Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:41 pm 
Rod Ashman

I don't care what anyone says we played great football against teams that were fair dinkum. The only team that wasn't serious that we beat was the bummers. You can't tell me the Bulldogs and the Demons didn't need the cash and the membership pre-season!

Have a look at the Eagles - they are firing, were they serious in teh pre season grand final? bloody oath and we beat them.

So what has happened? We could easily have been 4 or 5 wins however we could also have been 0 wins.

Our kicking to the forward line pre season was great and if we didn't hit a player on the chest we would at least give our forward the chance to mark. At the moment we tend to kick the ball favouring the defender hence Houla needs to play further upfield.

Our slow start will give all players a wake up call - regardless what happens with Fev this week I'm sure he will see his actions and wake up to his poor behaviour. I don't like seeing any player in a Carlton jumper resort to that crap and the same goes for Scotland. I understand Fevs frustrations with the shitty kicks coming in forward. I'm sure Fev would kick 100+ in a team that can hit him on the chest.

We will come good I hope it's sooner than later as the weeks are ticking.

Also on Davies - I would like to see Dennis give him more of a go. I know many will disagree but hard for Davies to play well he is on and off the ground so much. Davies must be BLOODY confused, he played 36 minutes yesterday and I'm sure he was on and off about five times for 36 minutes - hard to impress!

Hardness at the ball is not a problem but delivery is woeful. We will come good!!!!!!!! after all we showed what we are capable of doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:45 pm 
Geoff Southby

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says we played great football against teams that were fair dinkum.

Keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

TheGame wrote:
Quote:
I don't care what anyone says we played great football against teams that were fair dinkum.

Keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy.

Nice to have you along, Captain Positive.

I agree. We beat teams which wanted to win.

I think the age of the team is leading to the slow start due to poor kicking, and disposal.

This isn't a training drill, people.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:22 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

West Coast are looking at the main premeirship and Worsfold said as much before the wizzer GF...sure teams wanted to win every wizzer cup game but there is a difference in wanting to win and being desperate....we were desperate for a variety of reasons...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:28 pm 
Rod Ashman

Yeah but at the end of the day we beat West Coast fair and square...it was a full-strength Eagles side or at least no worse than the one that is playing at the moment in terms of personnel..

The Wizard Cup Grand Final at least was played like a proper match with high intensity and both sides wanting to win. You can't just say their focus is on the real premiership, make no mistake they wanted to win that game and we beat them and at times made them look pretty ordinary...