Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm 
Ken Hands

As a a Carlton member for 35years,I feel for the young supporters who follow our once mighty club,this rabble is not the Carlton I know AND LOVE .As supporters we want a go this is not happening,Pagan has taken the spunk out of young players,they lack confidence which on the field looks like they lack ability.we need hope now not in 3years.I do not go to the football week after week to watch this rubbish.The club must +will saCk PAGAN this week as the natives are restless.But you would think for his own pride he would resign but MONEY talks and money will get rid of him So Blues Supporters be strong we will get better but maybe not as soon as wewould like

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:56 pm 
Bob Chitty

If anyone thinks DP is going to walk forget it. It's all about the money for him and has been for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

In the 90s we sacked Jezza, a living legend of the club. Please tell me we have the balls to sack Pagan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:28 pm 
Craig Bradley

I don't see any coach being able to squeeze a win out of these blokes. May as well give him the shove at 12:00 tomorrow and make everyone happy... The priority pick is safe so no need to hang on to him and drive supporters away. No need to allow your loyalist fans to get laughed at any more... If we really are going to make some moves towards the ultimate prize, then get on with it. Get Voss in or give Ratten a go or whoever. Get them in and make them inspire these kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 pm 
Harry Vallence

hotspur wrote:
As a a Carlton member for 35years,I feel for the young supporters who follow our once mighty club,this rabble is not the Carlton I know AND LOVE .As supporters we want a go this is not happening,Pagan has taken the spunk out of young players,they lack confidence which on the field looks like they lack ability.we need hope now not in 3years.I do not go to the football week after week to watch this rubbish.The club must +will saCk PAGAN this week as the natives are restless.But you would think for his own pride he would resign but MONEY talks and money will get rid of him So Blues Supporters be strong we will get better but maybe not as soon as wewould like

Exactly, my kids don't believe that the we were once any good, i'm doing all i can to stop them baracking for flowering Collingwood :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:46 pm 
Bruce Doull

hotspur wrote:

Tell me about it. It's now gotten to the stage where I could watch old GFs that we were playing in, and I'll start to wonder when the avalanche will start and our team will start playing like shite, and if its a GF we won, I'll actually be SURPRISED when the siren goes that we won it. So not only is this team and coach breaking my heart now, they're also tainting the wonderful memories I have of our past. It's THAT bad.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:47 pm 
Robert Walls

George Harris wrote:
Melvey wrote:
i know this goes against what i had posted few days back about Denis most likely to stay than not, but was told today that board members met with Swann & Sticks on friday and had gained board members approval for Denis to be paid out and not see out his contract in 08 but be given the option to see out the year. Expect an announcement either monday or tuesday.

and no this information did not come from the email doing the rounds at the moment.

Best news for a while. Please be right.

Well after todays performance it's looking more likely than not.

From what i was told a decision well actually board member approval was agreed on friday.

Putting two and two together i think all the scuttlebut that occurred friday arvo might have some thing to do with what i have been told.

We just going to have to wait and see but there is no doubt he will not be around, talk was that he had support from several board members and Swann.... the situation has changed now.

GO BLUES!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:52 pm 
Harry Vallence

Melvey wrote:
George Harris wrote:
Melvey wrote:
i know this goes against what i had posted few days back about Denis most likely to stay than not, but was told today that board members met with Swann & Sticks on friday and had gained board members approval for Denis to be paid out and not see out his contract in 08 but be given the option to see out the year. Expect an announcement either monday or tuesday.

and no this information did not come from the email doing the rounds at the moment.

Best news for a while. Please be right.

Well after todays performance it's looking more likely than not.

From what i was told a decision well actually board member approval was agreed on friday.

Putting two and two together i think all the scuttlebut that occurred friday arvo might have some thing to do with what i have been told.

We just going to have to wait and see but there is no doubt he will not be around, talk was that he had support from several board members and Swann.... the situation has changed now.

GO BLUES!!!!

Give us FACTS :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:03 pm 
Ken Hands

For the first time in my life I don't even bother wanting to know the scores .. either on radio, TV or live at the game. I'm losing my passion for the game because I can't stand losing like this, game after game, year after year. I'm more interested in the soccer to be honest!

I love the club, always have, and its just an absolute shame what has happened for the last 5 years and continuing to happen. Someone has to be responsible and it doesn't seem like Pagan is getting the best out of the players anymore. Maybe we're tanking, maybe not, but Pagan has had his time and it just doesn't look like improving.

I've always been a supporter of Pagan but I've changed my mind now, lets get someone fresh in .. its just not good enough at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Just heard on the news a board meeting would be held tomorrow regarding Pagan's future. The 7 news report has a snippet of Pagan saying 'I'm not a quitter' or something to that effect, though I would have liked to hear more of the the press conference.

Apparently (according to Ch 7) the only matter to be resolved is how the sacking is handled.

Anybody have any more information to add in regards to this?!

My opinion? After this insipid performance this may well be the last straw... whether the end of the year, or before the next round - we may see the end of Denis Pagan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:10 pm 
Horrie Clover

It's obvious that the club is once again divided in the retention of the head coach. The fiasco that was rumoured to have occured last Friday and was categorically denied by the board has suddenly grown legs.

The perfomance today suggests that these players are aware of the upheaval and are biding their time for change to come. Change is coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:13 pm 
Bruce Doull

Are you suggesting the players are on-strike?

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:17 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Perhaps they might appoint Barry Mitchell to see out the season?....... 8)

That's never been thought of before has it?........ :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:26 pm 
Harry Vallence

I just hope the board get to one of the sources of the problem and that is Kernahan.

I find it strange that Parkin, Brittain, O'Sullivan and Elliott have all gone from their positions they held but Kernahan has survived ????????????

Find it strange that Elliott is keeping so quiet about things. When Smorgon was president he would mouth rip into us at every chance.

I just hope you all don't think that just by changing one person that everything will just fall into place.

We also have morale, leadership, recruiting and development problems to address.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 pm 
Harry Vallence

We all know how the board had Pagan "almost" gone at the end of last year.

Well, we've seen how season 2007 has panned out with him in the driver's seat.

What are your thoughts on how we would be going this year if we had bitten the bullet and installed one of those that appeared to be the likely candidates at the time - Barry Mitchell, Stephen Silvagni or Brett Ratten?

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

I will be paid up again next year and will be excited because I have faith things will change for the better, on and off the field (as if they could get any flowering worse on it).

However I have had enough this year. I'm not 'telling' the club what to do, they have the club's best interests at heart and will make the best decision available to them. The last month of football has been worse than any other I can remember. I am sick to my stomach at watching this listless crap - about 5 blokes having a go, a few there along for the ride and about 10 blokes who legitimately couldn't give a flower about what happens. I won't be heading to the game or watching it until I know that this lot gives half as much of a flower about what they're doing as my old D3 ammos team.

Flowering crap Carlton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:01 pm 
Serge Silvagni

no different....perhaps those names would have performed a little worse... there were five winnable games this season that we should have won.. if we snatched 2-3 the whole psychology of the playing group would have been better than it is today.
dont know how Ratts or Braddles would have coped if they kept playing the kids and kept getting walloped week in week out.
pagan as coach has seriously deteriorated over the past month; he is now our ticket to pick 1 & 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:07 pm 
Bruce Doull

I think in terms of wins and losses we'd be the same boat, but the losses would be far more respectable (like our losses prior to the Hawthorn game) and there would be a lot more enthusiasm from the younger players.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:09 pm 
formerly Fevola

Thats the point, we need to have a chance to see if there would be a difference. Cant remain this way, and not try someone new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:11 pm 
Serge Silvagni

we have no more chances left.. we need to get it right from october 2007.. not one slip up...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next