goal with any kick he gets within 60. Bullants acolytes is he a chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

The Shag wrote:
Any thoughts on who will cover:
1) Roughead - he could be a saviour in disguise
2) Franklin - has shown a bit already, do we have a match up?
3) Williams - Bannister maybe??
4) Everitt if/when he goes forward.

U could also add Dixon to the list aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

redskins wrote:
We should rush in WarrenRalph... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nah. Bring back James Cook!! :wink:

Seriously though, one move we'll need to watch is Joel Smith. He's probably not in career best form atm but he has slaughtered us in the middle, tagging Kouta, in some of our recent past games.

My Fwd line would be:

HF: Waite DeLuca Lappin
F: Betts Whitnall Longmuir.

YARRAN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:10 pm 
Trevor Keogh

gerry atric wrote:
Any chance Chris Bryan might come in as a big bodied, contested mark CHF. Wouldn't expect much, just a contest and a goal with any kick he gets within 60. Bullants acolytes is he a chance?

Agreed he is an outstanding overhead mark and can kick a big goal but I don't see the polish of a AFL footballer just yet when I see him play. His second efforts leave something to be desired and don't know if he has the pace to get free of a spoiling defender.

Hopefully we'll see him in Navy later this season and find out.