Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:28 am 
Stephen Kernahan

old55 wrote:
Could be a nil all draw this week.

Riley is going to play the kids and we have a heap of injuries.

We need to make sure you get the 5 wins, we've got two chances and we didn't even need to try last year.

Will be even more interesting if Pagan is sacked - two new coaches going at it.

Melbourne's move may have prompted action at Carlton because we would be looking hard at Voss and Ratten.

old55 buddy. Forget Voss/Ratten.

Ive got a proven 2-time premiership coach who has some great one-liners. You can get him for a 50% discount next year. This is aonce offeer, good for 55days only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:38 am 
Horrie Clover

seriously- you want to sack pagan, but you want him to do the "right" thing and leave with voiding his contract.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:51 am 
Melbourne Supporter

buzzaaaah wrote:
old55 buddy. Forget Voss/Ratten.

Ive got a proven 2-time premiership coach who has some great one-liners. You can get him for a 50% discount next year. This is aonce offeer, good for 55days only

I don't know what scares me more - that suggestion or Connolly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:06 pm 
Craig Bradley

I like Dennis and believe that no other coach could have done much better given the cards he was dealt when he first arrived, in fact I would suggest another coach would have bailed by now. That said if we cop a couple more beltings like the last couple then Dennis would well and truely be in the gun.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:08 pm 
Rod Ashman

What does Pagan have to do to get sacked?

1) Suspend Fevola.

2) continue to play hacks such as Ackland, Saddington etc.

3) play players out of position to cover for the weaknesses of players that shouldn't be in the team eg. putting sentanta in the ruck to protect Ackland.

4) and the most laughable decision of all is having gibbs playing in the back pocket. what a joke. There are some players that don't need an apprentiship in defence and Gibbs is one of them. 13 weeks in and he still hasn't learnt... keep going with that Denis.

I think he is on course. I expect no major changes to the team this week in terms of removing the major weaknesses of the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:16 pm 
Geoff Southby

BlueMark wrote:
I like Dennis and believe that no other coach could have done much better given the cards he was dealt when he first arrived, in fact I would suggest another coach would have bailed by now. That said if we cop a couple more beltings like the last couple then Dennis would well and truely be in the gun.

Bailed?

On $650,000 a year with the chance to completely rebuild one of the (former) power teams of the competition? It's a Coach's dream job, surely.

I'm not here to enter the Pagan argument or to deny he had a very hard start with a woeful, ageing list and draft penalties, but bailing with that paypacket in this profession would be the last thing on his mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:40 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Denis must be sitting back thinking

"haha ha ha ha aha, i can get away with @#$%&! ANYTHING around here...."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Sniff Wilson wrote:
Denis must be sitting back thinking

"haha ha ha ha aha, i can get away with flower ANYTHING around here...."

Pagan blames everyone and everything else except himself, gameplan or selection clangers. Couldn't belive that after the 100 pt loss there was only one non-forced ommission. Remember earlier when there were no changes after the 78pt geelong debacle and only one after another thrashing. So only expect one.

And denis really makes me angry with the way he trots out the old gratuitous:

"We just made horrific errors on the day'
" We obviously got a very young group and a HIGH PERCENTAGE are trying as hard as they can".

Must be good for the low percentage who aren't!!"

"Whenever we LOOKED THREATENING" early in the game we turned it over with a bodgie kick or an ineffective handball.

Just check his statements each week and he will trot out variables to these and I've had enough.

Remember Billy Sneddon when he got smashed in an election years ago _ we didn't win but we didn't lose!!

Piss off denis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:58 pm 
Wayne Johnston

We will win 5 games this year. Miss the priority pick. Not be able to trade fev, re-sign lance, lose a couple of kids and keep pagan.

Mark my words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:04 pm 
Harry Vallence

Pagan is already gone maybe if we suffer another embarrising loss to the Demons or maybe at seasons end

Prob if Voss was able to coach now he wuld be sacked already

Pagan wont be here in 2008 i do believe that the board with Swan and Icke have already made this decision just that they prob want to implement this by season end

Voss would be high on there list he has a team already he has already made himself availble for senior coach in 2008

The team that Voss has put together that are rumoured to be Lambert and Thomas now wasnt so sure of Thomas until i heard him on Sen This morning was interesting hearing Grant discuss Fev and he spoke like we will assess Fev over next 9 weeks. He believed Fev should be reprimanded and has to change his ways to still be part of the club in 2008 or he would be traded. He spoke like he was one of the people making the assessment on Fev before he checked himself and said if i was part of the CFC. come 11.30am this morning Press conference and Fev is suspended and told to look at himself and make to come back and express if he is part of the CFC

be very intersting how the remainder of 2007

of course this could all be just coincidence but there is definately lots happening behind the scenes.

I am certain Swan who has been watching and learning more about the CFC and its issues is now starting to put his imprint on the CFC.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:14 pm 
Bruce Comben

Beginning a sack Pagan petition. Or at least if we continue or losing trot over the next couple of weeks.

We shouldnt be losing like this! Yes Fev was a fair dinkum dipstick on the weekend, but it's time we looked at where the real flower problem lies!

No, we're not expected to be worldbeaters this season, but what we've put to the table the last couple of weeks has been pathetic!

And its clear that the problem stems from above the shoulders.. The Pagan mentality of saving games in the past and trying to protect his ass, recruiting the likes of Cain Ackland were pathetic!! And a 3 year deal, what a flower joke!!

For so long we've been on here on Talking Carlton, pushing for a new coach, observing the playing list lose confidence and faith.

Honestly guys, this is bullshit!! At the end of the day us supporters have been let down for 6 flower years now!! 2002 was the start of a nightmare, now we see the light at the end of the tunnel, but continue to stagnate due to a game plan with no direction, a coach who has become burnt out (due to what he inherited though believe)..

Due to this he has lost it, We need to show the club that we have had enough, Melbourne bit the bullet and sacked their coach knowing the time was up, Neales been much better than Pagan over the last few years.

Us supporters and members have the power to fight against the board and spill the board, The end of the year is too long away!!

I dont blame Fevola for being at his wits end atm!! Who could?? WE ARE NOT MOVING FORWARD, we are moving forward at a very SLOW pace.

We need a young coach with fresh ideas, we need leadership, we need a 'no excuses' mentality, the mentality which us a force to be reckoned with for decades!!

Fev must have been having a ball over the last few years, being the big fish in a polluted pond, ok, ive added up his successes since 2002, and we can add Lappin, Kouta etc.. to that list..

Ok, since 2002 we have won 28, Drawn 2, Lost 123

@#$%&! pathetic!! Ok, thats the reality!

Ok, statistics sometimes lie, but we now see we have had a gameplan which has worked pretty well, but just like the wizzer cup of 2005, once our game plan has been worked out, WE HAVE NO PLAN B!!!

The very things holding this great club back, and keeping us down the bottom, we must act now!! Imagine a Malthouse at the club what influence he would have on youngsters such as Kennedy, Hartlett, Blackwell, who have been absolutely murdered by our MC!!

Guys, i think we should very seriously consider beginning a petition for Pagan to be removed!

177pts in 2 weeks, with a team as capable as ours is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! And what are we gonna say Fev cost us 177pts over 2 weeks??

Bullshit! In fact he was showing good form in the first half last week before we put the table that insipid performance.

.........LETS START A PETITION FOR PAGAN TO BE REMOVED...........

I love this club and im sick to death of the mediocre image Pagan generates.

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 pm 
Wayne Johnston

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

is it 2006 again????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:23 pm 
Harry Vallence

No need for a petition, if Pagan can't stop the big uncompetitive loses he will be gone by year's end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:30 pm 
Bruce Comben

79Vintage wrote:
No need for a petition, if Pagan can't stop the big uncompetitive loses he will be gone by year's end.

Not good enough! The players, supporters have had enough..

Melbourne bit then bullet right then and there with Daniher, enough is enough, i want him gone now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:38 pm 
Harry Vallence

He is gone already just when in the next 9 weeks will be up to Swan and the board to decide i reckon they have already made a decsion on who is taking over

Pagan is gone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:03 pm 
Horrie Clover

Mate I would sign any petition that gets rid of Pagan. In fact I would sleep in the princess park car park for as long as it takes if I knew it would rid us of him, but shit he seems just so untouchable and why I will never understand. He has been the worst performing coach in the history of the Carlton football club.

Wolfe you seem so confident that he's gone, but on what do you base your opinion if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Wolfe wrote:
He is gone already just when in the next 9 weeks will be up to Swan and the board to decide i reckon they have already made a decsion on who is taking over

Pagan is gone

You keep saying Pagan is gone,i don't believe you :!:
Why would they allow him to be involved in such a critical decision(Fev) if he was gone :?:

Time to back up your statements :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

Just stuff i been passed on from some people who know things happening at club level but like everyone i just hope it is true and not crap. I am not sure if it Will be Voss that was the name that was put up with high confidence.

I be more inclined to believe that the Blues are doing things in the background and that Pagans days are numbered but will be keen to see if Voss does become coach in 2008

Anyway i think there is a lot of pressure on CFC and PAGAN that supporters and members are wanting change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:21 pm 
formerly Fevola

You watch, we will beat an undermanned tanking Melbourne this week and then suddenly pagan will be a genius, and they will justify Fev not playing.

I cannot believe what is happening at this club at the moment. I hate Pagan so much, he is ruining this club.

Mark my words we will win this week, and then they will back pagan up

Bloody oath, why shouldn't we start a petition. I will camp outside MC labour park all night if I have to.

I dont even feel like going to the footy this week and if you knew me you would spin out that I am saying this.

I am not a happy girl at the moment. I Love the Fev and I am shattered like you would not believe. He is the only one that has made me smile over the last few years, as we have been so so bad, the only one to publicly stuck up for us in these bad times. He deserved this but it could of been handled better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

We'll be in deep shit if Fev walks before Voss or whoever is appointed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 33  Next