Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:05 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

The thing asaike has going for him is that he is built for the modern game.

Not too heavy, very athletic, and has a massive motor from all reports..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:38 pm 
Bruce Doull

Eeeeeasy big guy..................

not sure if he wants everybody knowing THAT.............!

kindest regards tommi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:49 pm 
formerly Yazzamatazz

:lol: V8 Mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:29 pm 
Craig Bradley

Define 'reality' Andrain, then define 'bluffer.'

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:10 pm 
Harry Vallence

bondiblue wrote:
dannyboy wrote

Quote:
I bet he plays afl football

I bet you're right dannyboy.

I bet that your bet is a good bet! :wink:

But They Just Can't Kill The Beast!" <2016

THE BLUEBAGGER BEAST IS BAACKK!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:44 pm 
formerly Army the Wonderkid

Andain wrote:
Ando the Wonderkid wrote:
We all know your disdain for our players. I looked up the last positive post you entered on Carlton players and it said 'REFER TO THE BLUE VIEW'.

I have seen no less than 10 training sessions and Aisake has as much promise as Setanta, if not more. He looks far more natural off the boot than Setanta and moves like he belongs.

Aisake is being asked to play in 'make position' positions rather than just follow an opponent, like his brother. As such, it is a harder role for anyone let alone a foreigner.

I have no doubt Aisake will make it. By which time you'll have 5 more people to complain about on the list.

Well known? :lol: I didn't think I was all that interesting a poster to become well known. Disdain for our players? Just because I don't rate every player on the team as a world beater doesn't mean that I have disdain for the entire team.

Jordan Bannister is pretty good on the training track too. It's what you do on the field that matters. That said I'm glad to hear your positive review about Aisake, I just want to see more of that natural talent put to use in a football game.

I didn't say you were interesting; I said you were well known as a critic of Carlton players. Very different. No one could possibly say you were interesting.

You've got me on a technicality though - I should have said maybe could take the ruck like Daryl White, but his leap and potential to me after watching 2 seasons of the VFL and many training sessions suggest he has promise to me. Bannister is a stupid-head example because he's been proven in the big time to not be up to it; Aisake is yet to hit the big-time but has height and pace on his side.

The big difference between Setanta and Aisake is the era of their development. All Setanta needed to be able to do was to take a chest mark better than David Teague to be shown as a key position player. Aisake now has a full list to compete with. A ful list of young players but a full list of promise nonetheless.

I strongly believe that Aisake 2006 was better than Setanta 2005 (both second years of football) in many respects; agility, kicking, benefit to the team. its just that Aisake has a harder gig to get into the team.

To me there is no doubt that Aisake will be retained for 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:16 pm 
Stephen Kernahan

Wow, Nick Stevens has morphed into Aisake O'hAilpin.

Now that IS a transformation...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14