Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 pm 
Laurie Kerr

That's right, I'm sick to death of the number of posters who have squirmed "priority picks", "season over", "TRADE FEVOLA, TRADE WHITNALL". For F***'s Sake your starting to sound like Richmond and Stkilda supporters. Yes, we haven't started as expected, but the season sure as hell ain't over. In the next two weeks we play Richmond and Hawthorn, the perfect launching pads to resurrect our season.
Here's why we will win those two games:
1: T-Bird. Easily our most important player. The whole defense is just
so shaky without him. Last week was just a "warm-in game". He'll be fit
and firing this week.
2: Teague. He's had to play on a man, which I don't think is his natural game. He is better off floating across defense taking those spectacular pack marks. Will be able to do so against Hawthorn.
3: Whitnall. Get ready. This week he fires. Have heard Whitnall has been playing with a dodgy ankle and this would explain the recent drop in form in comparison to the Wizard Cup. He was sensational in the Wizzer, and get ready for him to get back into that form this week. The ankle isn't giving him trouble any more, and you'll see a different Red out there against Hawthorn.
4: Walker. Is it just me or is this kid about to explode? He showed signs against Port, looked set to dominate against Freo, and at the fast surface of the dome, it is his time. He will explode from the blocks ala West Coast last year, and provide that pacy midfielder we have lacked so much.
5: Waite. STAR. Star with a capital S. With his size, strength, agility and apce, it's no wonder he is causing headaches. With Hay out, and Croad most liekly to go to Whitnall, I don't think the Hawks can match it with Waite this week.
6: Houla. Been on the verge of Stardom for a hwile now, but looks as though he really is taing that next step. Some of those runs against Freo were astonishing, get ready for some more commanding performances.

We really should be able to get over Hawthorn and Richmond, and I don't know why there are so many doubters. Last year we had no problems getting up after losses, all we need now is consistency. And I think having played Hawthorn and Richmond, and beating them both, we'll be 3-3-1 and back in the 8. Suddnely that game against Geelong becomes significant. And I think if we get Fev back for that game he'll be absolutely firedu p. No questin. Pagan will be giving it to him. We'll beat Geelong, you mark my words, and then Melbourne at OO. Well, if we're going to win one game this year, it will be that one. And that will be four in a row my friends. Archive my post, and in a month, it will be MCB was right. And I'll be right. And Carlton'll be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:04 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

I'll have what he's having. :shock: :wink:

Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:08 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nice work, MCB, I'm with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:13 pm 
Rod Ashman

You forgot to mentioned the Wiggler who's been fantastic over the last two games. I'll admit that I was one of those calling for his delisting at the end of the year but he's definately won me over with some lively pace, suicidal leaps back into packs and clean accurate disposal of the ball.

Another positive has been Carrazzo. His ability to get the ball was never in question, it was always his disposal of it that was the biggest problem. But over the last two weeks his disposal has been accurate and penetrating. Another positive is that unlike some of our other small defenders Carrazzo is actually a defender who'll take a forward and keep him out of the game. His quick runs out of defense have been a joy to behold and if he keep this up I think we've found overselves a player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:14 pm 
Harry Vallence

good onya MCB keep the faith my friend.

Most of the those doomsdayers were the ones talkin big when we got the pisser cup win and expectations were elevated. Come on who really had the Port & Freo game down as a win at the beginnin of the yr??? Cuz ya know not many here can truthfully answer yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:32 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I thought you were banned MCB :P :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:38 pm 
John Nicholls

Does Harf know you posted this?

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:54 pm 
Ken Hunter

don't know about Geelong but I'm with you on the other three. If we can get a roll on then anything could happen but we are fragile, that's the lack of two or three players but they are coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:54 pm 
Craig Bradley

You gotta like the kid. Nothing quite like a bit of "Up Yours!' passion

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:03 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Hey Josh, hurry up and turn 18 so we can ply you with alcohol legally :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:25 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Ahhh, nice ..... someone is not into doom and gloom. I have been pissed off reading TC and CSC lately. I don't know what people expect - premier ship this year?

I am not too worried about this season, we will win a few games and we will NOT be smashed by 100 points like last year. If we make the 8 its great (good experience) - if not, well it is not the end of the world. We are still learning and developing and unearthing new talent (eg. Betts and Carazzo). I am not really expecting anything before next year - as long as we improve and develop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:14 am 
Harry Vallence

Finally !!!!!

Well said and well put !!

:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:35 am 
Wayne Johnston

Its fun being supportive.

More should try it.

Carn a blues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 pm 
Garry Crane

Manchester City Blues often implies that Lance Whitnall would struggle to complete a 40 hour famine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:54 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Captain Obvious wrote:
Manchester City Blues often implies that Lance Whitnall would struggle to complete a 40 hour famine

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Deano Supremo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

I've noticed you saying this on a few different threads now, Deano. Are you just running wide receiving soft stats? Is Synbad going to call you a downhill skier? :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:38 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Kaptain Kouta wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

I've noticed you saying this on a few different threads now, Deano. Are you just running wide receiving soft stats? Is Synbad going to call you a downhill skier? :twisted: :twisted:

That's me, sitting in the back pocket demanding the short pass from a kick in. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:48 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Deano, no, no, you're the fullback who plays on at a point kick-in for the extra stat, then benches himself until another point (in a very one-sided loss). Keeps you fresh :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:01 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Deano Supremo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Do you think we'll have to wait for TC to close down, ala The Sook View, before we find out the real identity of Captain Obvious? I remember in the last hours Carlton God came clean as did The Pedant.

Left wing moralists
In self serving denial
They shit me no end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:37 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Heavs wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Do you think we'll have to wait for TC to close down, ala The Sook View, before we find out the real identity of Captain Obvious? I remember in the last hours Carlton God came clean as did The Pedant.

The Pedant huh? I wonder if he knows this Captain Obvious fellow...