Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:11 pm 
John Nicholls

Fev is actually a St.Kilda supporter.
He'll stay, but we need to loosen the cash belt a tad for that to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:46 pm 
Wayne Johnston

Deano Supremo wrote:
Sinbagger?

Are you the demonic love-child borne of a savage dispute between two opposing forces?

Hmm, I was posting on TBV since before you joined, how long have you been thinking up that comment? :roll:

..or maybe your a different Deano Supremo? In that case I guess I'm pretty new around TC....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:34 pm 
Bruce Doull

We should have over an extra million dollars at the end of the year...how much of that is going to be sucked up with signing up players is anyones guess.. But at the end of the day we will have stemmed the salary cap bleeding more or less..
I dont think Fev will bleed us dry but he is doing the smart thing and having a squizz at what he is worth in the open market. anyone would do the same thing. He id sign up for less than he was offered last time and there is nothing to suggest he wont do the same again.
Fev is a Blue through and through.. I wouldnt be worried about Fev.
Of course its a cat and mouse game.
Fev doesnt want to bag too little and the club doesnt want to pay too much. ... It also seems to me from the outside that the length of the contract seems to be an issue.
Fev might be looking at something like say.. $2mill over 4 years... and the club might be offering $1.2 mill over 3...

thats how these things go. there will be a lot of toing and froing but at the end of the day Fev will remain a Carlton player snd he will sign or less than offered elsewhere.

Fev does have to think about his future and being in his middle age footy wise this contract might be the crux of his long term security .
He deserves 400k with bonuses up to 500/ 550k in my opinion.
I dont want it to be measured by goals cos ultimately that makes a player overly goal hungry and not balanced for team orientated goals. Maybe a mixture of goals/ games played.. assists and team performance as well as points for forward line leadership etc...

Fev is a huge marketing tool for the club and there is no way he will be sent packing to another club.

Fev is exciting to watch... we dont have too much like Fev at the club at this stage.
Im really happy with how hes going about his footy. Sure he will drop his head at times.. its in his nature.
The onus is on the club to get a midfield together to turn Fev into a goalkicking machine. In my opinion he is the best full forward on ability going around at the moment. Hes a match winner.. and one day it will click and he will kick a massive amount of goals. Record amount for a game...

Im expecting Fev in the next 2 years to be the numero uno FF of the competition.
Signing him up now will be a long term investment going forward. Denis is here for 4 id give Fev a four year contract and just Fev. He is pretty bulletproof injury wise. He and Stevens would be the only 2 on long term contracts IMO.

I reckon Fev is unbelievable.. and were lucky to have him.
Nothing pisses me off more than the bronx cheers and jeering he gets at times.We know he has a problem but he is working hard on it. H e wears his heart on his sleeve and just as his elation is huge when hes kicking them he gets down when he isnt.
Fev has kicked 11 in 4 games. Not his best 4 games by any stretch of the imagination but he is still averaging what he has averaged since Denis picked him up off the Brittain/Parkin scrap heap.

Go Fev you good thing!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:40 pm 
Craig Bradley

I am going to put the above post in my archives for the future 8) :lol:

That said I agree whole heartedly with Synbad.

L.M 35-06

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:14 am 
Alex Jesaulenko

sinbagger wrote:
Deano Supremo wrote:
Sinbagger?

Are you the demonic love-child borne of a savage dispute between two opposing forces?

Hmm, I was posting on TBV since before you joined, how long have you been thinking up that comment? :roll:

..or maybe your a different Deano Supremo? In that case I guess I'm pretty new around TC....

Nah, same one. Sorry mate, I wasn't having a go at ya, just trying unsuccessfully yet again to be funny.

Did you have the same username on TBV? Damn my feeble memory...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:58 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

molsey wrote:
bosman wrote:
SurreyBlue wrote:
To be honest, I think Fev is playing a dangerous game. Hope it doesn't backfire. :cry:

Too right, Fev really needs to bag 70+ goals this year, not drop his head in any game and attack when he doesn't have the ball to get a good pay deal around the 400K mark IMO. Otherwise he should expect around the same deal he is getting now.

C'mon Bos, he's clearly worth more than what he's on now. The question is how little 'extra' money we need to give him to keep him. This isnt the same as underpaid, as I think he was well paid for where he was, but we have to recognise his value. My main fear is the Pies, while the Pies and Bombers will both start to lose some $ off the cap, they are going to have some $ to throw around. Bombers dont need him but the Pies could move Tarrant upo ground and nab him. Fev was a Pies fan, although Im not sure that means anythingm uch these days.

Pagan is the wildcard, while Pagan is teaching Fev and not losing his patience with him, that 'teaching' relationship could be worth a helluvalot. I say sign up as soon as possible, contract negotiations out in the oipen aren't in anyone's interests.

Mosley, after what I saw of Fev today thats why I feel Fev should get only what he his getting now, maybe a tad more...

Too many many times Fev gets pushed under the ball... Too pay him 400K plus would be a joke.

Maybe a 1mill over 3 years + marketing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:46 am 
Bruce Doull

Thats not what Fev is currently getting paid.
You dont think an Eagles would pay the big bucks to snag a goalkicker who just needs players to kick the ball to him and not over his head or to his feet???

Pat cash wouldnt have been able to control those half volleys..
Absolute digraceful kicking to him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:08 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Synbad, agree that the half volleys but my point was more that Fev always seems to get pushed under the ball. Fev is a big unit and it should not happen.
Fev can't expect the ball to be delivered lace out every single time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:12 pm 
Bruce Doull

bosman wrote:
Synbad, agree that the half volleys but my point was more that Fev always seems to get pushed under the ball. Fev is a big unit and it should not happen.
Fev can't expect the ball to be delivered lace out every single time..
See i reckon he is leading and the ball is being kicked over his head.
Then it goes wide or to his feet.
Then i think he they are bombing it to him and he is 188 cms.
How about inside the marking zone ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:33 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

The question is then, why isn't the ball being kicked into the marking zone ????

Is it our skill level really poor ??
Is it our players are just not up to AFL level ??
Are they under pressure all the time ??

Or, is it because Pagan wants them to move the ball quickly and long into the forward line that long bombs are what we are seeing as a result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:20 pm 
Bruce Doull

bosman wrote:
Is it our skill level really poor ??

For your answer to that take a look at our goalkicking.