Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:33 am 
Harry Vallence

showbag wrote:
by that logic we should trade everyone coming out of contract in 2008 :roll:

If everyone were like Fev, there would be threads focused solely on those players, and I would have posted on those threads. But since there are no threads and news on the other players, I am thinking they aren't that much of a problem compared to Fev.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 am 
Rod Ashman

There's a thread that states Murphy is not happy. He is out of contract in 2008 ... should we trade him before he walks for nothing??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:45 am 
Trevor Keogh

showbag wrote:
by that logic we should trade everyone coming out of contract in 2008 :roll:

Only the ones that have been telling the football community that they've had enough of Carlton and want to move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:45 am 
Harry Vallence

showbag wrote:
There's a thread that states Murphy is not happy. He is out of contract in 2008 ... should we trade him before he walks for nothing??

Where is that emoticon of banging your head against a brick wall when you need one... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 am 
Rod Ashman

exsing wrote:
showbag wrote:

Where is that emoticon of banging your head against a brick wall when you need one... :roll:

Then maybe you should come up with a reasonable argument as to why we need to trade Fev instead relying on emoticons and you may have more chance of convincing me...

we need more than the 'hope' of a getting a better player to get rid of Fev in my opinion. Just because we made a mistake by retaining Lance a few years ago, doesn't justify us being trigger happy on Fev ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:19 am 
Harry Vallence

showbag wrote:

Then maybe you should come up with a reasonable argument as to why we need to trade Fev instead relying on emoticons and you may have more chance of convincing me...

we need more than the 'hope' of a getting a better player to get rid of Fev in my opinion. Just because we made a mistake by retaining Lance a few years ago, doesn't justify us being trigger happy on Fev ...

Hahaha...nah mate. The reason I post on TC is not to impose my views on others. I post on TC to hopefully add ideas and give a different point of view (there wouldn't be much discussion if everyone thinks the same would there?).

I'm not trying to convince you, just trying to add a different light. We're all entitled to our own views. That's what makes a discussion forum so great! My comment about a head banging emoticon was made tongue in cheek. Need to relax dude...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:32 am 
Bruce Doull

exsing wrote:
showbag wrote:

There was one once, but it got used so often the head split in two and the wall fell down :wink:

It was replaced with :garthp: and :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:52 am 
Harry Vallence

Settle down Kiddies! :P

But They Just Can't Kill The Beast!" <2016

THE BLUEBAGGER BEAST IS BAACKK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 pm 
Harry Vallence

The Duke wrote:
exsing wrote:
showbag wrote:

There was one once, but it got used so often the head split in two and the wall fell down :wink:

It was replaced with :garthp: and :roll:

Ahhh...forgot about the good ol' :garthp: ! I need to use that more often... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 pm 
Ken Hunter

It's a while since I said this, but I have faith in the current administration to make the right call on Fevola, and so should all of you. :idea:

I would hate to see him go as much as the next person but if that is the best for CFC, then I can live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

exsing wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:
You get rid of Fev and the blues wont be playing finals for 2-3 years

You keep Fev and he walks for nothing at the end of 2008, the Blues will not be playing finals for a lot longer than 2-3 years.

Technically he can walk but he will be walking into the worst team in the league if he does. Remember Thornton last year, he wanted to walk but Blues could pick him back up with 1st pick.

Fev has stated he wants to stay a blue. All players would want to stay at a club for their career.

I couldnt see Fev wanting to walk anywhere and go interstate. Hes got his own business and wife n kids here. The footy show etc.

Fev might go if pagan stays, but im pretty sure he will stay if hes happy.

To trade a guy for the risk of him walking, is a bit silly. Its a bit hard to leave a club in the AFL. If you leave you goto the bottom team in the free agents draft. But if he gets traded he can go to a good team.

He hasnt asked for trade and wants to stay a blue from all reports. Cant see Fev wanting to walk when success is around the corner

Success brings happiness. Losses bring unhappiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:39 pm 
Garry Crane

Look what happened to Buckley. Left a struggling club (presumably on the expectation that the Pies would win a flag) and missed out on the three-peat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:40 pm 
Bruce Doull

Quote:
To trade a guy for the risk of him walking, is a bit silly.

Well, it isn't really. The end result for either scenario would be that Fev leaves the club, but in one of them we get nothing for him, and in the other we can get quite a lot in return. It's just like the Campo argument all over again. We don't know how Fev is really feeling, and we have no way of knowing whether he not he really does want to stay. The people who make these kinds of decisions would at least have some idea because they talk to him behind closed doors. So if they felt that his heart wasn't truly in it, they'd be mad not to look at their options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:03 pm 
Craig Bradley

Goltzenberg wrote:
Technically he can walk but he will be walking into the worst team in the league if he does. Remember Thornton last year, he wanted to walk but Blues could pick him back up with 1st pick.

You're forgetting about all the recent talk about introducing free agency.

We don't know what free agency rules will exist this time next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

Lurker Blue wrote:
Goltzenberg wrote:

You're forgetting about all the recent talk about introducing free agency.

We don't know what free agency rules will exist this time next year.

The proposed Freagency won''t be in next year. More likely 2009 onwards

The proposal from my understanding is if Fev wanted to leave carlton but club wanted to retain Fev

Carlton puts offer 1 up - 400k
Team B puts up offer 2 up - 600k
Carlton has one final attempt to match deal
If Carlton match 600k, then Fev stays. If not he goes to that club.
Its pretty stupid if that is the way they doing it.

That is basically from what l read of Gale proposing to the AFL and he stated it wouldnt be in by next year.

So that wouldnt be an option for Fev at end of 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:
Quote:
To trade a guy for the risk of him walking, is a bit silly.

Well, it isn't really. The end result for either scenario would be that Fev leaves the club, but in one of them we get nothing for him, and in the other we can get quite a lot in return. It's just like the Campo argument all over again. We don't know how Fev is really feeling, and we have no way of knowing whether he not he really does want to stay. The people who make these kinds of decisions would at least have some idea because they talk to him behind closed doors. So if they felt that his heart wasn't truly in it, they'd be mad not to look at their options.

I love fev, hes one of the reasons l goto games. He brings a bit of excitment to the games otherwise most Carlton games are boring.

Having said that though, l would rather take a punt on him staying. If he decides to leave and walk to the worst team in the league to continue another couple years on the bottom then thats his loss.

If he wanted to leave Carlton he would of asked for a trade last week. He had a ton of clubs wanting him. What does that tell u?. Instead hes pulled his head in and shown he wants to play for Carlton.

I would rather take a punt on the fact that hes showing all signs of staying rather then trading because there is a slight chance he might walk. Behind closed doors they will know if hes happy or not

Carlton wont trade him anyway, unless its last resort, hes the only marketball carlton player at the moment. Gibbs n Murph aint there yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 pm 
Harry Vallence

Goltzenberg wrote:
Having said that though, l would rather take a punt on him staying. If he decides to leave and walk to the worst team in the league to continue another couple years on the bottom then thats his lose.

I would be more inclined to say it would be a bigger loss to us than it would be for Fev. Fev will still get paid when he goes to that bottom club. Carlton on the other hand won't be getting anything.

I love Fev just like all the one-eyed Fev supporters here. But like the non one-eyed Fev supporters here, I love the club more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

SurreyBlue wrote:
It's a while since I said this, but I have faith in the current administration to make the right call on Fevola, and so should all of you. :idea:

I would hate to see him go as much as the next person but if that is the best for CFC, then I can live with it.

Sorry Surrey..I dont have that faith yet....was it Icke who engineered Tarrant and Solomon to Freo?...what influence is Sticks having on these decisions?
And I wasnt impressed with the way Swann handled the Fevola press conference/suspension by hanging a for sale sign on Fev ... I'll reserve my judgement on this administration and treat them with suspicion and caution after being burnt by the last ten years of our admins handywork....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:56 pm 
Bruce Doull

Goltzenberg wrote:
If he wanted to leave Carlton he would of asked for a trade last week. He had a ton of clubs wanting him. What does that tell u?. Instead hes pulled his head in and shown he wants to play for Carlton.

I would rather take a punt on the fact that hes showing all signs of staying rather then trading because there is a slight chance he might walk. Behind closed doors they will know if hes happy or not

Carlton wont trade him anyway, unless its last resort, hes the only marketball carlton player at the moment. Gibbs n Murph aint there yet.

We don't know Fev hasn't asked for a trade next year, or that he's even entertaining the idea. That's my point. We've got no way of knowing whather or not Fev said "This is bullshit, I want out", and that Swanny has told Fev that if he wants to leave, by showing extra commitment and effort it would make other clubs more eager to get him. I'm not saying this is what is happening, but it's amazing how little we know about what goes on behind closed doors, and the face that is normally put on for the media isn't always what lies beneath.

I do agree that they wouldn't trade Fev unless they have absolutely no other choice, but we can't be so naive to think that they haven't got a contingency plan in case the worst does happen. I'm sure they don't want us to be caught with out pants down like we were with Hamill and Campo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

Elwood Blues1 wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:

Sorry Surrey..I dont have that faith yet....was it Icke who engineered Tarrant and Solomon to Freo?...what influence is Sticks having on these decisions?
And I wasnt impressed with the way Swann handled the Fevola press conference/suspension by hanging a for sale sign on Fev ... I'll reserve my judgement on this administration and treat them with suspicion and caution after being burnt by the last ten years of our admins handywork....

Let them get some runs on the board first and then ill be relieved.
Icke rubberstamped a first rounder a second rounder and a third rounder up for Carr too.

I too think the whole Fev circus was over the top.. no matter how you look at it!!

The real problem is Pagan not Fev.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next