Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:34 pm 
Harry Vallence

I still want Voss.

Bond would be good, but Voss will be in the Matthews mold:

Coaching a team to play: Hard, straight and uncomprimising footy.

Which I believe will very much suit our young playing group and will set us up for the future.

As for SOS... :roll:

Have you heard the man speak?

I would rather watch paint dry.

GET VOSS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:55 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Not sure you can judge SOS on the way you think he speaks. None of us have heard him speak in the heat of battle.
The boys in the 3/4 huddle in the 99 prelim seem to lift after his address.

SoS would be great i reckon. Has a fair bit of prick about him also.

Id go for Mckenna. I think he would have leant a bit over the years.
Id love Voss also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Even though Voss is my preferred option for coach, it is fantastic to see that there are so many seemingly quality candidates out there at the moment.

The timing is really good for the club.

If the process of choosing the next coach arrives at someone other than Voss whoever gets it is going to be very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 pm 
Horrie Clover

Jarusa wrote:
If the process of choosing the next coach arrives at someone other than Voss whoever gets it is going to be very good.

This is a very good point; and by the same token, if the process is professional, exhaustive and demanding, and Voss DOES ultimately get the job, then one could not question that it's his on merit.

The process is pivotal here, you'd think - in the days preceding Pratt, Swann and Icke, I would've had little faith in the club adopting modern management recruiting techniques in order to unearth the right bloke, but I'd expect that we'd now not fall into the trap of hiring on a whim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:41 pm 
Ken Hands

Yep, I agree, its comforting to know that there are some quality people to assess the coaching position.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:59 pm 
Harry Vallence

DownUnderChick wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22046812%255E19742,00.html

According to Garry Lyon :roll: , he agrees that Bond would be a good fit for Carlton.

Garry Lyon is a joke of the person. Can't take any notice of what that guy says.

1)He wants 9th spot on the ladder to get 1st pick in the draft for god sakes.
2)He wants the big fev traded too. (but so do most of you on this site and l think that is the stupidest thing l ever heard still)

3) He makes a bet on Triple M cage he would shave his head if Lions beat Eagles and now he wont do the shave the head but a body wax. How can u take a guy serious who makes a bet and doesnt follow thru with it.

4) Hes only on the footy show for people to make fun of him.

The only good thing he has done for Footy, is break his leg and cry coming off the ground on the stretcher :)

Unless your got a gif image of that then No more Gary Lyon posts please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:12 pm 
Harry Vallence

Hey Goltzy, Your wish is my command. In fact I went one better for you. How bout a video instead? 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXL57gN5cM

But They Just Can't Kill The Beast!" <2016

THE BLUEBAGGER BEAST IS BAACKK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:18 pm 
Bruce Doull

Or better yet
http://stretcherfever.ytmnd.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:28 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Dont know if Dean Laidley has been mentioned

Laidley has a new Manager now Ricky Nixon looking for other options. He has already spoken to Melbourne maybe where next.

He has done well with the team he has, they where one of the wooden spoon favorites and are now sitting inside the top eight.

We don't need a sales man as a coach or someone that can give a catch phrases. We need a coach that can win us some games. You know what your getting with Ladeily. If we take a risk with Vossy or Ratten it could set us back another three years if they dont work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:49 pm 
Bruce Doull

Nixon said last night that he approached Laidley more because he didn't have an agent, and he is the lowest paid coach in the league. So I think the main goal for Nixon is to get the best possible deal for him from the Roos. I don't think he'll seriously consider going elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:06 pm 
Harry Vallence

BrizzyBlue wrote:
Hey Goltzy, Your wish is my command. In fact I went one better for you. How bout a video instead? 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXL57gN5cM

Thats gold

This one even better :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8fRw-oU ... ed&search=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:13 pm 
Harry Vallence

Donstuie wrote:

Thats Gold aswell :)

What about David Rhys Jones as coach?

I reckon he would be awesome. Tough Carlton man who has coached well in amateur. More then Vossy has done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:42 pm 
Bruce Comben

blueboy8 wrote:

Laidley has a new Manager now Ricky Nixon looking for other options. He has already spoken to Melbourne maybe where next.

He has done well with the team he has, they where one of the wooden spoon favorites and are now sitting inside the top eight.

We don't need a sales man as a coach or someone that can give a catch phrases. We need a coach that can win us some games. You know what your getting with Ladeily. If we take a risk with Vossy or Ratten it could set us back another three years if they dont work out.
No more North Melbourne sh#ttrucks please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:55 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Gointocarlton wrote:
blueboy8 wrote:

Need the best person for the job doesn't matter where they come from. who would you suggest. JEZZA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:56 pm 
Ken Hunter

now you guys are just pulling names out of your arse. Laidley, rhys-jones.

Pah...leeeze

A garden to nurture and protect

#DopeThenStash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:00 pm 
Bruce Comben

blueboy8 wrote:
Gointocarlton wrote:
blueboy8 wrote:

Need the best person for the job doesn't matter where they come from. who would you suggest. JEZZA
I dont suggest Jezza, I also subscribe to the theory of the BEST man for the job. I just also believe the best man for the job wont come from Nth Melbourne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:05 pm 
Serge Silvagni

Gointocarlton wrote:
blueboy8 wrote:
Gointocarlton wrote:
blueboy8 wrote:

I dont suggest Jezza, I also subscribe to the theory of the BEST man for the job. I just also believe the best man for the job wont come from Nth Melbourne.

Will have to wait and see.

I don't care who coaches us next year as long as they go through the process of a job interview and are selected by the panel as the best candidate available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:20 pm 
Harry Vallence

bluechucky wrote:
now you guys are just pulling names out of your arse. Laidley, rhys-jones.

Pah...leeeze

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:57 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Not sure that Stephen Icke or Greg Swan ever went through any kind of exhaustive selection process but I am sure that Teflon Terry did down at the tigers. On the whole of it I am pretty happy with Swan and Icke as gets and I'm glad we havent got Teflon Terry.

Isnt Big Dick on the record as saying something about not wanting the best available because normally the best guy for the job isnt available??

If Big Dick and Swanny can somehow orchestrate the same kind of magic that they've woven off the field this season and sort out the on-field problems in their quiet, effective manner then I'll be happy as punch, regardless of the 'Process' used.

As long as the appointment isnt made out of desperate nepotism or cronieism then I'll be happy. I'm sure Dick hasnt built up Visy on the back of hiring idiots to top jobs, if he can find us a top bloke and close the deal I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

From my experience in business, the much lauded approach often talked up here is not common. Often top people are approached behind the scenes. There may be a show of some interviews and some testing etc, but often big appointments are targetted and pursued. Inviting a cast of many to apply and then filtering out the unwanted is a much lower percentage option than cherry picking the actual bloke you want with all the right characteristics. The pool of capable coaches is probably very small, but I dont see what some psych tests and a couple of power point presentations to the board would do. If they are serious they will already have 1 or 2 targets identified and Dick or his delegate will be sounding them out quietly already. Any semblance of 'process' will be for the punters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:08 pm 
Alex Jesaulenko

Will Caro have any ammunition if we sack Fevola to set the standard like Pratt mentioned and bring in a coach who is facing charges of assault? :?

The video footage of Voss punching someone in the head and being led into the Police station was interesting. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next