Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

Preference is for Woosha to coach the Blues.

Would have a strong philosophy of having well built players in the side - something we haven't had - will help intimidate our opposition and get that toughness about us.

Woosha has been at the blues before and knows the culture, so he'd hit the ground running, if appointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:56 pm 
Harry Vallence

TheGame wrote:
Hoggy33 wrote:
Corey McKernan anyone?

What's Clive doing?

Unless Richard's buying him Frostbites AND Billboards, he wouldn't coach us for QUIDS.

QUIDS I TELL YA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:56 pm 
Rod Ashman

The experienced coach market is a fairly tight one, but financial and other incentives can indeed prize doors open.

Interesting whether the influence of Dick Pratt will be sufficient to prize some of the names mentioned in this thread loose so that they sign up with the blues.

My view is and always has been since 2001 that we triumph with a very young coach in his first year. This is what I saw or, more correctly, the view I never sought, but was given.

Ever since that time I have been steadfastly faithful to those future events that I had the privilage of receiving.

Now whether this is the first year as an afl coach or just the first year as a Carlton coach I'm not totally sure.

Ive always felt that the next coach is in his first year as an afl coach and has not coached at afl level previously.

I have always believed that Brett Ratten is this man of footballing destiny who leads Carlton to a new era of success.

I have felt that he is appointed senior coach after acting for a time as a caretaker coach following the departure of Pagan.

Brett's excellent performances at the club while he is a caretaker coach is the thing that gets him the senior coaches position.

But it is true that a young coach that has worked as senior coach at another afl club is also a possibility.

Another more remote possibility is the coach following Pagan is an older coach that fails in a spectacular fashion and is sacked - to be replaced with a new young coach who succeeds - However because this scenario unduly prolongs our misery I discounted it.

The one and most important thing that I have always believed is that Carlton comes out of the worst period in our history by winning an opportunistic premiership in a brazenly audacious manner which shocks, surprises and angers the entire football community and stamps Carlton as the best club in the land..

The influence of the new young coach it pivotal to this incredible outcome and the exact timing is uncertain - but it could be as early as 2009.

Last edited by blueman on Wed May 09, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

What about BIG RED!Smartest player going around,games passed him by physically but mentally :idea: :idea: :idea: hang on he speaks to quick,no-one would understand him.That leaves us with Woosha ,please tell me why he would leave a team that will probably win the next couple of flags :?: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:29 pm 
Rod Ashman

imitation_of_life wrote:
i reckon we should take our our pick of the coaches, the same way we did with Swann and Icke.

perhaps a big offer to neil craig? i personally think he's about the best going round

Boy if we play the same style football as Adelaide I won't be impressed. Good track record, very ugly footy.

Besides, by the time Pagan gives it away *with a few cups under his belt, job done at Carlton*, it'll be a good 6-8 years. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:45 am 
Ken Hunter

Has he contacted Blighty yet? Does he have the fire in the belly again?
Because other than Matthews and Worsfold, which I will say again, I doubt either will leave their current environments, Blighty would be the one but only if he "wanted" to and was "eager".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:31 pm 
Harry Vallence

Malcom Blight is not the messiah.

I would prefer Jimmy Plunkett than Blight.

what is the Plunkett up to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:54 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

bluebeard wrote:
Malcom Blight is not the messiah.

I would prefer Jimmy Plunkett than Blight.

what is the Plunkett up to?

I think he's actually in a coaching role with the Northern Knights, having retired from playing last season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:12 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Mark J wrote:
That leaves us with Woosha ,please tell me why he would leave a team that will probably win the next couple of flags :?: :?

It would take a rediculous amount and a loooong contract to get Worsfold or Roos.

I'm sure there are other young gun coaches out there waiting for a chance who would be happy with a 2 year contract with reasonable terms.
Find one Swannee!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:22 pm 
John James

I personally am happy to keep Pagan after next year if things are improving from here on. Once we get to the Finals, he will be as good as anyone to lead us to the Grand Finals or Premiership.

If Roos is at all considering leaving, then I would prefer him, but if not Pagan is our man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:24 pm 
Harry Vallence

samblueboy wrote:
I personally am happy to keep Pagan after next year if things are improving from here on. Once we get to the Finals, he will be as good as anyone to lead us to the Grand Finals or Premiership.

If Roos is at all considering leaving, then I would prefer him, but if not Pagan is our man.

WOW!

I dont know where you get all that patience from.

5 years of utter shit and you think he has done a good job and is our future!

I dont understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:26 pm 
Ken Hunter

*bluey by name.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:29 pm 
Harry Vallence

Electric Blue wrote:
*bluey by name.........

....and by nature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:34 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

Blight is out.....he's fallen in love with Noosa and Golf; and why not?

Woosha's really just started; it's his home State; he's got the best list in the land, and he still owns Chemist Shops there.

Apparently; Lethal is now a happy Queenslander too.....although....the challenge may attract him.

Guy McKenna's an interesting one.....I'd discount Mark Harvey or Brian Royal who have both been passed over by others.....John Longmire is a hidden quantity.....he's under Roos; but what else has he done?

Ratts worries me.....is it his directive to keep bombing the ball to a surrounded Fevola?.....or is that from Denis alone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:38 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Warby wrote:
Ratts worries me.....is it his directive to keep bombing the ball to a surrounded Fevola?.....or is that from Denis alone?

NO! no no no ...it's all Denis! ...SACK DENIS!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:38 pm 
Horrie Clover

Malthouse otherwise Mckenna

Thanks for the memories Kouta. You are and always will be a True Blue Carlton Legend. #43.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:42 pm 
Trevor Keogh

i have been sitting on a couple of rumours for a while now but i have to get it off my chest..

I know a certain ex-player who is still close to the Carlton fraternity who assures me that Michael Voss is a done deal for next year. Pratt did first approach Paul Roos to see his availability but although Roos was flattered by the enormity of the contract, he could not leave his Swans.

Voss will be the public face of the Blues, but from what this ex-player was saying, it would be a group coaching arangement until Voss is up to speed. This means a lot of responsibility will fall to Ratten,Crosisca etc.
We may not even wait until the end of the year to get rid of DP, as many are dissillusioned with his current coaching. (Although Voss cant join us until next year as he is still on the Lions list). Pratt was not very happy with DP last week when he travelled to Warnambool to watch his horse and a big loss or 2 and DP will be booted out.

Another rumour that will definately please some people here, Lance also looks likely to go at the end of the year. The club will shop him around and will take almost anything for him.

The final rumour involves a certain C.Judd and when Pratt was in WA for the West Coast game, he and Swann had a little chat with him.Whether that leads to anything i do not know, but lets keep our fingers crossed.

So there you have it, a couple of rumours for you all to discuss. You may bag me and deride me for these but have a look at my posts...i dont post garbage, nor do i bag on the players or coach....Like i said these rumours come from someone who played with Carlton and is still involved at the club..

And it is not Dominic Fotia......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:48 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

bluechucky wrote:
Pratt has said you don't hire the best available, you hire the best, because the best already has a job.

I don't see Pratt going after an untried coach. I recon Pratt should look at either Roos or Worsfold, with Roos getting my vote, purely as he not only has the runs on the board, but he has moulded a team that has very little if any off field dramas.

Then he can fill the assistants role with untried but potentially gifted coaches, and thats where I see a role for Buckley.

Aaron Hamill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:57 pm 
Wayne Johnston

redskins wrote:
Lance also looks likely to go at the end of the year. The club will shop him around and will take almost anything for him.

over stick's dead body!! ...five good years in him... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:03 pm 
Stephen Silvagni

budzy wrote:
redskins wrote:
Lance also looks likely to go at the end of the year. The club will shop him around and will take almost anything for him.

over stick's dead body!! ...five good years in him... :wink:

"Stand by your man" etc....... :-D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 47  Next