Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

buzzaaaah wrote:
I thought Fev was good on the weekend. Chased hard. He's still not at his best, but he had a go. I hope to God he's a Carlton player till he retires, but I still support the club's actions.

I hope he goes. We haven't made a tough decision in regards to our playing list for a long time. I'd love to see us cut Whitnall, have Kouta and Lappin retire and trade Fev for a couple of decent picks.

Nothing against the players in question, but I'd love to see the CFC take a risk and try and be proactive about our future on-field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:
I thought Fev was good on the weekend. Chased hard. He's still not at his best, but he had a go. I hope to God he's a Carlton player till he retires, but I still support the club's actions.

I hope he goes. We haven't made a tough decision in regards to our playing list for a long time. I'd love to see us cut Whitnall, have Kouta and Lappin retire and trade Fev for a couple of decent picks.

Nothing against the players in question, but I'd love to see the CFC take a risk and try and be proactive about our future on-field.

Stay off the hooch mate, its getting to ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Goltzy, you must be on the wacky tobaccy!

I agree with Steve 100%. Now is the time to be proactive. Time to get rid of those we are hanging onto for sentimental reasons. We will not improve with players past their use by date, nor will we improve with those who think that they are bigger than the club! :wink:

But They Just Can't Kill The Beast!" <2016

THE BLUEBAGGER BEAST IS BAACKK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

I agree with Steve 100%. Now is the time to be proactive. Time to get rid of those we are hanging onto for sentimental reasons. We will not improve with players past their use by date, nor will we improve with those who think that they are bigger than the club! :wink:

He isn't the sole person on here that thinks like that.
Can't believe that people still think Lance Whitnall is of any benefit to the club going forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

proactive? its just stupidty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fevolution wrote:
BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Please explain!

But They Just Can't Kill The Beast!" <2016

THE BLUEBAGGER BEAST IS BAACKK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:30 pm 
Laurie Kerr

steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

The year after we trade Fev we can turn our attentions to trading Waite who promises so much but doesn't always deliver. Perhaps he can be grouped with Stevens who will probably come back and be hampered by injury but be labeled as not giving a damn. Naturally in 2009 it will be the turn of Simpson and Fisher. Both of them will be 7 year players but won't quite have taken the next step and it will be better for all concerned that we get draft picks before their value drops. Should be Murphy's turn by the end of 2010 .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 pm 
Harry Vallence

BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Whitnall has had a fu@#ked knee all year. Won our B&F last year. Give him a chance to get fit.

Fev has had a half decent year. You have a problem with him last week? he pulled his head in and without much delivery played a good game.

Lappin/Kouta - Lappin won us the game against Bulldogs and Kouta has come up big our last couple wins with over 20poss.

Put it this way, with no fev, kouta, whitnall and lappin this year, the blues would of won 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Games

Fev, Whitnall, Lappin should all stay. Koutas the only one thats a bit iffy. If he can keep fit then l wouldnt have a problem seeing number 43 next year

You guys have lost the plot.
You don't win many games with no senior players.
The coach is hopeless, get rid of him first before you show players the door. Only so long you can listen to the same dribble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

welcomebackcattogio wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

The year after we trade Fev we can turn our attentions to trading Waite who promises so much but doesn't always deliver. Perhaps he can be grouped with Stevens who will probably come back and be hampered by injury but be labeled as not giving a damn. Naturally in 2009 it will be the turn of Simpson and Fisher. Both of them will be 7 year players but won't quite have taken the next step and it will be better for all concerned that we get draft picks before their value drops. Should be Murphy's turn by the end of 2010 .....

I could not of said it better.

If murphy or gibbs haven't won a brownlow by 2010, lets trade or delist them.

We should trade gibbs . for another draft pick next year cos he will go back to Adelaide if pagan is still there

Lets be proactive :)

Sorry i was trying to sound as stupid as most of the posts i read on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 pm 
Harry Vallence

BrizzyBlue wrote:
Fevolution wrote:
BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

Please explain!

in a team that lacks star players, A - class players, you just can afford to get rid of em especially Fev. You dont get rid of your best players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Goltzenberg wrote:

They are different opinions to yours, doesn't make them wrong. Nor does it make them right and you wrong.

If you disagree with someone, please argue with them without resorting to comments like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mrs Caz wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:

They are different opinions to yours, doesn't make them wrong. Nor does it make them right and you wrong.

If you disagree with someone, please argue with them without resorting to comments like this.

Point taken

Just get annoyed how one week everyone loves a certain player, then they play a couple bad games and its like lets trade such n such.

Its the same all threads

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:06 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Welcome to the wonderful world called HumanKind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fevolution wrote:
BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

I actually think it would end up win/win/win

win for a new club that wants a forward capable of kicking 80+ goals a season

win for Fev in that he gets better service than we can give him

win for CFC in that it helps our rebuilding process

I respect your passion for Fev, Fevolution, but I just think that the change in clubs could be beneficial all around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

steve wrote:
Fevolution wrote:
BrizzyBlue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
steve wrote:
buzzaaaah wrote:

I actually think it would end up win/win/win

win for a new club that wants a forward capable of kicking 80+ goals a season

win for Fev in that he gets better service than we can give him

win for CFC in that it helps our rebuilding process

I respect your passion for Fev, Fevolution, but I just think that the change in clubs could be beneficial all around.

I thought a rebuilding process is keeping the best possible talent on your list, not giving away one of your best players with years to go.

You guys have to have patience and stop wanting to make rash decisions.

Instead of thinking about geting rid of Fev, you should be thinking about getting the midfield rand back line right and let Fev do the rest in the forward line.

He is the best forward in the league. He kicked 84 goals last year from limited disposal into the forward line.

People that want to get rid of a player like that im just not sure what runs thru their head. You get rid of Fev and the blues wont be playing finals for 2-3 years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 pm 
Garry Crane

a question comes to my mind if Fev was traded to another team and the Fev fires up in a new club do you think our current back line is going to be able to stopp fev kicking his bag?

I think i would much rather have Fev playing for us then against us while he wishes to continue to play for Carlton

Trading Fev could be a dangerous move when 1 can have an impact on wether goals are going to be kicked or not....

sometimes this saying rings true Better the devil you know then the devil ya dont know and we all know Fev and we all know what fev can do onfield when he is performing at his best....

dont get me wrong not saying fev is an angel and didnt deserve his suspension from the club

I just hope the fev can in the last remaining rounds come out and fire up a bit more and show some of his critics up

cheers
OZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 pm 
Serge Silvagni

ozdevil wrote:
a question comes to my mind if Fev was traded to another team and the Fev fires up in a new club do you think our current back line is going to be able to stopp fev kicking his bag?

I think i would much rather have Fev playing for us then against us while he wishes to continue to play for Carlton

Trading Fev could be a dangerous move when 1 can have an impact on wether goals are going to be kicked or not....

sometimes this saying rings true Better the devil you know then the devil ya dont know and we all know Fev and we all know what fev can do onfield when he is performing at his best....

dont get me wrong not saying fev is an angel and didnt deserve his suspension from the club

I just hope the fev can in the last remaining rounds come out and fire up a bit more and show some of his critics up

cheers
OZ

yeah better post...nice oz...we all know how good an up and firing fev can be to win games of footy on the field...its the other stuff that goes with his attitude behind closed doors which not all of us see that might be a worry to us moving foward...gotta have faith in the powers that be i suppose...

go blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:13 am 
Craig Bradley

winfieldblue wrote:
By my estimation 60% of super talented forwards are retarded one way or another.

:lol:

This main board is really shit at the moment but that was a gold nugget amongst the larger brown ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:10 am 
Harry Vallence

Goltzenberg wrote:
You get rid of Fev and the blues wont be playing finals for 2-3 years

You keep Fev and he walks for nothing at the end of 2008, the Blues will not be playing finals for a lot longer than 2-3 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:26 am 
Rod Ashman

by that logic we should trade everyone coming out of contract in 2008 :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next