Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Lead the way Kernahan
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

By resigning ... then others who can face reality can follow.

All well and good folks blaming Pagan but who from the football department on the board has presided over so many costly errors on our club.

Sticks might be a great bloke but he is not for running a football club. Kevin and Bob Rose were great Collingwood people but were not for running the club.

If one of the sources of the problem remains on the board then how do we turn things around.

I look at other teams and I see a number of 25 plus age players running around ... those clubs had the same opportunities as we did in the drafts.

I look at other teams and they have some quick wippets running around that compliment the rest of the team ... those clubs had the same opportunities as we did in the drafts.

Kernahan presides over this area and he has failed.

DON'T JUST BLAME PAGAN ... if Pagan goes how does that make us respect our losing margin, how does that all of a sudden gives us speed with the ball, how does that makes us run both ways, how does it give us good foot disposal.

I think Pagan should go but he should have gone long ago for his stand off with Mitchell. This alone is a breach of his contract. The moment Pagan did this he should have been shown the door.

I really worry about this extra draft pick (pick 1) coming into a squad that is in the state that ours is in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:40 pm 
Geoff Southby

Agree

Swann and Icke given their track records will hopefully see us right in this area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Quote:
I really worry about this extra draft pick (pick 1) coming into a squad that is in the state that ours is in.

I hear ya....

The expectancy and weight on his shoulders will be unbelievable.
Only the fact that we have a few other prize draft picks might take some pressure off him in the first year or two......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Agreed.

Pagan & Sticks have failed dismally in their roles as head honchos of the FD and both must be removed from this area.
Yes, lack of resources doesn't help but Kangas & Bulldogs have competed well with minimul resources so that can't be used as an excuse for such a poor record over the last 5 years.

Pagan should've been sacked years ago.

Sticks should join his mate big Jack amongst the coteries and stay away from the board & FD decisons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:32 pm 
Rod Ashman

You'll get no argument from me.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

dadadadada wrote:
By resigning ... then others who can face reality can follow.

All well and good folks blaming Pagan but who from the football department on the board has presided over so many costly errors on our club.

Sticks might be a great bloke but he is not for running a football club. Kevin and Bob Rose were great Collingwood people but were not for running the club.

If one of the sources of the problem remains on the board then how do we turn things around.

I look at other teams and I see a number of 25 plus age players running around ... those clubs had the same opportunities as we did in the drafts.

I look at other teams and they have some quick wippets running around that compliment the rest of the team ... those clubs had the same opportunities as we did in the drafts.

Kernahan presides over this area and he has failed.

DON'T JUST BLAME PAGAN ... if Pagan goes how does that make us respect our losing margin, how does that all of a sudden gives us speed with the ball, how does that makes us run both ways, how does it give us good foot disposal.

I think Pagan should go but he should have gone long ago for his stand off with Mitchell. This alone is a breach of his contract. The moment Pagan did this he should have been shown the door.

(NOTE : sadly... this is my 500th post on TC. And, surprisingly it is defending Pagan.)

It has to be said (and this is confirmed) that Pagan was not the lone wolf regarding the standoff with Mitchell... if you'd have read further into this, you'll know that Pagan didn't initiate the standoff - it was more orchestrated by the MC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

And what possible reason could the match commitee have for not wanting to speak to Mitchell?

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

George Harris wrote:
And what possible reason could the match commitee have for not wanting to speak to Mitchell?

Because he is not a suitable replacement for Pagan? He wasn't when the board voted on it, and based on the Bullants performance this year he still isn't. One of the tasks Icke has been given is to resolve the standoff between Pagan and Mitchell.

I'm assuming we'll see the results of this at the end of the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

In Sticks' defense, wasn't he the party responsible for getting Pratt back to the club?

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

In a way I feel sorry for Pagan to be carrying most of the blame because Stephen Kernahan has a lot to answer for our current predicament.
When will sticks ever be accountable for some of his decisions that have decimated the club?? Until he remains a power of influence at the club we will be going no where

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:24 pm 
Rod McGregor

Hold on a minute.

Last I looked, Sticks is not a paid employee of the club.

Denis is. And he is a well paid employee to boot.

So is Hughes.

Sorry, but ultimately Denis is responsible for how the team is prepared, how they approach a game, how they follow instructions, the intensity they display etc etc etc.

I hear what you say about Sticks but I can't fathom how many blokes in the media protect Pagan and Sheedy. It's almost as if they are untouchable. Coaching gods never to be questioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:29 pm 
Wayne Johnston

preacher wrote:
Hold on a minute.

Last I looked, Sticks is not a paid employee of the club.

Denis is. And he is a well paid employee to boot.

So is Hughes.

Sorry, but ultimately Denis is responsible for how the team is prepared, how they approach a game, how they follow instructions, the intensity they display etc etc etc.

I hear what you say about Sticks but I can't fathom how many blokes in the media protect Pagan and Sheedy. It's almost as if they are untouchable. Coaching gods never to be questioned.

The buck stops with the coach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

SparkyBlue wrote:
George Harris wrote:

Because he is not a suitable replacement for Pagan? He wasn't when the board voted on it, and based on the Bullants performance this year he still isn't. One of the tasks Icke has been given is to resolve the standoff between Pagan and Mitchell.

Sorry. I still don't get it.
He may not be good enough at his job, but why does that prevent people from being professional and communicating?

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:49 pm 
Harry Vallence

Kernahan, Pagan and the MC should fall on their sword....

As Mark Thompson said at one of his after match press conferences..."you're all responsibile....(pause) all of you (pause) all of you"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:36 pm 
Ken Hands

Kernahan has got to go with Pagan - for the good of the club we need a new direction.

To the Chairman of Match Committee- please let the club start again refreshed and revitalised. You have had your go - now please leave and support the club from a coterie position. You are going to undo all the good work you did as a player if you stay.

As chairman of the match committee - Kernahan makes a good log fire.

why is ackland still playing first grade?
why has it taken until week 14 or whatever for Bower to get a proper run?
why has Bryce Gibbs being played in the back pocket for almost the whole year?
etc. etc.

We have three options to prevent seeing the 120 thrashings -

1) leave the AFL and join the VFL - ala a breakaway competition with Sandringham, Port Melbourne etc. It happened 100 years ago - why can't it happen again?

2) sack pagan and ask Kernahan to leave

3) don't watch carlton play and therefore you won't know how poorly they play.

At this stage - option 3 is the most acceptable for me. I am proud to say I only watched the last quarter of this match. Therefore the pain was minimised by 3 quarters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:02 pm 
Ken Hunter

1979 Norm Smith medal wrote:

3) don't watch carlton play and therefore you won't know how poorly they play.

This has worked for me these last few weeks...not that the @#$%&! UNPRECEDENTED coverage would have it any other way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 pm 
Trevor Keogh

chubbyruss wrote:

The buck stops with the coach

The fish rots at the head, in other words. You can only go by how a coach is going by how his team is going. Need I say more. That's all we go by because we are not privy to what are the everyday workings of the coach.

We should be doing much, much better, IMO.

Wayne Carey says that it's our list because we all know where his allegiances lie.

Our list is not that bad. We are being managed poorly by the football department.

I'm sorry Denis, it is time to go

Last round Carlton made the final four for the first time.

Eventual premiers.

That's what I'm talking about!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm 
Rod Ashman

George Harris wrote:
SparkyBlue wrote:
George Harris wrote:

Sorry. I still don't get it.
He may not be good enough at his job, but why does that prevent people from being professional and communicating?

Ok, what's the reason for tying it in with the MC - and blaming them as whole for not being 'professional and communicating'!?!? You must have some rationale for not pushing this point further than this statement!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:17 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

But for F...***%%ks sake do you we only blame the coach?

What about the MC? What about recruiting?

Mate, huge questions about Stephen Kernahan?

Tell me why that our players aren't having a go, showing heart, showing

pride for wearing the NAVY BlUE jumper.

Bloody hell, talk about lack of leadership? Never has been any this year

on the field. And only lately there has been some off the field.

I just hope that this time next year are making some positive inroads.

We are bloody rabble and it shouldn't be just denis pagan that is given

the arse!!! Alot of senior players can also be shown the door!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:22 pm 
Harry Vallence

Stealth wrote:
But for F...***%%ks sake do you we only blame the coach?

What about the MC? What about recruiting?

Mate, huge questions about Stephen Kernahan?

Tell me why that our players aren't having a go, showing heart, showing

pride for wearing the NAVY BlUE jumper.

Bloody hell, talk about lack of leadership? Never has been any this year

on the field. And only lately there has been some off the field.

I just hope that this time next year are making some positive inroads.

We are bloody rabble and it shouldn't be just denis pagan that is given

the arse!!! Alot of senior players can also be shown the door!!!

A review of all departments will be conducted. No stone will be left unturned and heads will roll - guaranteed!!!!