Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:32 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Enough is enough. How long will he get away with acting like a spoilt brat, looking to umpires every time he loses a contest, doing the undisciplined things (like torps from 80m out) and generally showing total disregard and disrespect for his coaches and teammates?

His form has been way below par. If he's injured rest him, if not, give him a week or two in the Bullants. Make a stand. Show him and the other players that utter and total team play is the minimum standard and anything else is unacceptable.

I'm sick of his antics, sick of his half-arsed efforts. He's a laughing stock at the minute, and he's contributing in a big way to turning Carlton back into one again, just after I thought we'd turned the corner.

Pagan needs to make a stand. I'm sick of picking up the papers on a Sunday and reading how he's angry with Fev, disappointed with his antics, blah, blah, blah. Show some balls Denis, make a stand, and instead of talking to Brendan, show him the hard way. Actions speak louder than words.

(Please don't move this to Talking Players. The whole concept of that forum 'bites'. This is a Carlton issue, and it and many other threads like it should be where the majority see it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:38 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Yep, make a stance, drop him this week and hope he gets on the footy show so they can give heaps of crap that might sink into his head.

Wonder how much the split has affected his brain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:39 am 
Harry Vallence

what about ur beloved simpson, i saw him during the game having a go at the umpire while the game was still going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 am 
Harry Vallence

why do you guys want Fev out of this club so much? Its fukin disgraceful. No other supporters treat and bag there club and players like carlton supporters do. You guys want Fev out and want players like edwards, hartlett and this guys to replace wen simply and face it they arent good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:46 am 
Bruce Doull

Can we drop Waite for half a game .. cos he played half shit.

Look.. there is nothing going on in terms of making space for the forwards.
The ball comes in shithouse.
Right now Waite should be in the backline...
Hartlett Kennedy and Fish with Fev are enough.. if you can organise ball movement better.

Where we need support is down back.

Kouta should step away.
Saddington has played his ten games in 2 years for us (Great effort).. but we need balance with what were going forward with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:48 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Fev kicked the same number of goals as Hartlett did yesterday...

It's all very well to speak to the umpire but when you are on notice in the umpiring fraternity, then you don't have much room to move. If you start swearing at the umpire then you're in trouble. Happened yesterday in the Geelong v Sydney game too, 50 was given against a Cats player for swearing and pointing at the umpire.

Disagree by all means but do it once and shake your head rather than mouthing off at the umpire.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

Fev + First Pick for Judd.
Pretty Please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:51 am 
Bruce Doull

I actually think its frustrating to be Fev.
I saw a few players doing it.
And the commentators even mentioned our boys were "playing the blame game" among each other..
But at the end of the day.... its frutrating.. the players look to the coach for answers.
This coach doesnt have any answers...

And if he pretends he does... the players KNOW he doesnt..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:52 am 
Stephen Kernahan

Fevolution wrote:
why do you guys want Fev out of this club so much? Its flower disgraceful. No other supporters treat and bag there club and players like carlton supporters do. You guys want Fev out and want players like edwards, hartlett and this guys to replace wen simply and face it they arent good enough.

I don't want him out of the club, would love to see him kick 80 goals a year for years to come. Ideally would also like to see him stop acting like a petulant little brat, and to show some on-field respect for his teammates and club in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:00 am 
Harry Vallence

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
Fevolution wrote:
why do you guys want Fev out of this club so much? Its flower disgraceful. No other supporters treat and bag there club and players like carlton supporters do. You guys want Fev out and want players like edwards, hartlett and this guys to replace wen simply and face it they arent good enough.

I don't want him out of the club, would love to see him kick 80 goals a year for years to come. Ideally would also like to see him stop acting like a petulant little brat, and to show some on-field respect for his teammates and club in general.

yeh but mate, ive seen so many players do the same shit, and nothing said. Fev is an easy target when things are going shit, whose to blame? Denis and Fev. Richo last night did the same things last nite and Robert Walls said thats all right because his emotion, but Fev does it disgraceful. Simpson mouthed at the ump yesterday when the game was still going = nothing said. Hird friday night mouthed at the ump, gave away a 50 which also resulted in a goal = nothing was said. The umps have the favourites and have the players they hate fev is one of them. And the commentators and SUPPORTERS also have there favourites, like our supportes Murph, simmo, gibbs, the o'halpins just to name a few are untouchable you cant say a bad word about them and i just think that is wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:02 am 
Ken Hands

Quote:
Fevolution Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its because Fev's attitude is a disgrace, case in point when he gave away two fifties and was dragged, only to stroll off the ground like he didn't care. If Fev tried hard every week and didn't feel the need to abuse team mates and the umps, I would have no problem with him, but right now he is a cancerous influence on the team in terms of attitude and epitomises the selfish every man for himself attitude - unless he can turn himself around he has to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:06 am 
Stephen Kernahan

I liked when he got dragged, sat on the bench and our 'spiritual leader' Kouta gave him a "don't worry, she'll be right mate" pat on the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:12 am 
Bert Deacon

Fevolution wrote:
why do you guys want Fev out of this club so much? Its flower disgraceful. No other supporters treat and bag there club and players like carlton supporters do.

Maybe true, but no other player in the competition consistently shows such obnoxious attitudes. Richo does it, but he also cops it. Both have been like that for years.

We don't ALL want Fev out of the club. We want Fev to return to his godly best. He's got to be having a crap time outside of footy at the moment, and probably not a great time inside footy either. That is probably a large portion of why he's out of form.

Maybe even injured?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:21 am 
Wayne Johnston

It's Fev's attitude that is the problem. A week at the Bullants might show him that he ain't everything he thinks he is.

Yes frustration comes from the top where the decisions are made, but a bad seed also needs to be removed before the whole crop is ruined. Yesterday we started to see a few bad seeds, next week if we are down again watch it all come apart.

Post subject:
Harry Vallence

blueboysean wrote:
Fevolution wrote:
why do you guys want Fev out of this club so much? Its flower disgraceful. No other supporters treat and bag there club and players like carlton supporters do.

Maybe true, but no other player in the competition consistently shows such obnoxious attitudes. Richo does it, but he also cops it. Both have been like that for years.

We don't ALL want Fev out of the club. We want Fev to return to his godly best. He's got to be having a crap time outside of footy at the moment, and probably not a great time inside footy either. That is probably a large portion of why he's out of form.

Maybe even injured?

so then you guys should be supportin him, and stickin wit him, instead of jumpin on his back and bagging the shit out of him and calling for his head. Because i can gurantee if this was murph or setanta or simmo, none of you would say jack shit.

Post subject:
Garry Crane

I am so sick of Fev having a go at the umpires. The message just won't sink into his brain that if you have a go at the umps, you will give away a free kick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:37 am 
Laurie Kerr

Yep, dropping your best player would be consistent with the other selections we've made this year. Based on this logic why don't we drop Thornton as well? He has a sook everytime his opponent leads him to the ball. Points the finger, blames others for not covering for him etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:39 am 
Harry Vallence

welcomebackcattogio wrote:
Yep, dropping your best player would be consistent with the other selections we've made this year. Based on this logic why don't we drop Thornton as well? He has a sook everytime this opponent leads him to the ball. Points the finger, blames others for not covering for him etc etc.

Do you guys think your in the:

"What does Pagan have to do to get sacked?" THREAD :roll:

You cant drop Fev!

That is ridiculous!

He isnt playing well ATM...but to drop him is suicide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:40 am 
Stephen Kernahan

welcomebackcattogio wrote:
Yep, dropping your best player would be consistent with the other selections we've made this year. Based on this logic why don't we drop Thornton as well? He has a sook everytime his opponent leads him to the ball. Points the finger, blames others for not covering for him etc etc.

So let's use Fev as the example and put the likes of Thornton on notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:44 am 
Ken Hands

Fevolution wrote:
what about ur beloved simpson, i saw him during the game having a go at the umpire while the game was still going?

I agree.

That 100 metre penalty was ridiculous anyway.

The game is turning into a game of sissies. And that decision of a 50 metre penalty for putting his hand on the player's arm was blatantly wrong. The tougher a player looks the more the weasly umpires want to penalise them. Look at Barry Hall... ooh he is a long way from a clean cut soccer player - let's penalise him for laying a tackle.

Maybe Fev. should cover his tattoos so he looks prim and proper, get a school boy hair cut and the umpires will treat him like every other player.

Fevola is trying his guts out - you play in a team that has consistently lost for 4-5 years and you see how easy it is.