Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: TIME TO VENT
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:35 pm 
Trevor Keogh

i have found myself more frustrated this year than ever before. Coming into the season i was thinking a spot in the lower reaches of the eight was possible for us, and if we cant get past the Hawks & Tigers the next 2 weeks, our season will be shot. Back in the70's in the NFL, the Cleveland Browns (I think), were known as the Cardiac Kids. After 5 rounds this year we can claim this title off them. In all 5 games this year bad kicking or great kicking from our opponents, have kept the games tighter than they should be. I have been watching these games on TV with my 8 month old boy, and the way things are going, his first words will be "You f...n ar..y c...ts".
What else has gotten up my nose this year ??
I will give you a brief list..

1- Lucky goals- Tarrant, Licuria, Primus, Lucas all kicking goals which they should not be even attempting
2 - Jeff Farmer/ Paul Medhurst - I know you are not meant to wish ill on anyone, but when these pricks flew for their marks on Saturday, was i the only one who wanted them to break their legs??(Be honest now)
3 - Tim Gossage/Peter Wilson- The worst commentators going around. Their bias towards Freo was unbelievably bad, made Eddie seem tame. Congratulated Medhurst at one stage when his opponent ran off him to create a link, and found himself free when there was a turnover. Had it been Fevola, they would have chastised him for not chasing his man. Complained when Farmer got a decision against him for in the back, yet somehow missed the previous four that he got away with. No comment when Walker was molested in the last Qtr.
4- Trial by media - Brendan Fevola for eye-gouging. Give me a break. Gossage & Wilson remarked at Grover's bloody eye. Unless his eyeball's are the size of a pizza base or Fevola can be charged with Cheek-gouging, no charge.
5- Gavin Wanganeen/Peter Burgoyne- My venting just felt incomplete without these tools
6- Robert Walls - Stop writing articles about our opponents.
7- The football gods - They are against us. Summed up yesterday by Grovers kick which slewed off the boot and landed in Matthew Carr's hands 20 metres away & by Paul Medhursts first goal where the ball ricoched to him when he was sitting 20metres away.

Hopefully i can now sleep again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:37 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

WHY CAN'T I GET NO TANG????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:41 pm 
Trevor Keogh

no tang for you!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:08 am 
Craig Bradley

Speaking of biased commentators I was listening to the MMM Brisbane broadcast of the Lions v West Coast today - just the last 5 minutes and it was laughable. They missed large chunks of the play, talking about all the stats of the Brisbane players and who was playing in the reserves and whether they'd be back next week.

It was unbelievable because in 5 minutes of play they only mentioned a WCE player 3 times in a game where the Lions were getting thrashed by 70 points.

The commentators? Craig McRae, Alistair Lynch, and I believe Richard Champion.

No bias there, that's for sure.

And I could have sworn Brisbane won the game....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:11 am 
Bruce Doull

Still, coudn't have been any worse than Captain Obvious' contributions to the 9 broadcast....
All he ever talks about now is "it's been x minutes since (team) kicked a goal/went inside 50/etc" or "if WCE have more than 16 individual goalkickers, it will be a new AFL record"

He used to be simply annoying, now he's boring, irrelevant and annoying.