Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:07 pm 
Ken Hands

One thing that worries me about the club is the power of Kernahan,he can do no wrong.He has been on the match commitee for years during our worst years maybe he is the problem.His backflips are ridiculous.I know for a fact that Swan was unable to solve the Mitchell/Pagan saga because of Pratt listening
to Kernahan.Kernahan and only him stopped Mitchell from getting the flick.Maybe he, Pagan and Mitchell should go and a new Chairman of the Match committee be appointed.Could we do any worse I doubt it
What do you think is he the problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:08 pm 
Ken Hands

One thing that worries me about the club is the power of Kernahan,he can do no wrong.He has been on the match commitee for years during our worst years maybe he is the problem.His backflips are ridiculous.I know for a fact that Swan was unable to solve the Mitchell/Pagan saga because of Pratt listening
to Kernahan.Kernahan and only him stopped Mitchell from getting the flick.Maybe he, Pagan and Mitchell should go and a new Chairman of the Match committee be appointed.Could we do any worse I doubt it

Post subject: Channel 7 Newsbreak
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 pm 
Bob Chitty

Rumours mongers start your engines!!!

Pratt has called a meeting of the bord for tomorrow. It is unclear as to whether the meeting was scheduled to be held this week or next however after the performance in Brisbane Pratt upon arriving in Melbourne told the waiting throng that " A Board meeting would be held on Monday and the the Coaching position was on the agenda"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:11 pm 
Horrie Clover

hotspur wrote:

One thing's for sure there will be no lasting solution as long as he is still around.

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:12 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Good news a step in the right direction.

But for F...***%%ks sake do you we only blame the coach?

What about the MC? What about recruiting?

Mate, huge questions about Stephen Kernahan?

Tell me why that our players aren't having a go, showing heart, showing

pride for wearing the NAVY BlUE jumper.

Bloody hell, talk about lack of leadership? Never has been any this year

on the field. And only lately there has been some off the field.

I just hope that this time next year are making some positive inroads.

We are bloody rabble and it shouldn't be just denis pagan that is given

the arse!!! Alot of senior players can also be shown the door!!!

Post subject: Re: Channel 7 Newsbreak
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:15 pm 
Horrie Clover

SHHH! wrote:
Rumours mongers start your engines!!!

Pratt has called a meeting of the bord for tomorrow. It is unclear as to whether the meeting was scheduled to be held this week or next however after the performance in Brisbane Pratt upon arriving in Melbourne told the waiting throng that " A Board meeting would be held on Monday and the the Coaching position was on the agenda"

Time for some big balls decision making!

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

I hope Kernahan steps down from the board and the MC, as well. Pity such a champion player and reputation will be forever tarnished and off set with poor off field decision making.

We all know that Tuesday will be the announcement of Pagan getting sacked. Hopefully, Kernahan follows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:23 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

I just hope Paul, we are going to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
It's a sad sad way for your little bro to have to go out after giving so much to this club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:25 pm 
formerly Fevola

Stealth

Excuse me for being rude, by why in the hell have you posted the exact same post on three different topics. Are you trying to be a smart a@# ? Are you a Pagan backer by any chance ? If I remember correctly you were also a Smorgon backer.

Don't push it in here at the moment, as we are all pissed off as it is...... Post your bit and your are entitled to your opinion but dont clog up every topic.

Sorry had to say this.............

I have had a gutfull of people saying why blame the coach. Who else in the hell are we to blame. yes you can say the players but who is responsible for the players............... Pagan is killing my club at the moment, and I am very very pissed off.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Pag ... 42041.html

More records:

- Today was our second worst loss in history (behind the embarassment against the Roos a few years ago)
- This is the first time since St Kilda in 1985 that a team has leaked triple figures for 15 straight games in one season.
- And of the 11 defeats of 100 points or more in Carlton's history, six have come under Pagan

I'm sorry, but I absolutely REFUSE to believe that the batch of players we have now is that much worse than what Brisbane has.

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:26 pm 
Ken Hands

When a new coach is appointed it will be interesting to see what happens to the following
Russell, Wiggins, Acland- is this the end-Fevola -will he be traded
Whitnall- will he be kept,Betts- is he good enough
Bentick- can he improve,
Walker- will he live up to his 1st game

A new coach will have some drastic decisions to make,lets hope he makes the right ones .Already gone are Saddo.Bannister.Mclaren,Teague,Hartlett and Raso

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:30 pm 
Horrie Clover

hotspur wrote:
When a new coach is appointed it will be interesting to see what happens to the following
Russell, Wiggins, Acland- is this the end-Fevola -will he be traded
Whitnall- will he be kept,Betts- is he good enough
Bentick- can he improve,
Walker- will he live up to his 1st game

A new coach will have some drastic decisions to make,lets hope he makes the right ones .Already gone are Saddo.Bannister.Mclaren,Teague,Hartlett and Raso

Hartlett...? Already gone?....u've lost the plot man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:30 pm 
Harry Vallence

Mitchell should be shown the door, right behind Pagan. They're both killing the club, with their stupid little spat. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:38 pm 
Ken Hands

to the dominator apart from being injured what has Hartlett done to keep
his spot for next year .Am I losing the plot I doubt it [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:39 pm 
Laurie Kerr

For everyone that's wanted to get rid of Pagan this was the perfect storm - there is no way Pratt would stand for this.

Now, once Pagan goes there are a couple of other dominos:

* don't play Fev for the rest of the year (like Aker last year). The playing group don't like him. Let him get his rocks off on the footy show the sook
* drop Scotland and get rid of him. He's another selfish flower who only cares about his stats (and hitting pubs with the younger players)
* put Houlihan on notice. I'd keep him but JUST....

Notice how these are three players Pagan defends to the hilt. There's something rotten, this group aren't a 117pt worse side than Brisbane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:11 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Fevola, let me make this very clear,

I am not a pagan lover, I wasn't a smorgan lover.

I have blue blood running through me.

No way am i trying to be a smart arse. Bro, i am guttered after today's result and feel pretty dissolusioned. I am entitled to an opinion and please let me voice it. I agree changes have to be now. I have always tried to see the best in people and give them a chance. 5yrs is a long time and its time for a change. But, God help us if we are having this same discussion in a years time. Lets hope that those at the top have the guts to make the real hard descision.
Cheers Fevola , love your passion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 pm 
Horrie Clover

hotspur wrote:
to the dominator apart from being injured what has Hartlett done to keep
his spot for next year .Am I losing the plot I doubt it
[/quote]

How can you possibly group Hartlett in with the other has beens you've mentioned and still call urself sane? Think about it man...how many senior games has he played for you to just cast him aside? Try to be even a little bit realistic and a tad less dramatic...however I must agree with most of the others you've mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:51 pm 
Ken Hunter

The final dagger will be in before lunch tomorrow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:53 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Electric Blue wrote:
The final dagger will be in before lunch tomorrow....

"please explain?" .. isn't the Board meetiing tomorrow evening?

Post subject: What I'd love to see...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:05 pm 
Bert Deacon

Pagan to last the season, but take him off the MC.
Mitchell to go immediately.
Voss or whoever to come on right now as assistant coach, with the promise to be senior coach next year.
Rest Gibbs, Walker, whoever is injured. They're going to have a big pre-season.
Pull as many of the kids back into the 2's as possible. I'm worried they'll lose their spirit completely the way they're going. Saddo, Teague, McLaren, etc back in for the last couple of weeks.
Put the Ants under the new coach an let him run their game plan. Let some of our young guns like Murph, Gibbsie (if he's ok), JK, etc run amok in the 2's and remember why they love the game.

Maybe not a good way to go, but I don't think there are any good ways at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next