Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Fev on SEN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:33 am 
Laurie Kerr

I was a little disappointed with Fev on SEN when asked about contract negotiations. He played it rather coyly. I would have preferred him to suggest he is keen to stay a Blue and repay the faith shown by Pagan. If delisted when Pagan took over not sure where he would be at. Come on Fev show a bit of solidarity. His mamagement are meeting with the Blues today. However there is unlikley to be an outcome anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:44 am 
Rod McGregor

Fev will surely be flooded with offers from rival clubs.

We will have to offer him a good deal. I reckon he is the type of bloke who will listen to other offers and play Carlton off against other teams in order to get the best deal.

That's his right, and I respect that, but he does owe Carlton loyalty after all we've been through.

I doubt he'll leave though. With the Kouta, Campo and Whitnall contracts up, we should be able to offer him a top deal.

I reckon sign him for 4 years with a $250-$300K base, with $2K for each goal he kicks, with more for finals. That seems fair.

Anyone know who he's managed by? What do you guys think of the above deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:58 am 
Bruce Doull

I'm more worried about his manager than about Fev himself. They have no loyalty to any club, just to the $.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:19 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

Dont blame Fev for being coy...business is business and you dont give away to much when contracts are being discussed. Fevis hanging out for the best deal and those flood of offers will be good bargaining material to get his price up at the Blues. Facts are Fev is now a top player and a face of the club and good marketing material...the fans luv him and his management will be looking to up that contract to around 400K a year I reckon... In reality I think Fev will get Lances money -100K and Lance will get the 250-300K offer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:15 pm 
Robert Walls

Lets not forget Lappin was offered more money by Richmond and stayed loyal.

I would not begrudge Fev a decent pay rise but he does owe the club and Pagan big time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

No way on earth he would sign a performance based contract with such a low base. If he waits till draft time to sign we may be in trouble but I am confident he will be a mid-year signing. At the moment no team is planning on finishing bottom except the Bummers. They already have a FF, so offers are irrelevant.
Minumum he will sign for is $400k. Iexpect $450 to be more realistic. A team like Sydney with BBB at FF woulld offer Fev $550000. West Coast could win multiple flags if they had Fev there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:37 pm 
Horrie Clover

Serious question re: Fev.
Andrew Maher noted that 'an interstate club is preparing itself to throw huge money at Fev'.
Without doubt (in my opinion), this club has to be West Coast.
They are the only team that are ‘between 11 and 1’ on Mick Malthouse’s premiership clock, and have obvious deficiencies up forward.
Given that Fev is a bit of a ‘problem child’ and relatively ‘high maintenance’, if we did baulk at paying him the money that may be required to retain him, what could we reasonably expect from the WCs?

Obviously we’d all love a straight swap of Fev for Judd, but I can’t see it happening, unless Juddy was knocking down the door to get out, and as I understand, that’s not the case.

What is Fev worth?

Ashley Hansen & one or more of: 1st Round draft pick/Brent Staker/Beau Waters?

Any other suggestions/opinions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:42 pm 
Craig Bradley

Ashley Hanson and a three way deal that saw us getting J.Lo as well would be the only deal i would accept for fev.

would prefer to keep fev though and get J.Lo some other way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:47 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

barrel47 wrote:
What is Fev worth?

Judd

Quote:
Ashley Hansen & one or more of: 1st Round draft pick/Brent Staker/Beau Waters?

Any other suggestions/opinions

I suggest you don't accompany me at any auctions, barrel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:26 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

We won't get Judd. Personally, WCE won't offer us anything we want for getting Fev - it'd have to involve Judd before we'd even look into it.

They won't trade Hansen - he's been very good for them this year. Hope his injuries don't let him down because he's been playing very well.

- Igor Stravinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:28 pm 
Mike Fitzpatrick

MAN! It's only round 4 and we're already talking about how to get Judd.

Look, i like Judd................and appreciate and respect that he is more than just an amazing talent....................probably win another brownlow..............and then another......................ect, ect, ect!

But at the end of the day, even if West Coast offered a straight swap with Judd - Fevola (and there is no way that'll happen), i'd rather keep Fevola.

He's got Jezza's number on his back................and the potential to be one of the most potent forwards in the AFL and, most importantly, a hero to the club if he sees out his playing career with us! I'd love that!

And at the end of the day.........................No way would Fev try and screw us on a contract. Not after what the club, and Dennis, and us - the fans - have done for him.
Sure he'll try and get the best deal possible but that's to be expected! And he is worth $400k per year.

Campo's contract will come down.
As will Whitnall (i believe we'll have a harder time keeping him than Fev - especially after last year!)
I really don't see to much point in worrying about it.

Personally, i'm excited about Fev this year, I'm looking for him to go beyond the 60+ goals his kicked in seasons 2003 & 2004!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:31 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

ryan2000 wrote:
MAN! It's only round 4 and we're already talking about how to get Judd.

Look, i like Judd................and appreciate and respect that he is more than just an amazing talent....................probably win another brownlow..............and then another......................ect, ect, ect!

But at the end of the day, even if West Coast offered a straight swap with Judd - Fevola (and there is no way that'll happen), i'd rather keep Fevola.

Ryan.... re-read this thread and please check for tone and sarcasm.

cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:39 pm 
Robert Walls

an interstate club? - not necessarily WC imho - pretty much all of the interstaters could be vastly improved with the addition of Fev
ie
sydney - barry hall @CHF and Fev @ FF (they dont really have a FF as such I dont think)
Port - Tredrea/Fev combo (again no dominant FF)
Adelaide - no forward line of note aside from perry and crumbers?
Freo - no forward line of note aside from 2 crumbers and the pavlich expt atm
Brisbane - would free up bradshaw to play FP/flank again

I'd be happy with offering Fev 3 X350k+150kbonus (ie 500 total) - say 50k for finals, 50k for 50 goals, and the final 50k is he kicks 100+

If he wouldnt accept that then there are plenty of clubs out there that we can get a good trade from (a lot more than player+1st rounder)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:02 pm 
Bulldogs Supporter

IF he wouldn't re-sign with the club (and that's a BIG if, as I think he will), the discussion on the trades board was on how you'd get Hadrill.

What about...

Robbie Hadrill + Justin Longmuir + 3rd Round Draft Pick -> Brendan Fevola + 4th Round Draft Pick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:10 pm 
Robert Walls

Perth is a a long way away. Would he really want to move that far away?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:40 pm 
Harry Vallence

In Mx today (Reduced version of the HUN newspaper) they had a little snippet about Fev and a possible new deal. To me it is more positive than some of the posts in this thread.

It reads:

'Boom Carlton Full Forward Brendan Fevola believes he is close to signing a new deal.
"I think we're close. We're in touch," Fevola told SEN.
"I would want a three- or four-year deal because I'm only 24. My manager is going to the footy club today to have a chat, but I don't think the deal will be done today."
West Coast Eagles are among clubs interested in Fevola.'

These are the exact words of the snippet/article. IMO, Fev is not going anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:20 pm 
Bob Chitty

You are all forgetting the truth about FEV.

1. Played his best football to date under Dennis
2.Knows Dennis likes him
3. Is settled with a wife and child
4.Loves us at Carlton

That tat wouldn't look as good is it was surrounded by other colours

and finally I'd never be able to watch that last kick against Adelaide ever again if he left.

I Guess that would make the wife happy!!