Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Kouta on in 10 minutes
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:44 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

Kouta on Channel 10 in 5 minutes have to go out hope someone can watch and report his likely return

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 pm 
Ken Hunter

Loved how he was like "I don't like you anymore Hughesy" all coz of the Tool he got haha! He said he should most likely be back next week, but will be taking it slowly to get back into match fitness.

Loyal & Proud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

BlueChick2122 wrote:
Loved how he was like "I don't like you anymore Hughesy" all coz of the Tool he got haha! He said he should most likely be back next week, but will be taking it slowly to get back into match fitness.

What????Taking it slower than he has been before he got injured???

thats where the club falls down....

Kouta will come in and pinch 50 minutes of game time from a kid.... and he wont be here next year.... but hes still going to STEAL development time away from an Edwards or a Bower or a Joey Anderson....

Thats the Pagan way.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:58 pm 
Harry Vallence

And there I was thinking that one of the objectives is to win ...

Seems that if we play youngsters and we lose, heads have to roll. But if we bring guys like Kouta into a midfield light on for experience and bulk and jag a win, then heads have to roll again. You've got 'em coming and going Synbad ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
BlueChick2122 wrote:

Kouta will come in and pinch 50 minutes of game time from a kid.... and he wont be here next year.... but hes still going to STEAL development time away from an Edwards or a Bower or a Joey Anderson....

Thats the Pagan way.....

You've got to have some players with experience in the team to lead from the front. You can't expect second year players like Murphy to lift the team and provide the voice of wisdom. With Stevens and Fisher injuried its even more important that we get Kouta into the team as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 pm 
Bruce Doull

Indie wrote:

Seems that if we play youngsters and we lose, heads have to roll. But if we bring guys like Kouta into a midfield light on for experience and bulk and jag a win, then heads have to roll again. You've got 'em coming and going Synbad ;-)

Wjhy is that???
Im not following you or you canbnot join the dots of logic.
Regardless of whether we play Kouta or Anderson/Bower we lose... it doesnt change.
The difference is playing Kouta robs a kid of game time... the kind of games the kids need under their belts for their development.. in the meantime Kouta will retire and the club gains nothing by playing him.

Is that more clear????

Kouta playing - lose cos he doesnt chase...doesnt run..playing with 2 men less.. (Lance too)
Playing with Bower/Edwards/Anderson... - we lose.. cos theyre young... but you win in the long term because youre trying to get 50 games under their belts.... and we can get 18 more in one of them this year yet....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:30 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???
Regardless of whether we play Kouta or Anderson/Bower we lose... it doesnt change.
The difference is playing Kouta robs a kid of game time... the kind of games the kids need under their belts for their development.. in the meantime Kouta will retire and the club gains nothing by playing him.

Is that more clear????

Kouta playing - lose cos he doesnt chase...doesnt run..playing with 2 men less.. (Lance too)
Playing with Bower/Edwards/Anderson... - we lose.. cos theyre young... but you win in the long term because youre trying to get 50 games under their belts.... and we can get 18 more in one of them this year yet....

We need some experience Synbad especially around the contested football. Murphy will be happy to have some support around the packs. No secret you have no time for Lance or Kouta but once again think big picture they are not our sole problem at the moment. We are playing the kids and we do need some hard bodies around the ball for support. Now the coaching strategey is another thing :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:35 pm 
Bruce Doull

Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???

Is that more clear????

We need some experience Synbad especially around the contested football. Murphy will be happy to have some support around the packs. No secret you have no time for Lance or Kouta but once again think big picture they are not our sole problem at the moment. We are playing the kids and we do need some hard bodies around the ball for support. Now the coaching strategey is another thing :!:

I agree.. we do need experience.. now if that experience was a Robert Harvey or a Brad Johnson.. a Chris Johnson... or a Shane Crawford it would be welcomed... but when its Lance and Kouta.... i reckon it has the opposite effect....
They dont put in ... they dont put in , in the physical stakes.. and they dont work hard enough.... so everyone else is under the pump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:40 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???

Is that more clear????

I agree.. we do need experience.. now if that experience was a Robert Harvey or a Brad Johnson.. a Chris Johnson... or a Shane Crawford it would be welcomed... but when its Lance and Kouta.... i reckon it has the opposite effect....
They dont put in ... they dont put in , in the physical stakes.. and they dont work hard enough.... so everyone else is under the pump.

Agree that I wouldn't mind the experience of a Brad or Chris Johnson but I disagree with your thoughts on Lance and Kouta. Maybe they may not be as defensive as they should be but when the ball is their to be won they will have a dip and more often than not they will win the contest.

Sorry big fella agree with most of your thoughts but not on the Kouta or Lance issues :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:45 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???

Is that more clear????

Agree that I wouldn't mind the experience of a Brad or Chris Johnson but I disagree with your thoughts on Lance and Kouta. Maybe they may not be as defensive as they should be but when the ball is their to be won they will have a dip and more often than not they will win the contest.

Sorry big fella agree with most of your thoughts but not on the Kouta or Lance issues :wink:

Where was Lance the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half when these games were up for grabs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:52 pm 
Rod Ashman

Synbad wrote:
BlueChick2122 wrote:

Thats the Pagan way.....
nah Koua can come in but Bower,Edwards and hartlett should get a call and give Kennedy a run in the ants with Carazzo and another midfielder along with possibly Lappin or Ackland,i rather have Betts in the ruck at least he win the same amount of ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:52 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

It's a tough one with Kouta.

We already have one of the youngest teams on the field ever, so we can not afford to get too kid hungry and risk burning them.....

Seriously how many kids can we play and get away with it long term???

I am really worried that we might burn some of our good draftee's out...

Need Kouta to look after some of these kids, there's too many thugs out there like baker....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:58 pm 
Bruce Doull

chubbyruss wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???

Is that more clear????

Where was Lance the last 2 weeks in the 2nd half when these games were up for grabs?

People think i hate Lance.... i hate what Lance represents...

That kind of mindset is NOT what we need to emerge from the darkness.
You cannot be soft if you wish to improve from 5 years of crap... he has little to offer going forward..... much like Hay Thompson Everett had little to offer this current Hawks emergence.

And his workrate is unacceptable...

Kouta is over the hill.. in my opinion hes actually looking at the club as a paycheque now...

We still need to bring someone in from another club that CAN lead... but these two are not what we need.

Take McLaren Saddington Acland Teague and Bannister with them...
By the way.. i dont know if Bryan will keep up his good form from today... but id rather him than Saddington McLaren or Acland...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 pm 
Rod Ashman

Firearm Fevs wrote:

We already have one of the youngest teams on the field ever, so we can not afford to get too kid hungry and risk burning them.....

Need Kouta to look after some of these kids, there's too many thugs out there like baker....

Not really we not asking the first year players at all any games it's just a bonus if they can, but someone like Hartlett who is on the crossroads,he knows it as he should have got a 2 year contract and maybe giving Bower or Edwards a game and dropping back one of the kids or player out of form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 pm 
Bruce Doull

Firearm Fevs wrote:

Terrible list management means we have few senior players that are any good.
That does not mean we keep players cos they have been at the club for a long time even though they have little impact.
Kouta and Lance do very little to protect the kids or to stop them from being exposed.
In my opinion get them off the list at the end of this season.
and go full out to bring a player who can contribute to this football club from another club.

But a frontliner... we dont need players who are not frontliners...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:04 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Firearm Fevs wrote:

I remember either last year or 2 years ago Baker smashing the sh1t out of Kouta and he did nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:15 pm 
Rod Ashman

chubbyruss wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Blue4ever wrote:
Synbad wrote:
Indie wrote:

Wjhy is that???

Is that more clear????

Are you serious? where were the other 21 players. Do you understand that Lance is not fit and can't train util mid week. Let me guess you are going to say that if he isn't fit he shouldn't play. The guy has contributed in the past two games more than most. Once again think big picture.

Ok he has started well and then finished off slowly at least he gave us a sniff. Did anyone else? Ay least the youngsters got a feel of what it's like to be in winning situations. Lets say we didn't have Lance in the last two games we would have been blown away and the youngsters would have been even more demoralised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:25 pm 
Bruce Doull

Of course Lance isnt fit... but he cant run jump either...

We need frontliners.....

He isnt a frontliner... he is not the man who can be put in the coalface....

Thats the kind of players we need...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:51 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

Quote:
Firearm Fevs wrote:

Rambo Stallone wrote:

Not really we not asking the first year players at all any games it's just a bonus if they can, but someone like Hartlett who is on the crossroads,he knows it as he should have got a 2 year contract and maybe giving Bower or Edwards a game and dropping back one of the kids or player out of form.

Take a breath before you explode :shock:

My brains about to explode after trying to read that! :)

Synbad wrote:
Firearm Fevs wrote:

Terrible list management means we have few senior players that are any good.
That does not mean we keep players cos they have been at the club for a long time even though they have little impact.
Kouta and Lance do very little to protect the kids or to stop them from being exposed.
In my opinion get them off the list at the end of this season.
and go full out to bring a player who can contribute to this football club from another club.

But a frontliner... we dont need players who are not frontliners...

Can't say i really disagree with you there....

I don't remember that bosman :shock:

I remember Kouta getting pushed around by an ex saints player a few years back.

I forget his name but he pushed Kouta once with all he had and Kouta budged about an inch.
He then got more agressive and pushed hime with everything he had again and Kouta moved half an inch.
Kouta got pissed off and gave him a nudge and he went flying.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:50 pm 
Robert Walls

Look, guys like Baker need to be physically hurt by someone who will then tell them they will take no further part in the game if they touch Murphy again, and know that he means it.

We have noone in the team who will do that, and it's why even Ball was running around scragging and pushing guys around off the ball on Friday ... he knew noone would touch him.

Kouta just stands and watches.