Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:56 am 
Geoff Southby

Anyone with any inside info on which way the Board will be swinging tonight ? I swear if we keep Pagan, thats the end of me attending games until he's gone (and I havent missed any of our matches in Melbourne for years).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dominator_7 wrote:
Anyone with any inside info on which way the Board will be swinging tonight ? I swear if we keep Pagan, thats the end of me attending games until he's gone (and I havent missed any of our matches in Melbourne for years).

Let's just hope that Sticks isn't the one drawing Pagan's keys out of the fishbowl. He might sit on the fence again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

cj69 wrote:
Just on Ch 7 news.

Pratt, Swann, Icke and Kernahan holding a meeting with Pagan now somewhere in Melbourne CBD. Pagan asked to resign and has declined.

Expected to be sacked and decision ratified at tonights Board Meeting!!!

That's an interesting one. Hard to know how legit it is, but certainly sounds plausible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:04 pm 
Bruce Doull

cj69 wrote:
Just on Ch 7 news.

Pratt, Swann, Icke and Kernahan holding a meeting with Pagan now somewhere in Melbourne CBD. Pagan asked to resign and has declined.

Expected to be sacked and decision ratified at tonights Board Meeting!!!

Of course he won't resign. He said it yesterday "I'm no quitter", which of course means "Sack me and pay me my @#$%&! money"

#GUILTY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:05 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Brock Landers wrote:
don't be too sure about Voss being the preferred candidate. The guy that is best suited will get the role not the one the media are spruiking. The process to find our next coach will be very calculated and Swann will be taking charge of the process not sticks or any other influencing faction. I think that the club admire the way hawthorn went about getting the best man for the job and not the man the media thought was the best (Ayres). Chris Bond is ticking a lot of boxes and again as I previously have stated he is leading the unofficial pack as we speak.

I'm not sold on Bond. I'm sure he's a great assistant coach. Doesnt automatically make him a great coach. Look at the premiership coaches and you see a group of guys who the players respect so much, they try everything to please them. Also they are a bit scared of letting them down. Worsfold, matthews, Roos, Williams, malthouse. I dont see Bond recieving that level of committment. He's a nice guy, that may be his problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm 
Harry Vallence

buzzaaaah wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:
don't be too sure about Voss being the preferred candidate. The guy that is best suited will get the role not the one the media are spruiking. The process to find our next coach will be very calculated and Swann will be taking charge of the process not sticks or any other influencing faction. I think that the club admire the way hawthorn went about getting the best man for the job and not the man the media thought was the best (Ayres). Chris Bond is ticking a lot of boxes and again as I previously have stated he is leading the unofficial pack as we speak.

I'm not sold on Bond. I'm sure he's a great assistant coach. Doesnt automatically make him a great coach. Look at the premiership coaches and you see a group of guys who the players respect so much, they try everything to please them. Also they are a bit scared of letting them down. Worsfold, matthews, Roos, Williams, malthouse. I dont see Bond recieving that level of committment. He's a nice guy, that may be his problem

GUY MCKENNA IS THE MAN :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:19 pm 
Ken Hunter

Electric Blue wrote:
The final dagger will be in before lunch tomorrow....

Dont eat lunch untill you hear further........

*I refuse to be wrong twice about this*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:21 pm 
Bruce Doull

Electric Blue wrote:
Electric Blue wrote:
The final dagger will be in before lunch tomorrow....

Dont eat lunch untill you hear further........

*I refuse to be wrong twice about this*

:lol:

But I'm staaaaaarving!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:21 pm 
Bob Chitty

Already had my lunch EB...looks like you are wrong again :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:22 pm 
formerly Josh Kaplan

EB's right
Pagan gone in a matter of hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

Chips wrote:
Already had my lunch EB...looks like you are wrong again :P

You guys do realise I live in Perth now right?

and I did have a big morning tea......

So maybe a bit of a late lunch, I hear Mrs Pagan is making sandwiches...

*I would have thought if he was told to @#$%&! off he would go! :evil: It s only a matter of money though.

Carlton offered him a graceful exit and a reduced payout he declined.....
this may be a little ugly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:28 pm 
Garry Crane

Speakers wrote:
Synbad wrote:
From what i understand...
Pagan is gone
Voss will most likely be coach.

Now i dont know if theyll get rid of Pagan before the end of the year... but he wont be here next year.

I think we're getting mail from the same person bro.

What - The Argus?, the Bostonian?, Sportal.com?, Foxsports?, Channel 10?, Channel 7?, SBS?, the ABC?, Jon Faine?, SEN?, Rex Hunt?, ESPN?, Al Jazihrah TV?,

God, every media outlet in the known universe has been carrying this rumour for at least 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

Lunch was nice, Chicken and sweet Corn Soup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:47 pm 
Harry Vallence

Excellent call EB, i went to boil the kettle for my cup noodles and just then i heard the news. The noodles were good aswell :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:19 pm 
Serge Silvagni

the pleasure and pain of it all

bye bye pick 1 & 3.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:59 pm 
formerly p(12)terg

winfieldblue wrote:
the pleasure and pain of it all

bye bye pick 1 & 3.. :(
Yeh, but hello restored pride!

Man, this really made my day - my team-leader at work came up after lunch to deliver the news .. I checked on carltonfc.com.au and nothing after Hoops' empassioned plea to stick with them .. I checked the sports section of au.news.yahoo and there it was ... we might well stand a chance on Saturday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 pm 
Ken Hands

I would be happy with two or three wins to restore pride and a competitive effort in the other games.

I am so sick of the losses. There have been so many errors with team selections, in particular over this year, that I hope the removal of Pagan means the end of selecting gutless football players like Ackland.

On the football field he backs away from the contest and I can't stand that when you think back to the ruckmen that have represented this club.

Ruckmen are supposed to be the leaders - they are supposed to inspire. That is impossible with Ackland in the team.

Bring in Jacobs - he kicked two goals on the weekend. Give him a go - ok he might be overawed but he has the eye of a competitor. let's start the recovery this weekend from the most important position on the field down.

Let's build a spine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:42 pm 
Rod Ashman

Credit to Melvey, who was on the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:23 pm 
Horrie Clover

1979 Norm Smith medal wrote:
I would be happy with two or three wins to restore pride and a competitive effort in the other games.

I am so sick of the losses. There have been so many errors with team selections, in particular over this year, that I hope the removal of Pagan means the end of selecting gutless football players like Ackland.

On the football field he backs away from the contest and I can't stand that when you think back to the ruckmen that have represented this club.

Ruckmen are supposed to be the leaders - they are supposed to inspire. That is impossible with Ackland in the team.

Bring in Jacobs - he kicked two goals on the weekend. Give him a go - ok he might be overawed but he has the eye of a competitor. let's start the recovery this weekend from the most important position on the field down.

Let's build a spine.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but late in the last quarter against Brisbane, the ball was in the middle of the ground and in the background you could see the Carlton bench and there was Ackland sitting there pissing himself laughing...we were already over 100 pts behind at that stage. This guy is an absolute disgrace to himself and our club. Should be booted out immediately.

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33