Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:10 pm 
Craig Bradley

just would like to point out something to all the nay sayers that seemed to have flooded this site the last few days.

dismiss it all you want, but West Coast at the moment i would rate as the best team in the league.

And during the Wizard Cup - we beat them.

We beat them even when they asked questions of us, we beat them and we played the football that we can and now have come to expect that we play.

The difference after 5 rounds - accuracy.

West coast are 5-0
Carlton are 1-1-3 - but with improved accuracy we could very easily be sitting 5-0 as well.

And how the media would be going on, wizzer cup final teams both leading the charge.

I seemed to be harping on about the issue but i think it is extremelly important to recognise this issue at hand.

We sit with 5th highest total score in the AFL, and that is still whilst kicking very inaccurately.

However, i am willing to concede that we also have the most scored against us and alot of that could and should be directed to the fact that we had both our FB & CHB out for all games we have played this year thus far. When both are playing together again, like in the Wizard Cup, our defence will be alot tighter that it has been.

But the fact that we are the 5th highest total score and considering our inaccuracy it shows that what we are doing is working, and working well.

For all the nay sayers out there, our plight is quite simply.

We kick with more effeciency in front of goals and we will win.

There is no need to talk of trading players, dropping players, having the preverbial broom sweep through the club at years end.

The game plan is working, and what better we are still getting plenty of chances without Lance and Fevola getting mountains of the ball.

Its working people - we need to improve on our accuracy and then we will be flying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:13 pm 
Craig Bradley

i expect the negative conclusions people are making about our club from outsiders, but some of the comments ive seen here are appauling.

to quote darren hinch

shame, shame, shame.

i hope these same people that are so quick to thrown scorn upon those that wear the dark navy blues are the first here when we starting kicking with better accuracy and winning again.

I expect every single one of you to come forth and declare, in the words of Mark Willians, You Were Wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Well if we didnt win the wizzer there would be bothing.
We just didnt take advantage of the start ....
Pity that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

I totally agree Prez.

It disappoints me so much when we turn into ferals after a loss. I always thought Carlton supporters were better than that.

I think of the season as a long match. So far we're about halfway through the first quarter. We're behind by about 3 goals. We're not making the most of our opportunities. Denis hasn't fine tuned the matchups quite right.

Give it til we're approaching "half time" then we'll be even with the board, if not ahead.

Faith people.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:24 pm 
Ken Hunter

while I agree accuracy has hurt us and two key defensive posts have really hurt the other thing is that in the Wizard's cup the bigger bench also helped us keep the prsssure on but with a smaller interchange we seemt o be suffering laspes that cost us games.

at times yesterday we played like crap yet in the end we lost by 19 points. This is a great sign and when we have a big marking forward and another big body to help T-Bird down back we shall start to win games.

There is a lot to like about this side, its committment cannot be questioned but it lacks two big (pack busting) bodies to help the smalls out.

Oh and I wish Eddie had have played yesterday - his pace might have been interesting in our forward 50 - but we are better than last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:53 pm 
Geoff Southby

I try to stay positive but bad kicking is bad football. Easy to say if we kicked straight but I just don't think we have enough players who can kick.