Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next

Should Pagan be Sacked?
Yes (NOW) 57%  57%  [ 106 ]
Yes (At the end of season) 36%  36%  [ 67 ]
No (There is no better man for the Job) 6%  6%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 185
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:25 pm 
formerly Fevola

i dont think that anyone thinks that a new coach will solve all our problems, but we need to make changes. Pagan has had long enough and we need to now try someone new.

We are just tired of that same old shit. Clearly Pagan is not passionate enough and has tried everything he knows.

I am starting to think that he is never leaving our club though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 pm 
Harry Vallence

Ryan is correct if some of the changes that have occured in previous coach changes Teams such as Westcoast / Adelaide / Swans / Hawks ect

Pagans change to blues has gone from bad to worse considering that if we had given Pagan a 5 year job the fact that with what potentially should be a better list after 5 years at the job we are being more frequently belted by 10 Goal margins.

The change should occur because Pagan is
* Paid a high amount and for the results delivered very little
* The frequecy of the 10 Goal losses has increased more in a season even though scores of less than 100 point losses are less
* Out of touch with the list
* No comunication with the reserves coach
* regardless if the fact that he is coach and semi endorsed by the board he has been sacked and then re-appointed
* Lack of game time
* weakness with the new recruits and younger players with giving game time and confidence
* Lack of Spirit
* lack of confidence
* lack of leadership

The list could go on and on and a change definately will be nowhere near as bad as we are currently travelling .

A Young coach is what is needed for the team to bring the team together / to respect the coach / Instill leadership and most importantly make a plan A and Plan B that works with our list.

A Voss or Mckenna will definately bring some positive change to our list.

PS also Freo will sign up Sumich he would be the gun replacement for Connelly prob as he is over in the West.

Pagan will not get a gig at any club after 2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:14 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nice to see Carey again talking up his mate on confidential tonight. How many times does he need to interrupt a completely different topic of conversation to ask "Who could've done better than Denis Pagan?"

Methinks there's been some chitter chatter going on between those two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:46 am 
Horrie Clover

Flower Carey he's a loser and his opinion on anything football or otherwise holds no weight.

I gotta agree with Ryan man FFS get rid of Pagan ASAP. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject: murphy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 am 
Rod McGregor

i was listening to SEN this morning (approx 6:15am) and a caller said "andy have you heard that murphy isnt happy and doesnt want to sign another contract"

this got me pissed off! ffs make a decision carlton, i dont want to lose players like murphy, i would rather murphy than a pp!

Post subject: Re: murphy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:52 am 
Mike Fitzpatrick

thehulk wrote:
i was listening to SEN this morning (approx 6:15am) and a caller said "andy have you heard that murphy isnt happy and doesnt want to sign another contract"

this got me pissed off! ffs make a decision carlton, i dont want to lose players like murphy, i would rather murphy than a pp!

I know it is probable silly, but I did notice the last couple of times I saw Murph he looked grumpy and at the kids clinic he avoided the kids after the run and went home as soon as he had changed...... but then again.... not going to get hysterical because of this and a rumour. BTW doen's he have another year left on his contract? I thought he had signed a 3 year deal instead of 2 years when joining?

Post subject: Re: murphy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:57 am 
Harry Vallence

thehulk wrote:

Hopefully that is a false rumour but he just doesn't look happy when he is playing. The kid is getting killed at the moment due to weak individuals such as Scotland, Whitnall, etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:04 am 
Geoff Southby

Yep, he's signed until the end of next year..

However, you can totally understand why Murph would be a bit grumpy at the moment.. what with Stevo out of action all year and the young man having to cop the oppositions best tagger week in week out life wouldnt be easy for him right about now.

Come next year, a new coach, improved player welfare and hopefully a more competative winning team will cure Murph's blues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:59 am 
Craig Bradley

[quote="Dominator_7"]Yep, he's signed until the end of next year..

However, you can totally understand why Murph would be a bit grumpy at the moment.. what with Stevo out of action all year and the young man having to cop the oppositions best tagger week in week out life wouldnt be easy for him right about now.

Come next year, a new coach, improved player welfare and hopefully a more competative winning team will cure Murph's blues

Wouldn't worry about Murph he has the advantage of being able to talk it all through with his old man, who has been there done that. Let's not forget he is still a kid. With stevo back , Gibbs improving and maybe a hardarse (Kerr?) midfielder via trade, next year he will have the support he needs (I hope).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:04 pm 
Laurie Kerr

People who defend Pagan like Wayne Carey say this "well who could have done a better job than Dennis Pagan?"

I would like to ask Wayne Carey and other like minded individuals this "Who could have done worse at Cartlon?"

Simple. Case closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:07 pm 
Laurie Kerr

I can confirm that if Pagan was at Carlton next year Murphy would not be happy and would have probably asked to be traded. He like many others do not like Pagan and one more year when be torture.

Murphy is a good kid, we need more of his ilk around the club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

bluejoker wrote:
I can confirm that if Pagan was at Carlton next year Murphy would not be happy and would have probably asked to be traded. He like many others do not like Pagan and one more year when be torture.

Murphy is a good kid, we need more of his ilk around the club

Not saying your bullshiting or anything but can i ask (without you saying too much to get yourself in trouble) How can you confirm this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:32 pm 
Horrie Clover

Daniher, Connolly and maybe Sheedy will ulimately get the boot for failing to make finals. Pagan on the back of two wooden spoons is the best man for the job according to some so called experts like Wayne Carey.
Sorry Wayne, but when the players despise the coach and are in fear of winning games due to the fact he might stay on then it is time to go. If Pagan is not removed the damage to this club would be irriversable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:58 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Reading through the posts I notice the growing popularity phrase of, "when Pagan is not coach next year.............."

What I wanna know is, what are we going to do if is here next year ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:07 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Outback Blue wrote:
Reading through the posts I notice the growing popularity phrase of, "when Pagan is not coach next year.............."

What I wanna know is, what are we going to do if is here next year ????

Speaking for myself, I'd be grabbing champagne bottles...

And popping the corks directly into my eyes. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Loyal Carltonian wrote:
... but when the players despise the coach and are in fear of winning games due to the fact he might stay on then it is time to go. irriversable.

That's a big statement to make dude, not that i'm rebutting it or don't believe it but, is that call you can make with confidence?

From an outside observer, thats how I see it too.... jesus i hope thats the case in a way, coz i'd be seriously frightened if we are actually THIS bad a team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:16 pm 
Harry Vallence

How many Carlton Members signatures would we need at the next home game to get rid of Pagan?

If a majority of members aint happy then they should comply. Basically members are the shareholders of the club, we do have a say.

A signature petition would be better then bitching about pagan on here, has no impact here.

I'm sure if someone handed the club a 1000 or more members not happy with Pagan he will definantly get turfed.

If anyone is happy to start it, im happy to sign hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:23 pm 
Wayne Johnston

I wouldn't worry about Murphy. He can be pissed off all he likes, what he needs to do is address the issues through the right channels, let his throughts be known. Who knows a few more of the skeletons may follow may be pulled out of the closet!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:25 pm 
Horrie Clover

Outback Blue wrote:

What I wanna know is, what are we going to do if he is here next year ????

Well for me I will take the year off AFL and get right behind my second favorite football team in the world.

...until he's gone and then I'll jump back on again.

FFS if anyone is listening GET RID OF PAGAN NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
PRETTTTYYYYYY PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:50 pm 
formerly Fevola

I really cannot see Murphy having that sort of character, if so I would be disappointed.

I reckon we should get a petition going at our next home game, which is against St Kilda.

We members can get changes made ie Smorgon......... True its not use bitching here, lets make it known to the board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 659 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 33  Next