Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:25 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Imagine the upoar and abuse that would have been happening against Fevola on this board if roles had been reversed with what young Kennedy did in the second quarter.

Double standards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:28 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Jarusa wrote:
Imagine the upoar and abuse that would have been happening against Fevola on this board if roles had been reversed with what young Kennedy did in the second quarter.

Double standards.

I also noticed that as well.

Interstingly when Fev snapped a goal in the last qtr, not one Carlton player congratulated him. No-one went near him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

chubbyruss wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

I also noticed that as well.

Interstingly when Fev snapped a goal in the last qtr, not one Carlton player congratulated him. No-one went near him

yeah they did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Fevola's shooting for goal from set shots has been ordinary this year. A big part of our demise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:01 pm 
Horrie Clover

I've mentioned this before in previous posts but since this kid just won the NAB rising nomination this week, it shows I may be onto something.
Fev for Westoff plus a pick or Fev to Freo Pavlich to Port and Westoff plus pick to Carlton....mark my words this kid will be the next James Hird of the AFL.

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:08 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

Jars I didn't see the game. What did JK do in the second?

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:12 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

DownUnderChick wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

Had a shot on the run and missed from about 25-30 metres out on a bit of an angle. He had Fev alone in the goalsquare for the handball.

No big deal, just a young bloke backing himself, might have been nice if he had handballed but nothing to hang the guy over.

However, if it had been Fev in the same situation with Kennedy in the square this thread would be ten pages longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:25 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Jarusa wrote:

However, if it had been Fev in the same situation with Kennedy in the square this thread would be ten pages longer.

Hmm...maybe Jars...I did't see it, only heard on the radio, but would it be fair to say that JK's shot was a higher percentage shot than Fev's bomb from 50-55 (whatever the distance was)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 pm 
Bruce Doull

Mrs Caz wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

Hmm...maybe Jars...I did't see it, only heard on the radio, but would it be fair to say that JK's shot was a higher percentage shot than Fev's bomb from 50-55 (whatever the distance was)?

48 m, on the run, with no one open.

He was dead in front to. You'd back him to nail it 8 times out of 10.

I've never seen Kennedy nail a goal on the run, he was under a little pressure and Fev was wide open. 50/50 call.

Or 20 ways to start a fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:31 pm 
Geoff Southby

Mrs Caz wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

I'd take Fev from 60 anyday of the week.

Jarusa is right Fev got a raw deal from the team, the commentators and half the fans over that non issue. I've seen him do the same thing a number of times in his career and when he puts it through everyone loves him.

I didn't here anyone complain that he should have passed after this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSLm3T-CRmw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:33 pm 
Geoff Southby

What about this one where he didn't even look to pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9D1Jnmpl-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

Fev wasnt "wide open" ..... watch the game again.
He probably would have kicked it but most would have had a shot from there.
Especially him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:44 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

You'll have to show me some examples of Fev goaling with a torp to make an informed decision.

That is what we're talking about is'nt it?
Fev fluffing a torp from 60 out compared to Josh having a shot from 40 out? :?

50/50? I dont think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:46 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

In the game against the Crows, Murphy kicked long to a 3 on 2 contest and ignored Lappin who was running past unchecked with a paddock in front of him.

Marc didn't get the Fev treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:49 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
You'll have to show me some examples of Fev goaling with a torp to make an informed decision.

50/50? I dont think so.

Fev rarely needs to kick a torp but I've got footage of Stevo and Lappin if you want? I bet you were elated when those two monster goals went through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm 
Laurie Kerr

Jarusa wrote:
DownUnderChick wrote:
Jarusa wrote:

Double standards.

Had a shot on the run and missed from about 25-30 metres out on a bit of an angle. He had Fev alone in the goalsquare for the handball.

No big deal, just a young bloke backing himself, might have been nice if he had handballed but nothing to hang the guy over.

25-30m out with an easy shot v. 80m torp. Mmmm let me see ....

Also, Fev wasn't in the goalsquare, he was about 5m in front at a 45deg angle.

But anyway, after one quarter of chasing he was back to his old tricks, he only got that goal in the last coz he was lazy. Leopard doesn't change his spots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:52 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

TheGame wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

50/50? I dont think so.

Fev rarely needs to kick a torp but I've got footage of Stevo and Lappin if you want? I bet you were elated when those two monster goals went through.

Yes I was.

I've got footage of hundreds of AFL players kicking goals from where Kennedy was.
They're about as relevant as your footage in this case.

Zero. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Jeez the IQ of this forum has fallen lately.

I never compared Fev's 60 metre torp attempt with Kennedy's shot.

All I said was if the roles had been reversed in the Swans game with the Kennedy missed shot there would have been people here calling for Fev's head.

Please read it more slowly this time so you have some chance of understanding this most complex argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:00 pm 
Geoff Southby

Blue Vain wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Blue Vain wrote:

50/50? I dont think so.

Yes I was.

I've got footage of hundreds of AFL players kicking goals from where Kennedy was.
They're about as relevant as your footage. :wink:

No kicking the shit out of Fevola for trying something that has brought the fans through the gates for a century is just poor form. Maybe Betts should hand back the car he won last year because he should have done the team thing and put the ball at the top of the square. Maybe Gary Ablett should call up the dozens of team mates he ignored over his whole career.

Of course I know you all love this part of the game and only brought out the Fev torp incident as a reason to shitcan him because there always needs to be a tall poppy scapegoat around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:07 pm 
Rod Ashman

Quote:
All I said was if the roles had been reversed in the Swans game with the Kennedy missed shot there would have been people here calling for Fev's head.

Firstly I doubt too many would not want Fev to have a shot from 30 if not under pressure and same with JK. If you can't kick a goal from 30 under little pressure then your chances of hitting a closer target aren't great either. But as you well know Jarusa this is not about Fev making one selfish or wrong decision, or one error. It is about our highest paid player who has been on the list since 1998 and still doesn't do near enough of the things every player on the list is expected to do. He wasn't dropped for one incident. He was dropped for many over a long period and as a last resort. Everyone should read Caz's views on the topic. He is probably the only one on here with genuine inside info and he seems very comfortable with the decision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next