Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 pm 
John James

Stealth wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Sir Michael Voss the messiah? The Proof will be in the pudding. Whoever the coach is, from day one will have the acid test put on him and the Carlton faithful like you and i will be throwing knives at him 'mark my words' at the end of round 22 2008 if we haven't won a few more games that we have this year. I too have really begun to wonder about Pagan's coaching performances, however, i really doubt that there would have been another coach around that could have done much better. Slam me if you want!! Pagan's previous record witn North and U19's speak for itself, shit he came to the arse end of the world when he arrived at Carlton, the laughing stock of the league and has put up with a hell of alot, more than most of you and i can ever imagine or have gone through. Yes, maybe it is time to move on, but he wears Carlton on his heart and sleeve. He has had to work with alot of arseholes at the administration and management level at the CFC and his job would have been alot easier if we at Carlton from the outset had OUR HOUSE in ORDER. Mark my words if he gets a gig at another decent club they will be playing finals football and probably go all the way to a GrandFinal.

God help the next coach who comes to this club. He too will be in for the ride of His life. From Day 1 the Carlton faithful will be breathing down his neck. The Carlton 'Faithful' need their messiah to lead them out of EGYPT into the Promised land. They have stoned MOSES 'Pagan' and are looking for their next messiah. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck because we will need it. Who is the Chosen ONe Carltonians??? As Arnie said 'NO PAIN NO GAIN', Blues more pain to come, no quick fix mentality.

Agree with a lot of what you say. I too have questioned about whether Pagan is the right fit, and tend to think it is time for a fresh start.

What I fear is people thinkng that our current position is all Pagan's fault and that by getting a new coach all of a sudden our troubles are over. We have a bottom 4 performing list, with some potential. We have inept fascillities, and have only recently started funding the football dept to an acceptable level. The right changes are now being made, but we still have a long way to go, Pagan or not.

Last edited by SA Blue on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:29 pm 
Robert Walls

Stealth wrote:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Sir Michael Voss the messiah? The Proof will be in the pudding. Whoever the coach is, from day one will have the acid test put on him and the Carlton faithful like you and i will be throwing knives at him 'mark my words' at the end of round 22 2008 if we haven't won a few more games that we have this year. I too have really begun to wonder about Pagan's coaching performances, however, i really doubt that there would have been another coach around that could have done much better. Slam me if you want!! Pagan's previous record witn North and U19's speak for itself, shit he came to the arse end of the world when he arrived at Carlton, the laughing stock of the league and has put up with a hell of alot, more than most of you and i can ever imagine or have gone through. Yes, maybe it is time to move on, but he wears Carlton on his heart and sleeve. He has had to work with alot of arseholes at the administration and management level at the CFC and his job would have been alot easier if we at Carlton from the outset had OUR HOUSE in ORDER. Mark my words if he gets a gig at another decent club they will be playing finals football and probably go all the way to a GrandFinal.

God help the next coach who comes to this club. He too will be in for the ride of His life. From Day 1 the Carlton faithful will be breathing down his neck. The Carlton 'Faithful' need their messiah to lead them out of EGYPT into the Promised land. They have stoned MOSES 'Pagan' and are looking for their next messiah. SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck because we will need it. Who is the Chosen ONe Carltonians??? As Arnie said 'NO PAIN NO GAIN', Blues more pain to come, no quick fix mentality.

If i want to hear Wayne Careys' views, I'll watch Footy Classified thanks.
Give me a f$%&ing break will you!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:11 pm 
Garry Crane

99prelim wrote:
Stealth wrote:

If i want to hear Wayne Careys' views, I'll watch Footy Classified thanks.
Give me a f$%&ing break will you!!!!!

It saddens me to see what is happening of late in this forum as people turn on posters who have differing views in an aggressive or disrespectful way (even nasty at times).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:38 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Its disappointing that one is shot down for having a different view. In the end we all only see in part. Thats the beauty of this forum that everyone has different views and makes very interesting reading and more often than not helps piece the together the picture.

I totally concur with your comments SA Blue.

As for 99prelim its dissapointing that you have to make such comments. Tryand be objective and let people have their say. Your view is not the only view.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:41 pm 
Robert Walls

Stealth wrote:
Its disappointing that one is shot down for having a different view. In the end we all only see in part. Thats the beauty of this forum that everyone has different views and makes very interesting reading and more often than not helps piece the together the picture.

I totally concur with your comments SA Blue.

As for 99prelim its dissapointing that you have to make such comments. Tryand be objective and let people have their say. Your view is not the only view.

Cheers

fair call (i guess we all feel the frustration at the moment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Well said Stealth,

Sometimes the truth hurts, but you've got to say it as you see it, with an open ear for better suggestions, and of course with poise.

I think your point is that we became the weakest club in every way with the exception of our history. We hit the lowest of the low, and no one, not even histoy's greats such as Pagan, Matthews, Roos, Worsfold, Malthouse, Sheedy, Parkin or Barrassi could have helped us.

We were in the same mental state as anyone who had lost all their assetts, money, friends, family, dignity, hope...a big black hole for 5 years.

As for the part:

Quote:
i really doubt that there would have been another coach around that could have done much better

...well, that's a farfetched opinion...but I know what you mean...it's a possibilty, (but I doubt it) albeit a couple more wins per season, and maybe less spoons.

We did however find friends, family, money, assetts, dignity and hope... and all of these things came from within, not from Pagan.

"No pain No gain" is so true and our pain started long before Pagan. For me, the pain started when our once in generation star had his knee smashed in the final by Knights of Richmond in 2000...we lost our Messiah...we also tied up our money in damaged goods after that...and then the rot set in.

Pagan's timing is bad luck. He read the situation and he made the choice to take the offer; no one held a gun to his head, so he has to take some responsibility for a stagnant 5 years. IMO as the on field boss, Pagan is responsible for his choices, and consequentually, mistakes that he made for this club, he is accountable for. He must take some responsibility, and Stealth you should also be considering this in your 'balanced' post, and not discount his position and his part in some of our failure; after all he's the head coach.

Pagan has had his 'ups' (with a bit of luck), and is having his 'downs' (some bad luck), but despite the fact that Pagan came to a black hole, he hasn't help change a thing for the better (for whatever reason); we did it from within. Our change of fortune, should have been in part from the Head 'super' coach Pagan, but it wasn't, it was our white knight Richard Pratt. We should never forget that, even when the great man passes away.

We can make excuses and feel sorry for Pagan, and I have and do, but when I have to judge Pagan as a success or as a failure (black and white), I would have to consider him a failure, so much so, that I truly believe a different coach could have done a better job than Pagan.

For this reason, I can't entertain the thought that retaining Pagan, let alone picking Pagan to coach, is good or has been good for Carlton in the new millenium.

Like SA Blue said, and I lean the same way:

Quote:
I too have questioned about whether Pagan is the right fit, and tend to think it is time for a fresh start.

The right new coach will be better for Carlton moving forward with this young list of 'hard knocks'; another Pagan will be a catastrophe.

If we get the right next coach, with this list, both he and Carlton FC will be on the gravy train for at least the next decade; but it's time for a change. To remain stagnant and wait for things to change, tio me, is to continue the status quo; a big risk.

It's time to change the coach for the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

According to TFS, Hutchy spoke with Pratt tonight (although for some reason Hutchy wasn't on, Lyon was reporting this), and Pratt said that all decisions regarding the coach would be left to Kernahan and the football department, and that he (Pratt) would not get involved.

Said that he thought that Pagan had done a pretty good job, and that no one could have done bettter.

If this decision is being left to Kernahan, God help us.

Bring back the laurel wreath logo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:30 am 
Adrian Gallagher

Really good post Bondi Blue and really enjoyed reading it. I agree with what you have to say. You make some excellent points.

I too, 99prelim have become fustrated and dissollusioned with what has been happening at the CFC. This forum is a good place to vent our splein, but please lets not tear each other to pieces but as supporters lets share our thoughts and ideas about the club we love and are so passion about. And lets hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:57 am 
Harry Vallence

Siegfried wrote:
According to TFS, Hutchy spoke with Pratt tonight (although for some reason Hutchy wasn't on, Lyon was reporting this), and Pratt said that all decisions regarding the coach would be left to Kernahan and the football department, and that he (Pratt) would not get involved.

PANIC!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:45 am 
Bruce Comben

Stealth oh stealth... Rome wasnt built in a day ?? Now your even starting to sound like Pagan where losing is an accepted part of life.

Admittedly, Pagan has had to do it tough.
So what do you think of Malthouse's feats for 2007 ?? A mirage ???
Or Dean Laidly for that matter ????

How many years of misery will it take to stop the excuses for Pagan?

I can assure you that my heart & soul beats Blue, so this is not a case of getting my kicks on a Friday morning...Im the Real McCoy.

Lets get real. This is footy---> NOT rocket science.
Lets start being competitive again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:05 pm 
Geoff Southby

Siegfried wrote:

Said that he thought that Pagan had done a pretty good job, and that no one could have done bettter.

I'm sure Swann and Icke will help Sticks see the light.. The difference between this time round and decisions past, is that now we've got operators in the footy dept that dont mess around, dont miss their mark , and get things done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:06 pm 
Geoff Southby

Siegfried wrote:

I'm sure Swann and Icke will help Sticks see the light.. The difference between this time round and decisions past, is that now we've got operators in the footy dept that dont mess around, dont miss their mark , and get things done RIGHT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:48 pm 
Harry Vallence

Dominator_7 wrote:
Siegfried wrote:

I'm sure Swann and Icke will help Sticks see the light.. The difference between this time round and decisions past, is that now we've got operators in the footy dept that dont mess around, dont miss their mark , and get things done RIGHT.

Yup, if we left it to Sticks, no decision would be taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:18 pm 
Ken Hunter

Let me tell you all this, sneaky leakers are back........ 8)

Pagan - GAWN, most likely after the end of the season, unless we are being thumped every week. But definately will be pais out and gone.

Voss- if the decision was made now Voss will be our coach, he has been asked to pick his support team, we will have a senior person in charge of Coaching from a board perspective though. Very close to a done deal.

Fevola - No comment.

In other news somebody from somewhere DEFINATELY wants to head back home and he is our NUMBER 1 Target for trade week. Might explain why no comment on Fev.......

Horsies Mouth stuff, if you think I'm full of shit please ignore.

Cheers,

EB

This is my way of saying thanks for not banning me today.... :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:41 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

So in a complicated deal, Deledio, Goddard, Wells and Judd to Carlton for Fev and all our picks? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:45 pm 
Ken Hunter

Jarusa wrote:
So in a complicated deal, Deledio, Goddard, Wells and Judd to Carlton for Fev and all our picks? :lol:

Thats a hole in one! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Siegfried wrote:

When God was handing out the decision making skills, Kerna decided to go out and take a leak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:56 pm 
Herald Sun columnist

Siegfried wrote:

Can you honestly see Dick Pratt sharing any information with a journo of Hutchy's ilk?

“It is a state of mind, a system of belief, a way of seeing the world, a deep faith that, because you are Carlton, you belong to something great.” - Mike Fitzpatrick articulating what Out of the Blue means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:08 pm 
Robert Walls

Electric Blue wrote:
In other news somebody from somewhere DEFINATELY wants to head back home and he is our NUMBER 1 Target for trade week. Might explain why no comment on Fev.......

Hopefully that's Ryan Murphy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:11 pm 
Harry Vallence

Electric Blue wrote:

Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...Oh god PLEASE let it be Judd...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 33  Next