Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:29 pm 
Adrian Gallagher

The talk about Robbie Haddrill on the AFL forum has got me thinking...what fullbacks have the wood over Fev...and that brought me to a revised question...what full-backs in the league DON'T have the wood over Fev? I think the list is growing and many teams believe this is the secret to stopping Carlton.

I mean he should have kicked 7 the other night and Port not having Bishop and Cornes down back certainly gave Fev some room.

For memory Haddrill has done very well on Fev lately...lets hope I've put the mozz on him and Fev can boot at least 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:38 pm 
Geoff Southby

Not sure its the right question to ask Keith. Some defenders have beaten Fev, and then been beaten by him. With so much of his performance in th emind, and in the accuracy of the kick, I still think he could beat most of them out there. Didn't that Bulldog beat him last year only to be delisted?

He has kicked 5 or more against Scarlett / Harley (Rd 2, 2004), Fletcher, Watt and whoever played on him at the Crows. Then with Watt keeping him to 3 earlier this year, you'd have to say it was Fev v 2 of the Roos, not any single player. If they team up on him he can't beat them, but 1 on 1 I think he could win the position on any given day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:39 pm 
Harry Vallence

I would look at it another way....

IMO - if the delivery to him is good and Fev is leading cleverly I think he can beat any backmen in the league!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:43 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Dustin Fletcher?

No wait a minute... not him.....

he's shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:49 pm 
Craig Bradley

BluesRockMyWorld wrote:
I would look at it another way....

IMO - if the delivery to him is good and Fev is leading cleverly I think he can beat any backmen in the league!!

Spot On

Fevola is very much a leading forward - if the delievery is spot on, considering his speed, he is probably the best forwar din the league and is near impossible to best, his accuracy from long distances also goes to further enhance his right to be called the no.1 forward in the league.

in a contested situation though - i dont think he is the best going around, he holds his ground but probably wins 50/50 with most FB, but on the lead i dont think there is any FB that could handle him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:58 pm 
Ken Hands

Clement always rips Fev another one