Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:19 pm 
Bruce Doull

julian de stoop on fox sport news is talking up pagan as a hard lined experienced tough coach that would be ideal for fremantle and would be able to sort their mental issues out :shock:

how do these morons get paid to report on sport ???

lets hope the morons that get paid to run some clubs listen to the media morons and someone bites

pagan can take fev with him to freo then

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:38 pm 
Ken Hands

grrofunger wrote:
julian de stoop on fox sport news is talking up pagan as a hard lined experienced tough coach that would be ideal for fremantle and would be able to sort their mental issues out :shock:

lets hope the morons that get paid to run some clubs listen to the media morons and someone bites

Believe it or not i read somewhere that Fremantle have already spoken to Pagan's manager

Bulldogs captain Steve Mortimer stood up to address his troops before they ran out. ''I'm a proud c---,'' he told them, ''I'm a winner, I wish myself a good g...ame, I wish everyone a good game. Let's get out there and f---ing bash them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluecedar wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Believe it or not i read somewhere that Fremantle have already spoken to Pagan's manager

Do we get a draft pick for him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:42 pm 
Harry Vallence

We can only hope that Denis does the dirty on us and walks out on his contract to go coach Fremantle.

Win - Win

NOW YOU'RE JUST SOME CLUB THAT I USED TO KNOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

Rhys26 wrote:
The funniest thing about this thread is that 6 people have voted for retaining Pagan.

They might have been confused and thought that they were voting "YES" in the Tanking thread :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:23 pm 
Craig Bradley

Navy Blue Horse wrote:
bluecedar wrote:
grrofunger wrote:

Do we get a draft pick for him?

No but I think plenty here would offer Freo a draft pick to take him off our hands...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:30 pm 
Laurie Kerr

would there be any other club out there willing to give pagan a job after his stint at the blues ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:31 pm 
Bruce Doull

Hopefully Freo are in line with the Pratt mantra-"the best man for a job is the man in a job"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:43 pm 
Harry Vallence

I reckon we keep Pagan on for the next 5 years

Could you imagine the power house the blues will be in 2012-2020 :)

7 number 1 draft picks :)

Pratt would have to employ them at Visy to keep em though haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:50 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

grrofunger wrote:
be patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats another 7 games ?!?!?

the most important 7 losses in recent history culminating in endless joy for us all !!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

I've been paitent for 3 years now.

Get rid of him now. It's killing the club.

Check out Adelaide a few years back...................sacked Gary Ayres, installed Niel Craig.....................HAVE NOT LOOKED BACK SINCE!

Similar problem to what we have.

Adelaide had a few ageing stars (in Roo and others) and a mostly second tier side (bar a few like McLeod).

Got rid of their coach and BANG...............playing finals football ever since and were unlucky not to play in a Grand Final.

Sydney, same deal!

Eade was clearly not getting the best of the team, get rid of him and install Roos...............BANG, 2 grand finals and a Premiership later from a team that most people predicted to win the wooden spoon but a few years ago.

I got a questions for everybody out there..................WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IF WE SACK PAGAN NOW AND INSTALL RATTEN AS OUR NEXT COACH?

We loose every game by 10+goals? :shock: It cannot get any worse.

I am strarting to think that Pagan's job is completely safe.

Lets say, for argument sake, that Pratt & Swann have already made the decision to piss him off at season end.........................WHY KEEP HIM>??

Install Ratten and see what he can do? If he fails, well................we're pretty much used to that as it is so no big deal. if he succseeds, well at least we'll have a better idea of whether or not Ratts could be our next Senior Coach.

I have no confidence that Pagan will be gone at seasons end or anytime soon for that matter.

HE IS NOT THE RIGHT PERSON TO COACH THIS CLUB! Why in the name of Christ does CFC not see this?

The facts are there.
The media seems to aggree.
The god-damn Majority of the supporters want him gone AND NOW!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?

I have a head-ache from trying to figure out just why is this so difficult?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:01 pm 
John Nicholls

Quote:
Lets say, for argument sake, that Pratt & Swann have already made the decision to piss him off at season end.........................WHY KEEP HIM>??

From an outsiders point of view I'd say it would be the chance to secure the #1 pick. Pratt and Swanny aren't stupid and I reckon they know that Pagan can't get much else out of the current group at the moment so they let him have the next 7 weeks knowing that winning a game is nigh on impossible, but securing the #1 pick by finish third last is.

Secure the pick, piss Pagan off to Freo, appoint Voss/Ratten/McKenna as the new coach and already we're looking better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:09 pm 
Robert Walls

phoenix johnson wrote:
Quote:

From an outsiders point of view I'd say it would be the chance to secure the #1 pick. Pratt and Swanny aren't stupid and I reckon they know that Pagan can't get much else out of the current group at the moment so they let him have the next 7 weeks knowing that winning a game is nigh on impossible, but securing the #1 pick by finish third last is.

Secure the pick, piss Pagan off to Freo, appoint Voss/Ratten/McKenna as the new coach and already we're looking better.

I'd hate to keep pagan for an extra 7 games and end up winning say our last match by a point. In my mind its much better to change the coach now and if we miss out on the PP then so be it. At least our players have started developing under a different coaching regime.

Which brings me to something that grates on me but something that I unfortunately didnt get in prior to the closing of the board members quesitons.
->
I was quite surprised that the previous board chose not to make a stand regarding the changes to PP in the 2006 season. Had the 2 year rule for qualificaion for a PP prior the start of the first round included the 2005 season we would have had picks 1 and 2 rather than 1 and 17. Conventional wisdom would suggest a significant difference between a player drafted at pick 2 and one at pick 17. I doubt any other club in the AFL would have accepted a rule change that had such a specific and adverse effect on our clubs drafting (particularly collingwood/Essendon*). To my mind there can be no justification for excluding the 2005 season results from the 2 year qualification period (aside from 'tanking'). Our results this season clearly demonstrate that our on field performance/list was poor enough to warrant the earlier PP.

Has the new board looked into the possibility of trying to lobby for the AFL (or legal challenge) for some form of compensation due to the unfair rule changes? <-

For mine the club should be doing everything in its power to get some form of compensation for the rule change. As a worse case scenario, I'd take an extra pick between the first and 2nd rounds at the expense of our 3rd round pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

the next 7 games is nothing - we've put up with shit for the majority of this decade , another 7 games is nothing

a new coach now subsequent emotional win would be the worst thing - we have a golden opportunity here to use the system to our advantage and get two top 5 draft picks to add some much needed talent to our list.

that is more important than a meaningless win - the winds of change will sweep through in the off season and we can all feel good then

swann et al are too smart to blow the pp that is up for grabs and besides i dont think our new coach is available to us yet - so a caretaker for 7 games is purely pointless

Yeah but whatabout your whataboutism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:35 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I have nightmare's that we will lose every game until we play a tanking Melbourne in round 22 and win :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:38 pm 
Rod Ashman

why not have someone like Libba as a caretaker and instruct him to play the kids and give them FULL time on the ground, whilst trying a few others out of position. This should ensure we lose all games, and we get o clear out Libba after his 7 games.

win - win. we get PP and i don't have to see Pagan's face near the footy club i love EVER again (unless we have some 20 year anniversary spoon celebrations some time down the track)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:52 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Why am I not surprised that sticks has not made a decision yet :lol:

:indecision:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:58 pm 
Horrie Clover

ryan2000 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
be patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!

the most important 7 losses in recent history culminating in endless joy for us all !!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Check out Adelaide a few years back...................sacked Gary Ayres, installed Niel Craig.....................HAVE NOT LOOKED BACK SINCE!

Adelaide had a few ageing stars (in Roo and others) and a mostly second tier side (bar a few like McLeod).

Got rid of their coach and BANG...............playing finals football ever since and were unlucky not to play in a Grand Final.

Sydney, same deal!

Eade was clearly not getting the best of the team, get rid of him and install Roos...............BANG, 2 grand finals and a Premiership later from a team that most people predicted to win the wooden spoon but a few years ago.

I got a questions for everybody out there..................WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IF WE SACK PAGAN NOW AND INSTALL RATTEN AS OUR NEXT COACH?

Install Ratten and see what he can do? If he fails, well................we're pretty much used to that as it is so no big deal. if he succseeds, well at least we'll have a better idea of whether or not Ratts could be our next Senior Coach.

I have no confidence that Pagan will be gone at seasons end or anytime soon for that matter.

HE IS NOT THE RIGHT PERSON TO COACH THIS CLUB! Why in the name of Christ does CFC not see this?

The facts are there.

Just like this post, you clearly do not think....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:04 pm 
Robert Walls

ryan2000 wrote:

Sydney, same deal!

You really think a new coach will solve all our problems? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:18 pm 
Horrie Clover

BlueWorld wrote:
ryan2000 wrote:

Sydney, same deal!

You really think a new coach will solve all our problems? :?:

I dont think he is saying it WILL solve all our problems, I think what he is getting at it is that there is more of a chance with a new coach of solving our problems than keeping pagan. Further, if you disagree with that, than there is the alternative view of, what is their to lose by sacking pagan now? can it really get any worse? I and most of us are not on the inner sanctum at carlton, but common sense suggest that it cannot get any worse and that the players do not seem to be enjoying themselves or playing for eachother - they seem to be in survival mode instead.

At least a new coach will make things a bit more new and exciting - at least for a week or so anyway :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:20 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

linchpin wrote:
ryan2000 wrote:
grrofunger wrote:
be patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Sydney, same deal!

The facts are there.

Just like this post, you clearly do not think....

GREAT................Love your reply :roll: ..................care to elaborate???????? What am i supposed to be thinking about?

And to BlueWorld...................NO, i don't think a new coach will solve ALL our problems and anybody who thinks otherwise would be silly.

But after 5 years things have not changed.

We are still the laughing stock of the AFL.
We still get thumped by 10+goals.
We still blame players.
We still wanna 'Tank'.
Blah blah blah........................

It's just simply not working.....................so why persist with it?

It wasn't working with Ayres.............he's gone & the crows are better for it.
It wasn't working with Eade..............he's gone & the Swans are better for it.
It wasn't working with Schwab..........he's gone & the Hawks are better for it.
It wasn't working with Frawley..........he's gone & Richmond ARE STILL SHIT :lol: ..................but heres a scary stat for you..............

(Not including this season..............)
Richmond with 2 years under wallace have won 21 games.
Carlton with 4 years under pagan HAVE WON JUST 21 games

Add in the 2007 season and pagan, with 2 years up on Wallace, has one just 3 more games than wallace?????????????????

But it's cool....................I'm sure Pagan will come good eventually! :roll:

But again i'm being much to negative about the whole situation...........What does Montey Python always say???? "Always look on the bright side of life?"

Oh well, i guess we could always win another Pre-Season Premiership! They're always fun! :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33  Next