Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

CFC is not a business it's a football team with a proud history and a membership and supporter base that really, really doesn't like losing .... that's why we are who we are and that's why it hurts being where we are at the moment.

Sure, we need to have the professionalism and acumen behind the Club to support our on field endeavours. I think we have got the core of that now in place but it's on the field that counts.

However, I don't think the Club's performance is anything more than I expected for 2007.

Sure it's frustrating and disappointing but let's be realistic, it will take some time and some judicious pruning and planting to get the Team where it needs to be.

We can never forget the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts...... the Team at it's core must have a desire to win for the jumper, yes, even in this modern era !

It's complete and utter bullshite to seek leadership from one particular player or another... too many business textbooks spout this crap !

The qualities of leadership collectively within a team, is where it's at for me....you know ...the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

The kids demonstrated it in the latter half of the game against freo. sadly, some senior players did not !

Time to slaughter some sacred cows .....

Thanks for the memories but the sooner Kouta, Lance, Lappin are consigned to their rightful place in Carlton's history the better.

I'm not fussed if Fev goes but more interested in why he wants to stay.

I'm not fussed if Sticks is forced kicking and screaming from the MC and possibly directorship. It's time.

Rightly or not, it's time for Pagan to go ... we are all treading water and it has to stop !

I'm not fussed if Mitchell stays to the end of the year, it not important anymore.

Give me a team of players with navy blue hearts any time !